Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Marcus Maddison

gonzo

• Members
45 minutes ago, Francis Fogarty said:

If your job makes you think about crashing your car it's time to pack it in. Fortunately he realised that before he did it.

Yeah he romantic in me makes me think if he would have scored he’d have kicked on, looked like he needed an arm around him 

Hope he feels better and is happy now 

47 minutes ago, Rudy said:

Yeah he romantic in me makes me think if he would have scored he’d have kicked on, looked like he needed an arm around him 

Hope he feels better and is happy now 

If he’d scored for us it could have been so different.

His first appearance was a disaster & things didn’t get much better for him after that

Everyone here wanted him to do well and maybe he was trying too hard at times.

He’s one of those players that needs to be loved and i hope things go well for him.

Edited by Burndens Bogs

It might have been different, he might have helped fire us to promotion. Reward him with a new contract, and by December 2021 we're getting terminated at Fleetwood and Accrington, people are getting told they're "fucking shit' to their faces and he flounces off. Can't be arsed, just go do your COD livestreams 

4 minutes ago, Marc505 said:

You know, I was so pissed when I wrote that, that 1. I can't remember doing it and 2. I've got heartburn just by reading it back.

I think most posts from Christmas day and boxing day can be filed in that category. 

• Site Supporter
8 hours ago, Burndens Bogs said:

If he’d scored for us it could have been so different.

His first appearance was a disaster & things didn’t get much better for him after that

Everyone here wanted him to do well and maybe he was trying too hard at times.

He’s one of those players that needs to be loved and i hope things go well for him.

If a couple of the long range shots or free kicks had gone in he might have lasted longer, but these things don't come up overnight. His problems had been coming on for a while.

• Members
6 hours ago, Youri McAnespie said:

I'm currently in the when is acceptable to go to the shop and replenish supplies zone.

Watching MOTD for the first time in ages - Saka is on a roll, two cracking goals.

Such a talent that lad. A joy to watch, smith-Rowe is a good prospect as well

• Members
38 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Best thing for Arsenal as a whole surely?

Well Arsenal need to give their heads a shake. Keep giving 30 years olds 4 & 5 year contracts on top dollar then not performing. So no one is buying him for the money Arsenal will want so looks like they’re stuck with him.

Edited by Rudy

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, Rudy said:

Well Arsenal need to give their heads a shake. Keep giving 30 years olds 4 & 5 year contracts on top dollar then not performing. So no one is buying him for the money Arsenal will want so looks like they’re stuck with him.

That's daft. If he's shot his bolt with the club, then get rid asap and save his wages.

The contract thing is very different to what Wenger used to do. Short contracts for over 30s then.

• Members
Just now, Tonge moor green jacket said:

That's daft. If he's shot his bolt with the club, then get rid asap and save his wages.

The contract thing is very different to what Wenger used to do. Short contracts for over 30s then.

Chelsea did the right model over 30 younger two year max and you had to be Drogba good to get two years. No resale value otherwise 

• Moderators
17 hours ago, Rudy said:

See Ozil

• Members
26 minutes ago, Zico said:

See Ozil

Exactly. Should be called the Ozil rule. Madrid knew what they were doing. It’s very rare they sell someone on and they get better. Meanwhile Arsenal threw a stupid contract at him

Edited by Rudy