Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Are we going up?

globaldiver

11 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

I've analysed the L2 table. 

4 wins takes us up, definitely 

3 wins, 1 draw, more than likely 

2 wins, 3 draws, as long as those 2 draws are against Morecambe and Exeter, more than likely.

Games are running out and that 2 point cushion we have is now massive, it means all the teams below is have to got to go 1 more win than us, thats 4 out of 6 🙄

We'll be right. Didn't look great against town today and fortunate to get the 3 points. 

Looking at the last few matches we seem to struggle when teams close us down quickly. It results in us hoofing the ball and losing possession. Having said that town tired in the second half and the quality in squad depth for this league proved.

Great performance by Thomason, his kind of attitude is what we need right now. Doyle again making finishing look easy and for Maddison it unfortunately has worked out.

Roll on Tuesday.

6 hours ago, wanderer1984 said:

We'll be right. Didn't look great against town today and fortunate to get the 3 points. 

Looking at the last few matches we seem to struggle when teams close us down quickly. It results in us hoofing the ball and losing possession. Having said that town tired in the second half and the quality in squad depth for this league proved.

Great performance by Thomason, his kind of attitude is what we need right now. Doyle again making finishing look easy and for Maddison it unfortunately has worked out.

Roll on Tuesday.

We seem to struggle against big physical strikers, they don’t have to be that good a player, just someone who occupies Santos & Baptiste stopping them carrying the ball out from the back, thankfully these types run out of steam after 45 minutes and normal service gradually resumes, we look so much better when Santos & Baptiste carry the ball over the halfway line creating overloads either left or right. 

Edited by Mounts Kipper

8 hours ago, Mr Grey said:

I've analysed the L2 table. 

4 wins takes us up, definitely 

3 wins, 1 draw, more than likely 

2 wins, 3 draws, as long as those 2 draws are against Morecambe and Exeter, more than likely.

Games are running out and that 2 point cushion we have is now massive, it means all the teams below is have to got to go 1 more win than us, thats 4 out of 6 🙄

Yeah I’d go with that

beat Salford I think we’re guaranteed play offs (not mathematically but can’t see ground being made)

The pressure is on morcambe/Carlisle & Exeter when we play them that will suit us fine 

On 06/04/2021 at 19:02, jmjhb said:

36.3% chance of Top 3 (although still 3rd favourite to go up)

3.5% 1st

10.9% 2nd

21.8% 3rd

77 points gives a 54.5% of automatic promotion

This doesn't take the Morecambe match at the moment into account

56.6% chance of Top 3

5.7% 1st

20.2% 2nd

30.7% 3rd

76 points gives a 44.4% chance of promotion

77 points gives a 69.2% chance

Edited by jmjhb

16 minutes ago, Dimron said:

Keeping my eye on Exeter, they are top 3 on GD, just hope they have left it too late. 1st May will be the big crunch match if they do put a run together

7 points is a lot to catch up, especially in 7 games

They play Tuesday-Saturday every week up until our match, whereas we've got a week off before it

Edited by jmjhb

1 hour ago, Rudy said:

Pressure will pay a part especially in teams above us 

Cambridge yesterday is a prime example 

Yep, too many on here panic about others

totally in our hands now yes I was frustrated yesterday but again we ground another win when not playing well

6 minutes ago, radcliffewhite1 said:

totally in our hands now yes I was frustrated yesterday but again we ground another win when not playing well

One of the big things yesterday is that despite going a goal down we turned it round. Cambridge chase the game and ship 4 .

It is strange what pressure does to a team. 

1 hour ago, jmjhb said:

7 points is a lot to catch up, especially in 7 games

They play Tuesday-Saturday every week up until our match, whereas we've got a week off before it

You’d hope we’d have seen Exeter off before we play them. Next 3 I’d be looking for 7 points minimum that’ll pile pressure on the chasing pack. 

• Members
1 hour ago, radcliffewhite1 said:

Top 2 will be nervous every time they play now knowing one mistake could cost them the league. Experienced heads are now needed 

Tranmere's form has dropped off big time. Draw, Draw, Loss, Draw, Draw and still to play Salford, Bradford and FGR.

Cambridge only have 5 matches left compared to everyone else's 6 in the hunt. They've got Newport next.

Cheltenham will have to start dropping points fast if we want to leapfrog them. 3 wins in their last 5, a draw and a loss, same as us.

FGR's form has also dropped off big time since they played us. 4 losses and a draw. Losing Jamille Matt seems to have been a blow.

We have some tough fixtures on paper to finish the season (Salford, Morecambe, Carlisle, Exeter) but we should really be getting the job done based on our form and the form of those around us.

Edited by Mantra