Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Are we going up?

globaldiver

On 20/02/2021 at 21:14, MickyD said:

As an aside, how come, in Trashmere’s last 6 games, five were at home?

23/1 Bolton (H)

26/1 Harrogate (H)

30/1 Morecambe (A)

6/2 Port Vale (H)

9/2 Stevenage (H) rearranged from earlier postponement

13/2 Grimsby (A) postponed

20/2 Oldham (H).

7 hours ago, RUREADY2ROLL said:

And how different it would have been if the referees had been fair. Extra 2 points against Morecambe and Cambridge and at least a point against Trashmere

All things considered re referees and late points we are definitely on the right side over the season.  

7 hours ago, Rudy said:

That’s insane 

They went from being described as 'unbeaten in 8' before our game to having 'the second worst home record in the division ' next match v Cambridge.  Then lost again , another "fluke' Nigel? Now hes got more to worry about. 

This division changes by the week plenty more points yet. Nothing guaranteed yet

• Site Supporter
11 hours ago, Rudy said:

65-D9-D2-D3-899-C-47-B8-B1-AA-05-B761627

Top 10 teams separated by a single point of the team above them

9 hours ago, Johnnyrotten said:

Talk about a week being a long time in football.  With 10 minutes to go at Mansfield they were 2 pts above us with a game in hand, top of the form table and looking at play offs.  A week later we're 10 positions and 10 points above them and they're 1 point above 4th bottom.  Crazy division.

In my 47 years on this planet and 40 years watching us, there can’t ever have been a more crazy, ridiculous season (and I’m not even including the Covid nonsense). This division is just so unpredictable.

I know the fact that we aren’t out there physically experiencing it is heartbreaking, but the fact that we  (well some of us) are watching every game and living and breathing every moment and placing the games at the centre of our being and entertainment (Is this sad??!!) means for me and my boys so much. Yesterday we were analysing the league table and firing up Southend’s game on IPTV 😂. We keep working out the myriad of permutations from the next series of games. My boys have gone from having the game on in the background messing about on their phones, to away tops on, phones away (in case of any rogue notifications) and shouting and cheering at recent performances. We even got hotel prices up for the weekend of 29th May. It’s fair to say we are loving BWFC at the moment! 

If we continue to show this form and positive consistency then I’m convinced we are going up.

1 hour ago, Mounts Kipper said:

I’ve reviewed my prediction given our current form and the players at our disposal and I think we could very well go up automatically don’t think we can win it but hopefully sneak into 3rd place. 

Crawley could be the 2021 Wrexham. Who scores the goal this time though?

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, Mounts Kipper said:

I’ve reviewed my prediction given our current form and the players at our disposal and I think we could very well go up automatically don’t think we can win it but hopefully sneak into 3rd place. 

Much better than a play off place.  I love a trip to that there London but would rather have a relaxed version rather than a lottery of a football match to make it a shit or a great weekend. 

29 minutes ago, Ani said:

I would hate to be in playoffs and have to play Bradford or Tranmere  

Couple of points behind but like us bradford are finding some form, I’ve go no doubt we have better players but I wouldn’t fancy tranmere either maybe over 2 legs but not the final 

3 hours ago, radcliffewhite1 said:

Couple of points behind but like us bradford are finding some form, I’ve go no doubt we have better players but I wouldn’t fancy tranmere either maybe over 2 legs but not the final 

I bet Tranmere wouldn't fancy playing us either.  If the boot was on the other foot and we'd done the double but massively rode our luck in the 2nd game, I'd be wanting to avoid them in the play offs.  (and Crawford can't play against us).

I'd take whoever has got the least bad pitch in the semis, so definitely not Newport.  I'd fancy us if we got to Wembley against anyone in this crap league, refereeing decisions notwithstanding.

9 hours ago, MickyD said:

Much better than a play off place.  I love a trip to that there London but would rather have a relaxed version rather than a lottery of a football match to make it a shit or a great weekend. 

It’s a shit 52 weekends though if you lose Micky because you have to start all over again again. Sod Wembley, it has to be automatic for me and it’s well within our grasp.

• Site Supporter
On 26/02/2021 at 19:49, Whitesince63 said:

It’s a shit 52 weekends though if you lose Micky because you have to start all over again again. Sod Wembley, it has to be automatic for me and it’s well within our grasp.

All season you CAN start again. 

• Site Supporter
3 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Tranmere going well, good result for them Today.

Could do with a stumble from them, especially as we don't play them again so can't affect them directly. 

Just keep winning. 

Theyve had a fabulous week. Wins at Carlisle and Orient. Dont see them finishing outside top 3 at all

I remember when we won games during our decline sometimes thinking that we got a bit lucky and obviously I was happy to get a win on match day but part of me couldn't help feeling it was papering over cracks, whether it was Premier League with Coyle or Wilbraham on the last day of the season. Some amazing memories, sure, but in the context of the club it all felt like we were on a downward trend and any positives felt more like a glimmer rather than a light at the end of the tunnel.

You might say we've been lucky in this recent upturn in form with Shaun Miller's goals in particular but this "luck" feels entirely different to me.

I believe luck is a massive thing in football, not just during games but in everything: transfers, ownership, injuries, managers, things falling in the right place at the right time. All those factors make football such a chaotic and entertaining sport. Looking at our decline, losing Big Sam, massive injury layoffs, relegation, Eddie's money running out, Ken Anderson takeover, administration and much more...

I think now, with our new owners, new manager, new style, I think the context of our luck is much more positive. More reasons to be optimistic. I believe in Sharon/FVs plans for the club, I believe in Evatt and the squad. I really think this is the start of us heading in the right direction after many years of decline. I'm not saying we'll be Premier League in 5 years but I think we should look at our situation with hope and optimism as the club has turned a massive corner since the end of the K. Anderson era. It's a cliché but trust in the process because it looks like there actually is a process, which is more that can be said for the last decade.

Are we going up? Ab-so-fucking-lutely!

COYW