Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Are we going up?

globaldiver

Im just hoping we go from strength to strength for rest of season.  There has been so much hope crushed only to rise again that another kick in the bollocks would be hard to take.

Thats where i was at Wednesday until Declan's fluke sailed in. Now we are all believing again but i suppose that's nothing new. Just we need to get out of this league.

I'm bipolar on this one, my opinions are all over the place and change day to day. Sensible me says we've left a charge too late, just too much to do. Optimistic me thinks we're not far off, have the best team if they play to potential and the best squad, admittedly I've no actual clue about any other clubs squad.

I also think that having taken a chance on a young progressive manager instead of picking one of the usual suspects and an absymal decade were due some good khama.

In conclusion, HMS automatic promotion (by the skin of our teeth) but it's Saturday evening in Australia and I've had a few drinks.

31 minutes ago, boltondiver said:

The other day Rudy said we were 250-1 to win the league.

I put £10 on at 150-1.

Decent odds for a team on a roll.

If you look on Oddschecker you will see odds on us going up automatically  have tumbled from about 25 -1 ( you get a margin across different bookies ) a week ago to as low as 17-2 this morning though you can still get us at 12s , If we win today those odds will really plummet 

Personally think going up as champions is too  big an ask , but what do I know -

A month ago I was looking  downwards not upwards !

Edited by Benny The Ball

• Moderators

5 points off the play offs and 9 off top 3 

Fuck all in this league with 18 games left

We won't always come back from 2-0 down and we do have a habit of going behind 

But automatic is as do-able for us as it is for Orient and Walsall

4 minutes ago, Spider said:

Where?????

Hills after Mansfield game

top 3 25/1 both probably changed now

just checked 5/2 & 20/1 now 

Edited by radcliffewhite1

• Members

Yes. Course we are

Not only are we MASSIVE 

We play good football

Santos and Baptiste are getting better every game 

Doyle will score 20

John, Lee, Williams will become even better

Sarc to come back in

Bollocks to Wembley 

We are winning the whole cunting lot

YHIF ITK COWYM

• Site Supporter

It’s the hope that kills you.

I try to maintain an outward, calm, sensible and rational outlook to this so no it’s not happening.

But then there’s the hopeful, optimistic and passionate me that says yes absolutely this is on. And it’s this part that makes us who we are isn’t it, otherwise what’s the point?

Found this yesterday. 

https://www.soccerstats.com/table.asp?league=england4&tid=10

Our run in is easier than the games we've played based on PPG of teams played v remaining. 

Our next 4 is by far the easiest in the league. Average PPG of 0.89. Closest is 1.12 

(A) at Southend Utd (PPG at home = 0.93)

(H) vs Scunthorpe (PPG away = 1.15)

(H) vs Barrow (PPG away = 0.54)

(A) at Oldham (PPG at home = 0.93)

Feel like we've got to be in contention after these.

If we maintain 2 points per game from here on in we hit 74 points. We'd be unlucky not to reach the play offs with that, it should also give us a chance of top 3 given that teams are evenly matched and will take points off each other. The amount of games some of the others have left should also play in our favour. We are almost solidly 2 games per week for the rest of the season so others will be really struggling to get games in if there are any more postponements. That makes our squad depth an even bigger advantage. 

I'd say we'll get play offs and narrowly miss out on automatic. I'd fancy us in the play offs too.