Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Morecambe (H)

desperado

Evatt can't win, if he hadn't made changes people would be complaining that it was a great opportunity to get some minutes into the new signings, the changes were right, especially given the new rules. The sending off was the issue, it was a bit of a silly tackle but I still don't think it was a red, could have happened even if subs had not been made. 

Just now, Rudy said:

Unless the linesman has said something the ref has made his mind up based on their players reaction. 

Exactly where I'm at. If it's a potential leg breaking, two footed shocker like Lowe against Shrewsbury then the red is out before he gets to Maddison going off the ref's position. Cunt.

1 minute ago, Biggish Dave said:

Very disappointed with that. Morecambe were poor for 70 mins, they should have been beaten.

Maddison was a dick but it doesn’t excuse not being able to defend straight forward crosses coming into our box

Good point ,  why at 10 men we suddenly started panicking like it was Barcelona we were facing heaven only knows.

1 minute ago, QFPants said:

First thought was obvious red, replay shows maybe kept his studs down so bit unlucky possibly.

When we’re down to 10 men and their only threat is set pieces to take off Delf for a weak as possible winger is fucking ridiculous

Defo unlucky. Players got him sent off. 

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, Farnywhite said:

Not the end of the world but any hope of getting in play offs we have to win every home game now . It’s slipping away fast 

Even if we win every remaining home game, we're not making the play-offs. Anyone thinking otherwise is living on cloud cuckoo land.

• Site Supporter

The Fonz off sub made no sense whatsoever. Surely Tutte?

I sort of agree with mounts about the timing of the first two as well.

Maybe one.

The west ham lad looks to have some quality, as indeed did the Dick, but we were on top and in control, not sure it was necessary. 

I wonder if they'll drug test MM?

Just now, Mr Grey said:

Lets put this into perspective, we didn't lose, but how are that pile of fucking shite in the play-offs.

The ref lost the plot, bowed to their manager and players because they rounded on him at every opportunity, they went down at the slightest touch, I even counted were the ref give 2 fouls for them when their players slipped. Wasnt a red card, strong challenge on a 50/50 at best. 

That Eyres chap is a boring cunt and we need to MOVE AS A TEAM 15 YARDS UP THE FUCKING PITCH!

Same with other teams we’ve played in the play offs Cheltenham, Cambridge it’s a piss poor league

red card definitely changed the game the ref got bullied

2 minutes ago, Lt. Aldo Raine said:

I don't get the last one.

At 11 v 11 with the 2 attacking subs on We started to stretch them. They have to chase the game and it opens up more and more as we have fresh legs to capitalise. We nearly hit them on the break twice with 10 men

IMO we could have got another 2 goals without the sending off