Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Evatt in or out

Why on earth is all this being dredged up?! Nobody was happy in 2020 - Bolton Wanderers close to the bottom end of the fourth tier. What next? Are we going to start having a go at Phil Neal because he didn't sign a winger quickly enough after Jeff Chandler got injured in 1987?

Criticisms of IE may have had some elements of justification at the time and he'd probably say so himself. The bloke has been putting initial issues to rights ever since with the solid backing of the board. We are on an exciting upward trajectory.

If there's any criticism re what was going on in 2020 that sticks and stands the test of time it would relate to Tobias Phoenix and signings such as Brandon Comley, Reiss Greenidge and the like. 

Water long under the bridge. Move on.

41 minutes ago, Rudy said:

Not a hindsight brag but I don’t think I’ve ever called for him to go.

Parky yes

Hill yes

Lennon yes

Dougie yes

Coyle fuck me yes

Megson god yes

Sammy Lee yes

Never did with BSA, Todd or Rioch. 
IE is in great company there. 

He’s done great to ride out tough times, we’ll never know if it was ever in doubt with FV but I suspect not, but it does show what a difference a good board behind a manager can do, especially a young and relatively inexperienced managers.

I remember an interview Chris Markham gave shortly after joining us where he described a conversation he had with Sharon and she apparently told him Evatt wouldn't have been sacked if he'd have lost ten matches in a row.

• Site Supporter
52 minutes ago, Max Cherry said:

You reckoned Evatt had no discernible plan and was a fraud! Would have had him sacked! Reckon Cheese is bob on issues or not.

At the time, he felt that was the case. We weren't exactly great were we?

Whether we agreed or not, whether we felt it was a bit strong is immaterial. Hindsight is wonderful, but equally if it hadn't worked out would.he come on here calling others morons?

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

At the time, he felt that was the case. We weren't exactly great were we?

Whether we agreed or not, whether we felt it was a bit strong is immaterial. Hindsight is wonderful, but equally if it hadn't worked out would.he come on here calling others morons?

TMGJ wants to bum BP.

Just now, Cheese said:

Like jerks who call for a manager to be sacked after half a season?

No like jerks who regularly launch into other people just because they don't have the same viewpoint as you (see countless other threads); and then often going back to apologise about your way OTT agressive reaction. You know - that kind of jerk.

But you crack on trawling through old threads just so you can get another crack at calling people 'fucking morons' or similar.

• Site Supporter
5 minutes ago, Burnden Pies said:

No like jerks who regularly launch into other people just because they don't have the same viewpoint as you (see countless other threads); and then often going back to apologise about your way OTT agressive reaction. You know - that kind of jerk.

But you crack on trawling through old threads just so you can get another crack at calling people 'fucking morons' or similar.

It's an internet forum you silly sausage. We're allowed to have different opinions and ridicule people when they talk shite.

5 minutes ago, Burnden Pies said:

At least admit you were hopelessly wrong! We all can be and I have held my hands up in the past.

Even when we were crap most could see Evatt had a plan even if they doubted it might work You basically said he was clueless a fraud and should be sacked.  I'd be embarrassed reading that now and Thanks for the reminder Cheese worth remembering the shit we all spout sometimes. 

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, Max Cherry said:

At least admit you were hopelessly wrong! We all can be and I have held my hands up in the past.

Even when we were crap most could see Evatt had a plan even if they doubted it might work You basically said he was clueless a fraud and should be sacked.  I'd be embarrassed reading that now and Thanks for the reminder Cheese worth remembering the shit we all spout sometimes. 

He has effectively done so by admitting his pleasure that IE turned it around.

Nothing personal, just how he felt. Bit strong, yes but it was his view.

I'm sure looking back he will feel he spoke too soon etc etc.- just doesn't necessitate the usual bile.

1 minute ago, Max Cherry said:

I see Cheese's fan club has just doubled. Yes I was wrong but why dredge all this up 15 months later just to be provocational and call people fucking morons? It's downright weird.

The fact there was a thread started with the title 'Evatt in or out?' might be a clue as to the state of things back in January 2021, so hardly outrageous to have views for and against Evatt in that context

10 minutes ago, Max Cherry said:

You should be more embarrassed at sucking fromage off in public on here

pies had an opinion and got it wrong. Wow. Who knew 

• Site Supporter
4 minutes ago, Burnden Pies said:

I see Cheese's fan club has just doubled. Yes I was wrong but why dredge all this up 15 months later just to be provocational and call people fucking morons? It's downright weird.

The fact there was a thread started with the title 'Evatt in or out?' might be a clue as to the state of things back in January 2021, so hardly outrageous to have views for and against Evatt in that context

Desperado bumped the thread. I looked back out of curiosity, and found a few moronic posts. Get over it snowflake.

Edited by Cheese