Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Scunthorpe.

leigh white

Top drawer performance from 1-11 plus subs from start to finish. Williams and Thomason half a bottle of champagne each, both tremendous.

Big plus is being able to make multiple subs and not see any drop off in how we play, Miller, Arthur, Sarce all got straight into flow of game and contributed 

More solid defending again, only couple of sniffs they had were from bits of errors from us, great foundations being laid for winning games and building runs. Enjoyable night.

Just now, Johnnyrotten said:

Can't disagree with that, its miles better.

Although those 3 wins were no more convincing than the original 3 v Southend, Stevenage and Scunthorpe when it was 5 at the back, Delaney/Tutte etc. 

I like Tutte and would happily have him in the Williams role if he got injured etc, but IE just doesn't seem to fancy him.

Not sure why

11 minutes ago, DazBob said:

Excellent performance on the whole tonight.

Glad Williams is making me eat my words.

Was also nice to see us be ahithiuses tonight. Doyle and Williams with snidey found, Thomason keeping hold of the ball, etc.

It's all starting to click.

Me too.  Very controlled generally, and his passing is crisper and more ambitious than he showed at first.  

Very solid and accomplished performance tonight. Momentum is building and that’s critical at this time of the season

we have looked so better balanced and solid since switching to a back 4. Credit to Evatt. Yeh he’s still learning but he’s not too stubborn to realise what needs changing 

Quite apparent the players he was given at the start weren’t good enough so he’s got rid where he can and brought in better options 

Williams won’t get any glamour awards but his involvement has been invaluable. 

we’ve been on a similar run already this season and the wheels came off. But I think we’re far better placed to avoid that again. Players look like the believe too 

along way to go but the shoots of recovery are poking through