Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

These League 2 Referees

Burndens Bogs

This might sound a little ridiculous, but there should be something like 3points awarded to any team that has had 3 reds over turned. Might make the officials more aware of their decisions and stop them from "targeting" certain clubs (if such thing exists).

A sort of compensation for the errors and points lost or dropped if you will due to their errors since we don't have VAR in the lower leagues

• Moderators
27 minutes ago, SalCity Biggie said:

This might sound a little ridiculous, but there should be something like 3points awarded to any team that has had 3 reds over turned. 

They'd just stop overturning them

37 minutes ago, SalCity Biggie said:

This might sound a little ridiculous, but there should be something like 3points awarded to any team that has had 3 reds over turned. Might make the officials more aware of their decisions and stop them from "targeting" certain clubs (if such thing exists).

A sort of compensation for the errors and points lost or dropped if you will due to their errors since we don't have VAR in the lower leagues

Better still would be give these refs a long ban, they'll think twice about shithouse decisions, when their money is cut off.

7 minutes ago, DomRepWanderer said:

Better still would be give these refs a long ban, they'll think twice about shithouse decisions, when their money is cut off.

They'd just stop giving cards out pretty sharpish would be my guess.

Seems to me most of these Referees want to make their mark on every game they officiate.

In the old days i used to like Refs that you hardly noticed in a game, this hardly seems to happen anymore, the games full of attention seeking "Look at me" type of Refs.

2 minutes ago, DomRepWanderer said:

Kirkpatrick, that run though.

One time at Bloomfield Rd. thecBlavkpool playets wouldn't retreat 10 yards fpr a free kick. He marched it out, scraped a line with his foot, they moved back but as soon as he turned they came forward again. This happend a few times .... so he sat on the ball in a "we can do this all day" manner.

They eventually stopped. He was 'a character'.

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, Dr. Feelgood said:

One time at Bloomfield Rd. thecBlavkpool playets wouldn't retreat 10 yards fpr a free kick. He marched it out, scraped a line with his foot, they moved back but as soon as he turned they came forward again. This happend a few times .... so he sat on the ball in a "we can do this all day" manner.

They eventually stopped. He was 'a character'.

Think someone’s pissed about with your keyboard.

• Site Supporter
6 hours ago, DomRepWanderer said:

I've said it before, the EFL need to take a look at these shite refs, it's costing us points, we held on Saturday, but still won't happen every game

That's right. Are the going to recompense us for the two points we didn't get against Morecambe ?

If we don't go up on the strength of that draw it could be far more expensive than a three match ban.

• Site Supporter
11 hours ago, Burndens Bogs said:

In the old days i used to like Refs that you hardly noticed in a game,

Uriah Rennie - although plenty of our opposition may have felt differently. Similar with Kevin Lynch (reffed last game at Burnden) If not fans to start with they certainly developed an affinity with BWFC. Great referees 😂