Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Evatt in or out

• Site Supporter

I'm usually in the give them time camp but I can't see where we are going under Evatt now. I just think some simple, pragmatic decisions could make a lot of difference but our manager can't. Chino got more shit for competing with a worse squad in a higher league at one of the worst points in our history. 

I just don't know . I would say give him more time because we aren't going down and we certainly don't look like going up anytime soon .BUT  the performances just keep regressing and I can't see hardly any green shoots that it is all going to fall in place anytime soon.

Mansfield made a decision early , got in Clough and haven't looked back . Personally though I'm weary of constant change , but we have to start turning a corner soon .

I'd say in , for a bit longer.

Edited by dusan nikolic

In - you don't pay for a new man to come in and sack him in the same season. Especially under the circumstances we're currently in.

I don't think there's a single one of us that isn't bitterly disappointed with how we've performed so far. He gets the rest of this season and the start of the next for me. Barring any absolute catastrophe.

The frustrating thing is - I still can't think of many games where we've been outplayed. 

The players are clearly not motivated and don’t seem to care until they go a goal or two down.

That’s down to IE.

For professional footballers they are collectively languid.

Covid is saving his job, because there would be far more pressure if fans were in the ground.

For me he goes which is a shame as he talked a good game when he came,  but talk is cheap.

13 minutes ago, kent_white said:

In - you don't pay for a new man to come in and sack him in the same season. Especially under the circumstances we're currently in.

Why don't you, he clearly isn't delivering what he promised the board? 

He has shown nothing to me that he will be successful, he has not got a track record to give us confidence with, he is a rookie manager.

So if we are going to pot him, pot him now, if we give him in another year or two, and we are still if this division!! it will have compounded a poor decision to give the guy a job in the first place.

If Salford or Mansfield go up and we don't, they will have been brave, and we will have been weak. A gamble yes, but you are not telling me a proper manager couldn't get some kind of tune from those players. 

It's all about opinions but I am genuinely at a loss as to what people think are positives from the guy, what is it that gives you a glimmer of hope, we are bottom half of the 4th divison???

Edited by JimmyRiddle

When he was first appointed I was well up for it thinking we've got a good one here at last.But his stubbornness ( in playing possession football when in this league it's more about graft,hard work,getting the ball in the box)is mind boggling. I don't see improvement all I see is shite defending,a weak midfield and frustrated forwards 

I hope he proves me wrong but enough is enough 

3 minutes ago, JimmyRiddle said:

Why don't you, he clearly isn't delivering what he promised the board? 

He has shown nothing to me that he will be successful, he has not got a track record to give us confidence with, he is a rookie manager.

So if we are going to pot him, pot him now, if we give him in another year or two, and we are still if this division!! it will have compounded a poor decision to give the guy a job in the first place.

If Salford or Mansfield go up and we don't, they will have been brave, and we will have been weak. A gamble yes, but you are not telling me a proper manager couldn't get some kind of tune from those players. 

It's all about opinions but I am genuinely at a loss as to what people think are positives from the guy, what is it that gives you a glimmer of hope, we are bottom half of the 4th divison???

That's one way of looking at it. And I respect your opinion. You might well be right. I just tend to err on the side of giving managers time - unless they're absolutely having a calamity or take a team down or do something unforgivable.