Jump to content
Wanderers Ways - passion not fashion

Recommended Posts

On 03/04/2021 at 11:03, Dimron said:

Said to the missus yesterday we've become like Boring Boring Arsenal... "One nil to the Bolton, one nil to the Bolton..."

Have you tried "One Nil to the Wanderers ... One Nil to the Wanderers ... "

Flows so much better if you are singing it - reckon the Missus might appreciate it 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Actually the new Bolton is go one up, miss 27 chances then defend for last 25 minutes potentially with 10 men and pretty certain with a non goal keeper in nets after Gilks injures himself knee sliding

Talk about a week being a long time in football.  With 10 minutes to go at Mansfield they were 2 pts above us with a game in hand, top of the form table and looking at play offs.  A week later we're 1

Still have every faith. Not even arsed we lost today. Had to lose somewhere and now is the right time to do it. I think Maddison needs a couple of starts.

Last time we were in the 4th tier, 1987/88

Last 8 Games, W4 D3 L1

H v Burnley: W 2-1

A v Exeter: D 1-1

A v Cardiff: L 0-1

H v Scunthorpe: D 0-0

H v Newport: W 6-0

A v Cambridge: D 2-2

H v Colchester: W 4-0

A v Wrexham: W 1-0

15 points, we may just fall short. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Benny The Ball said:

Have you tried "One Nil to the Wanderers ... One Nil to the Wanderers ... "

Flows so much better if you are singing it - reckon the Missus might appreciate it 

 

 

I'll serenade her tonight and let you know how I get on...

Link to post
Share on other sites

Fridays result actually did our chances of going up no harm, but significantly reduced chances of us winning the league. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Ani said:

Fridays result actually did our chances of going up no harm, but significantly reduced chances of us winning the league. 

I wouldn’t say significantly reduced our chances. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 03/04/2021 at 11:16, RUREADY2ROLL said:

Don’t think there are any easy games in this division - most teams are hard working and recent results back that up. 

 

22 hours ago, Whitesince63 said:

Really? To be honest Ru, I don’t think there are any hard games for us if we play to our strengths. Certainly the top teams who need to win and will come at us should be the ones we’re most likely to beat, just based on the fact we have better players than they do. I’m entirely confident.

We had this debate a while back and my opinion hasn’t changed and is more aligned to @RUREADY2ROLL

The issue is consistency.

The standard in this league is better than I thought it would be. There’s some talented players, progressive managers, sides who can execute a plan to stop other teams playing or impose their strengths to get results against anybody. Crawley and Cheltenham did it against sides in the top 2 tiers, as did today’s opponents  Newport, who beat Watford, Swansea and drew against Newcastle.

While we are on a good run and on our day capable of beating anyone in this league, we are, as we have seen these last few weeks, not immune to what plagues all these sides in the bottom tier, consistency. 

And let’s be honest, that’s why we are all there. I think it’s easy to get carried away thinking we will brush away every side we play and perform to our best every week, it’s not going to happen. And while I’ll be disappointed if we don’t win today, I won’t be coming on here calling out the players, IE, and their decision-making inconsistencies, if things don’t go to plan.

I would still believe that any result today would still leave us in a position for promotion.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Site Supporter
8 minutes ago, desperado said:

 

We had this debate a while back and my opinion hasn’t changed and is more aligned to @RUREADY2ROLL

The issue is consistency.

The standard in this league is better than I thought it would be. There’s some talented players, progressive managers, sides who can execute a plan to stop other teams playing or impose their strengths to get results against anybody. Crawley and Cheltenham did it against sides in the top 2 tiers, as did today’s opponents  Newport, who beat Watford, Swansea and drew against Newcastle.

While we are on a good run and on our day capable of beating anyone in this league, we are, as we have seen these last few weeks, not immune to what plagues all these sides in the bottom tier, consistency. 

And let’s be honest, that’s why we are all there. I think it’s easy to get carried away thinking we will brush away every side we play and perform to our best every week, it’s not going to happen. And while I’ll be disappointed if we don’t win today, I won’t be coming on here calling out the players, IE, and their decision-making inconsistencies, if things don’t go to plan.

I would still believe that any result today would still leave us in a position for promotion.

 

Totally agree. Our point on Friday taking us 1 point further away from the 5 teams behind us means even a loss today isn’t the end of the world.

Sure, it makes it more difficult but 21 points remaining after today, teams arses twitching, it’s going to be a fun ride. Not for the faint hearted.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Mounts Kipper said:

I wouldn’t say significantly reduced our chances. 

We went from 4/1 to 8/1. 
 

Not just our result but Cheltenham and Cambridge both winning. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, radcliffewhite1 said:

Yes

Simple as that 

I agree, I don't think we'll be Champions, probably a bit too much to do for that, but I don't see why we can't grab that third place

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Sweep said:

I agree, I don't think we'll be Champions, probably a bit too much to do for that, but I don't see why we can't grab that third place

Win the next two and all of a sudden we’re back in the frame for champions.

Results elsewhere went our way again. Back on the horse with the next two and all will be well. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, desperado said:

while I’ll be disappointed if we don’t win today, I won’t be coming on here calling out the players, IE, and their decision-making inconsistencies, if things don’t go to plan.

I would still believe that any result today would still leave us in a position for promotion.

My opinion from this morning, even after a defeat, hasn’t changed, we are going up.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, desperado said:

My opinion from this morning, even after a defeat, hasn’t changed, we are going up.

It’s doubtful now; lose again Saturday and I think we will blow it. Win and it’s a chance

Link to post
Share on other sites

Still have every faith. Not even arsed we lost today. Had to lose somewhere and now is the right time to do it.

I think Maddison needs a couple of starts.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, gonzo said:

Still have every faith. Not even arsed we lost today. Had to lose somewhere and now is the right time to do it.

I think Maddison needs a couple of starts.

Agreed. 

Programme for the week... train, work hard, focus and win on Saturday

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Announcements


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.