Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Are we going up?

globaldiver

• Site Supporter

Anyone thinking we're going to play Cityesque football and win the last 6 games easily needs a chill pill.

We've got 6 almighty battles, none will be pretty and I doubt we'll come out the right side of them all.

Hopefully, we come out of enough of them them though with the right result

Edited by Biggish Dave

9 minutes ago, Biggish Dave said:

Anyone thinking we're going to play Cityesque football and win the last 6 games easily needs a chill pill.

We've got 6 almighty battles, none will be pretty and I doubt we'll come out the right side of them all.

Hopefully, we come out of enough of them them though with the right result

Correct - its not going to be a walk in the park. Not sure of a play off place yet. 

Lads lads lads, been around SO long and been SO disappointed.

Can remember us playing Everton in a league cup semi in the mid 70s

Was so disappointed that i was on the verge of tears, my auld fella clocks and his and sez, eh lad, if thaz gonna folla this lot thaz best get used to this.

Best words I've ever heard.

• Site Supporter
10 minutes ago, Whitestar said:

Was so disappointed that i was on the verge of tears, my auld fella clocks and his and sez, eh lad, if thaz gonna folla this lot thaz best get used to this.

I nearly got banned by mum for crying when Wrexham beat us in the FA cup about 82 or 83 time. From then onwards I've known I've never followed a glory hunting team

3 minutes ago, RatchetMan said:

I think we are in a very strong position now there’s clear daylight between us and 4th. I’m the most confident I’ve ever been of going up automatically tonight 

Looking good, for sure

I think we are in a very strong position now there’s clear daylight between us and 4th. I’m the most confident I’ve ever been of going up automatically tonight 

Clear daylight 2 points ? 

50 minutes ago, Whitestar said:

Your auld fella had some wise words there. But I don't see how that logic translates into "Are we going up? Are we F***". Sounds like you're just scared to believe in the team so you don't get hurt. If that makes life easier for you then go for it.

I suppose if you aim low then you have less chance to be disappointed but that's not what football's about for me. It's the hope that kills you for sure but also what makes it worth watching.

Edited by Mantra

• Site Supporter
57 minutes ago, RatchetMan said:

Then why post that we could lose and Tranmere could win Tuesday (unlikely, but of course possible) if you don’t believe it? 

It would take a very strange set of results and a near implosion if we didn’t make top 3, think Morecambe are biggest challenges but they’ll have to beat us to make it happen, Tranmere have a terrible run in and I cannot see them getting enough points, Cambridge could also miss out,  Cheltenham are home and hosed for automatic for me, I make us second favourites. 

• Site Supporter

What in the world is your problem? Do I need to run everything I say by you?

No I’m just intrigued why you come out with unlikely scenarios you don’t believe in? There are lots of negative things in life that could happen, but you don’t comment about how they may come to happen  

Edited by desperado

Just now, desperado said:

No I’m just intrigued why you come out with unlikely scenarios you don’t believe in? There are lots of negative things in life that could happen, but you don’t comment about them may happening? 

It’s hardly an unlikely scenario is it? 

17 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

It would take a very strange set of results and a near implosion if we didn’t make top 3, think Morecambe are biggest challenges but they’ll have to beat us to make it happen, Tranmere have a terrible run in and I cannot see them getting enough points, Cambridge could also miss out,  Cheltenham are home and hosed for automatic for me, I make us second favourites. 

Not got your confidence; win next two and I will agree with you. Could do with Cheltenham losing their bottle

3 minutes ago, RUREADY2ROLL said:

Not got your confidence; win next two and I will agree with you. Could do with Cheltenham losing their bottle

Check out Cambridge & Tranmere fixtures, we’ve got a cushion with Morecambe as it stands, can’t see FGR regaining form and Newport gap is to big in my opinion. It’s 3 from 4 and it’ll take massive run of superb results from Tranmere to overhaul us. 

Edited by Mounts Kipper