Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Staycations

Dimron

• Site Supporter
35 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

I’ve no doubt that’s where it came from tbh. Sauce has no place on anything for me red or brown so I’ll slightly biased but chippy sauce is completely rotten

Esco is correct on all counts.

As I would expect of a gentleman who has fillet steak for tea (dinner) on a random Tuesday. 😉

• Site Supporter
11 minutes ago, Not in Crawley said:

Unsurprisingly, as with most things, Esco is wrong. Chip Sauce is a delight and something I enjoy everytime I venture into the badlands.

Battered haggis, chips with sauce. Lovely.

Woah there pot noodle butty boy, you have no authority here! 😁

I saw sommat about 'food' in Scotland.

One chippy was doing a 'box' meal...

A 12" pizza box filled to the brim with deep fried shitty 50p frozen pizza, chips, chicken nuggets, donner meat, scallops and fuck knows what else...

The reporter asked 'is this intended for a group to share?', chippy owner 'aye', 'is it actually bought and shared by groups though?', 'no'...

No wonder life expectancy up there is about fifty.

A lad buying one was probably about 19, looked 48 and knackered.

14 minutes ago, Youri McAnespie said:

I saw sommat about 'food' in Scotland.

One chippy was doing a 'box' meal...

A 12" pizza box filled to the brim with deep fried shitty 50p frozen pizza, chips, chicken nuggets, donner meat, scallops and fuck knows what else...

The reporter asked 'is this intended for a group to share?', chippy owner 'aye', 'is it actually bought and shared by groups though?', 'no'...

No wonder life expectancy up there is about fifty.

A lad buying one was probably about 19, looked 48 and knackered.

Munchie boxes 😆. Unbelievable what goes in some of them 1000’s of calories. Chinkys do then as well. 

you can get small (10” through to the big boy 16” boxes). 

Shop near me does a big one with

large portion of chips and cheese 

6 pieces chicken pakora 

chicken Shish kebab 

donner meat 

2 battered jumbo sausages

king rib 

8 onion rings 

deep fried mushrooms 

all sat on top of 16” garlic bread and cheese 

and a 1.5ltr bottle of pop 

Just now, Youri McAnespie said:

How much are they btw (the 16" variety)?

Varies But that one is under 20quid. 18.99 I think from memory. And no I’ve never eaten a munchie box eveR

Bare in mind that a fish and chips is £8 plus up here it’s actually good value for the munchie box. 

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, Escobarp said:

One place near me is 10.90 for fish and chips. It’s good apparently but fuck me not a chance I’m paying that 

Wouldn't mind so much, but fish prices are well down because of the pandemic. Restaurants not buying for obvious reasons.

Some cunt is making a packet.

Anyone planning on a visit to bonny Scotland for a munchie box expecting 'King Rib' to be ribs - prepare to be disappointed.

It's actually cheap sausage meat splatted into a pattie and battered then (take a wild guess...) deep-fried.

Yes folks, deep frying what is basically visceral pig fat.

Deep fried lard.

Edited by Youri McAnespie

33 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Wouldn't mind so much, but fish prices are well down because of the pandemic. Restaurants not buying for obvious reasons.

Some cunt is making a packet.

Most chippys here are owned by Italians and they aren’t chippys as per back home. These places do everything.  Even sell fags and booze. So 12pm Friday night you can order a bag of chips 4 cans of tennents and half bottle of vodka and 20 regal king size. Delivered to your door in 20 mins. 

31 minutes ago, Youri McAnespie said:

Anyone planning on a visit to bonny Scotland for a munchie box expecting 'King Rib' to be ribs - prepare to be disappointed.

It's actually cheap sausage meat splatted into a pattie and battered then (take a wild guess...) deep-fried.

Deep fried lard.

Disgusting things I’ve never tried one and never would. Deep fried steak pies are a thing of beauty though. All pies in the chippy up here are chucked in the frier 😁

35 minutes ago, Youri McAnespie said:

Deep fried lard.

So pretty much just a battered sausage like you can get down here?

1 hour ago, Escobarp said:

Munchie boxes 😆. Unbelievable what goes in some of them 1000’s of calories. Chinkys do then as well. 

you can get small (10” through to the big boy 16” boxes). 

Shop near me does a big one with

large portion of chips and cheese 

6 pieces chicken pakora 

chicken Shish kebab 

donner meat 

2 battered jumbo sausages

king rib 

8 onion rings 

deep fried mushrooms 

all sat on top of 16” garlic bread and cheese 

and a 1.5ltr bottle of pop 

Most places around here do them pizza boxes stuffed with shite deals, had one after some away last year so I’d eat anything 

20 minutes ago, DazBob said:

So pretty much just a battered sausage like you can get down here?

17 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

Nooooo we have them. These are much much worse 😁

As Escobar touches on chippy sausages are pretty much binder, they're relatively (animal) fat free - the casing on them is really impenetrable an' all, deep frying them as almost like boil in the bag.

Most of the fat in battered stuff is in the batter - fish are hardly in the fryer long.

Sausage meat is heavier on fat and gristle etc. as it's usually 100% 'meat'.

It takes miles longer to cook as well - all the time acquiring more fat.

It's (King Rib) basically like wrapping a sponge that's already 40% fat in a flannel and lobbing it into the fryer.

I wouldn't be surprised if one alone is about 1500kcal+ and fuck knows how much fat.

It's like the perfect food for cultivating arterial plaque.

Well done Scotland!

👍

Edited by Youri McAnespie

1 minute ago, Youri McAnespie said:

As Escobar touches on chippy sausages are pretty much binder, they're relatively (animal) fat free - the casing on them is really impenetrable an' all, deep frying them as almost like boil in the bag.

Most of the fat in battered stuff is in the batter - fish are hardly in the fryer long.

Sausage meat is heavier on fat and gristle etc. as it's usually 100% 'meat'.

It takes miles longer to cook as well.

It's (King Rib) basically like wrapping a sponge that's already 40% fat in a flannel and lobbing it into the fryer.

I wouldn't be surprised if one alone is about 1500kcal+ and fuck knows how much fat.

It's like the perfect food for cultivating arterial plaque.

Well done Scotland!

👍

It’s been a while since your inane ramblings have made me laugh but that hit the spot