Jump to content
Wanderers Ways - passion not fashion

Are we going up?


boltondiver
 Share

Recommended Posts

I wouldn’t fancy us in play offs :(

Especially if it involves them scruffy rat cunts from Birkenhead. 

I just can’t see anyone gathering enough form to stop us going up automatic, everyone is all over the place. 

Getting Sarcs back anytime soon would tip the balance for me. No coincidence him being missing has lead to a dip in form/creativity. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, gonzo said:

Getting Sarcs back anytime soon would tip the balance for me. No coincidence him being missing has lead to a dip in form/creativity. 

Me too, really showed we missed him recently.

I'm also concerned with out ability to break teams down at home who just come and sit deep and let us have the ball. Will be a good test against Harrogate as I'm sure they'll do similar to Colchester.

Sarc will definitely help with this.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, gonzo said:

I wouldn’t fancy us in play offs :(

Especially if it involves them scruffy rat cunts from Birkenhead. 

I just can’t see anyone gathering enough form to stop us going up automatic, everyone is all over the place. 

Getting Sarcs back anytime soon would tip the balance for me. No coincidence him being missing has lead to a dip in form/creativity. 

I agree, as long as we bounce back on Saturday, then our confidence will return. Our confidence and quality should be enough to see us over the line for promotion.

And while, undoubtedly I’d love to see Sarce back, I think we can also do it without him. I think if you gave Lee those 2 chances again, 99/100 he’s knocking those into the back of the net.

As at @Mounts Kipper mentioned yesterday, I heard everything I wanted to hear from our manager and coach/keeper.

The tone of IE and MG interviews after today’s defeat were very balanced, calm & rational, no panic, exactly what we need going into the final 7 games.

Its reactions like that, not hysterical over-reactions, that will compose these players, get them refocused and back on track to promotion. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Site Supporter

Sadly I think that its going to be the lottery of the play offs. The loss of Sarc has been a critical blow, lack of goals could be our downfall.

I fucking hated writing that.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Traf said:

We've lost 2 in 16, it's the proverbial dust down and go again moment.

Defeat might be that last kick up the arse they need. We are going up.

UTFW

Before the weekend we were one of 6 team chasing 3 spots. I think we are one of 4 teams chasing 1 spot. Cheltenham and Cambridge have consolidated their spots and we have fallen back into pack. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Mrs Dimron pointed out last night that none of the top nine teams have won their last match with the exception of Newport, after a scan of the tables there were a lot of draws throughout so in my opinion automatic promotion is definitely still on but we must beat Harrogate.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 03/04/2021 at 12:12, jmjhb said:

52.0% chance of Top 3

7.9% 1st

17% 2nd

27.1% 3rd

77 points - 37.1% chance of promotion

78 points - 56.1% 

36.3% chance of Top 3 (although still 3rd favourite to go up)

3.5% 1st

10.9% 2nd

21.8% 3rd

77 points gives a 54.5% of automatic promotion

This doesn't take the Morecambe match at the moment into account

Edited by jmjhb
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Dimron said:

Mrs Dimron pointed out last night that none of the top nine teams have won their last match with the exception of Newport, after a scan of the tables there were a lot of draws throughout so in my opinion automatic promotion is definitely still on but we must beat Harrogate.

On Monday do not think any team beat a team below them in the league at the start of play . 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Great result tonight, Tranmere, F.G. and Morecambe all away from home Saturday and trick fixtures, do our bit and put Harrogate to the sword and hope 1 or 2 of the others slip up. I’d prefer it to be Tranmere out if the 3 to slip up. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Great result tonight, Tranmere, F.G. and Morecambe all away from home Saturday and trick fixtures, do our bit and put Harrogate to the sword and hope 1 or 2 of the others slip up. I’d prefer it to be Tranmere out if the 3 to slip up. 


Tranmere will fall away now they’re without Vaughan and Spearing

Link to comment
Share on other sites

51 minutes ago, RatchetMan said:


Tranmere will fall away now they’re without Vaughan and Spearing

Also heard they’d lost the keeper injured. Still think they’re more a danger than FGR or Morecambe. 

Edited by Mounts Kipper
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Site Supporter

Aye, a lot of top foreign players in the Prem and even Championship will mean a lot of good British players will be in the lower leagues.

Wenger used to go on about this and he was correct.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Moderators

You watch worthys goal v ipswich

Ok, its fantastic and a couple of goals by ipswich are crackers on a shit pitch, but id say the football we play betters a lot of the boot it miles played that day

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Anyone can beat anyone in this league, it's very competitive and it's the one league you don't want to be bottom of, as losing League status could kill some clubs. So those at the bottom are scrapping for every point. Every game will be tough from now.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.