Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Are we going up?

globaldiver

• Site Supporter
Just now, woolli said:

Whilst i agree to a certain extent we have division 2 players, 4 of the team on Saturday have played in the premiership, and every other have played at an higher level, or played for someone at an higher level. We are now lining up to play a team who are division 2/ conference players! Shouldnt we be expecting more with regards to their experience? I still expect us to win on Saturday, and thats what we should expect. Experience should play its part, but, we have to be up for the battle, and if we dont we will fall short! Just hope thats not the case.

It’s a good point. I think if you look at the past and in some cases ahead to the future, some of our players have been/could be/should be, playing at a higher level. But currently they are not and there’s reasons for that. Take Lee and John for example. More often than not they look a cut above this level, but Johns performances have been off the last couple of games and we’ve seen Lee miss a few sitters in this good run. His bad injury has put him in the gamble category for a league 2 club, which fortunately has worked out well for us.

Like you I’m hoping their experience along with the other mature performers out there like Gilks, Baptiste, Williams, Sarcevic and Doyle will be enough to see us over the line

2 hours ago, waffer cup 07 said:

I've been surprised how much football is played in Div2. Not as much hoofball as I expected. As said previously the main difference between Div2 and Div 1, is probably the standard of finishing.

Yeh me too. Every team tries to get it down & play on the floor and most players get their heads up & at least try & play the pass, very little hoofball unless its defenders clearing their lines. Not seen anyone totally shite & that includes Sarfend & Grimsby.

• Moderators
4 hours ago, RUREADY2ROLL said:

We were shit at Grimsby, crawled over the line against Carlisle and struggled to beat 10 men at Morecambe - then that crap on Saturday. It’s not going to be easy but we can do this. You never know Bradford might even turn up. I am still fuming over that second half Saturday; they know what they need to do so bloody do it

Shit, crawled, struggled, crap 

That's been our run since jan but at the same time a bit assured 

I think there's only been 3 games i enjoyed 

Scunthorpe and Oldham because we went two up, and Mansfield because we scored 3 in ten mins 

The rest have been tense 

But I've seen enough to think we will do it in the least enjoyable fashion 

Morecambe 4-0 after an hour and we scrape it in injury time 

22 minutes ago, desperado said:

It’s a good point. I think if you look at the past and in some cases ahead to the future, some of our players have been/could be/should be, playing at a higher level. But currently they are not and there’s reasons for that. Take Lee and John for example. More often than not they look a cut above this level, but Johns performances have been off the last couple of games and we’ve seen Lee miss a few sitters in this good run. His bad injury has put him in the gamble category for a league 2 club, which fortunately has worked out well for us.

Like you I’m hoping their experience along with the other mature performers out there like Gilks, Baptiste, Williams, Sarcevic and Doyle will be enough to see us over the line

Fingers crossed. Keep it tight first 15, dont concede, and i think we will be fine.

Where we came from:

https://public.flourish.studio/visualisation/5697512/

Line-up for the first League Game this season:

(I had forgotten some of these either existed. Tom White FFS).

Crellin

Almeida Santos

Baptiste Booked at 54mins

Greenidge Booked at 49mins Substituted for Amoateng at 71'minutes

Jones

Comley Booked at 40mins Substituted for Crawford at 56'minutes

White Substituted for Tutte at 71'minutes

Gordon

Sarcevic

Delfouneso

Doyle

Substitutes

Taft

Crawford

Hickman

Mascoll

Tutte

Amoateng

Alexander

This was the squad that played at Colls on 1/8/20

First Half XI: Trialist, Trialist, Taft, Delaney, Trialist, Thomason, Comley, Gordon, Crawford, Trialist, Doyle.

Second Half XI: Alexander, Trialist (Senior 83), Trialist, Trialist, Politic, White (Brockbank 81), Trialist, Trialist, Darcy, Faal, Trialist.

Goals: Doyle (37), Trialist (60), Politic (82). 

1 hour ago, athywhite1958 said:

First Half XI: Trialist, Trialist, Taft, Delaney, Trialist, Thomason, Comley, Gordon, Crawford, Trialist, Doyle.

Second Half XI: Alexander, Trialist (Senior 83), Trialist, Trialist, Politic, White (Brockbank 81), Trialist, Trialist, Darcy, Faal, Trialist.

Did we ever find out who any of the trialists were ?

1 hour ago, athywhite1958 said:

Fuck me. 

How have we got promoted?

Been rebuilt from scratch. 

Amazing