Jump to content
Wanderers Ways - passion not fashion

Recommend a supermarket 'secret' food that you always buy that folk might not be aware of


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Security guard at work dunks his toast in his brew I assume his dead mother is stuffed on the couch

£3 Tesco dip you chicken in egg, then this, then egg then this, leave it to set fry it.  Perfect fried chicken 

Bloody hell just been in aldi too. Love duck. Will have to give it a try. 

2 minutes ago, bolton_blondie said:

Goats cheese and pesto! And also the Pastéis de Nata. 

I'll give it a go.

Microwave mash is good from pretty much everywhere if anybody has been wary about taking the plunge.

It's only a quid and with a blob of butter in tastes as good as making it from scratch!

Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, kent_white said:

I'll give it a go.

Microwave mash is good from pretty much everywhere if anybody has been wary about taking the plunge.

It's only a quid and with a blob of butter in tastes as good as making it from scratch!

No, no and thrice no. You animal.

My mash is epic though

Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, kent_white said:

I'll give it a go.

Microwave mash is good from pretty much everywhere if anybody has been wary about taking the plunge.

It's only a quid and with a blob of butter in tastes as good as making it from scratch!

Oh no, peel some spuds and do it yourself 😂

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, kent_white said:

I literally defy you to taste the difference! Have either of you tried it?

Loads of times, from multiple shops.

I'd love it to work, but they're shite compared to mine.

Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, kent_white said:

I literally defy you to taste the difference! Have either of you tried it?

Microwave mash is a superb cooking timesaving tip. The mash is just as good. So good in fact even Delia recommends it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, mickbrown said:

Loads of times, from multiple shops.

I'd love it to work, but they're shite compared to mine.

Nah, you can add anything you want as though you are cooking your own. 

I can bet your potato peeler I wouldn't either tell the difference between Mick Brown's homemade mash and sainsbury microwave mash with extra cream and cheese.

Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, mickbrown said:

Loads of times, from multiple shops.

I'd love it to work, but they're shite compared to mine.

They're are literally squashed potatoes. What is it about your squashing technique which makes them taste better? 😁

Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, kent_white said:

They're are literally squashed potatoes. What is it about your squashing technique which makes them taste better? 😁

Use the hammer setting on a fistmaster. Not a lump in sight. 

Also, another vote for lidl bakery goods. The Portuguese custards are an absolute delight. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

I love the Aldi Duck with pancakes. 

Do you not have Chinese wholesalers up there. Get half an aromatic duck, pancakes and hoisin sauce from there. Lot better and cheaper 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, kent_white said:

I literally defy you to taste the difference! Have either of you tried it?

a micowave mash and pot noodle butty - that's the future.

 

I don't even own a microwave, I must be the only person in the UK without one

Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, boogs said:

Use the hammer setting on a fistmaster. Not a lump in sight

Also, another vote for lidl bakery goods. The Portuguese custards are an absolute delight. 

correct, especially if you use the anal prolapse basher attachment

Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, Sweep said:

a micowave mash and pot noodle butty - that's the future.

 

I don't even own a microwave, I must be the only person in the UK without one

No microwave is strange  any reason ? 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Announcements


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.