Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Santos

Rudy

Love the clips. 

One word of caution to Santos. In the Oldham game when their player was rightly sent off Santos came 30 yards to get in the mix & physically shoved the guy in the chest. On another day he could have found himself walking for that.

Yesterday he again got in the mix when he didn't need to. A yellow on this occasion. 

If opponents realise he's quick to flair then they'll work on him. He just needs to mind himself. I'd not want to lose him for 3 games as things ramp up.

• Site Supporter
51 minutes ago, Dr. Feelgood said:

Love the clips. 

One word of caution to Santos. In the Oldham game when their player was rightly sent off Santos came 30 yards to get in the mix & physically shoved the guy in the chest. On another day he could have found himself walking for that.

Yesterday he again got in the mix when he didn't need to. A yellow on this occasion. 

If opponents realise he's quick to flair then they'll work on him. He just needs to mind himself. I'd not want to lose him for 3 games as things ramp up.

That was the incident where the ref looked to be just calming the situation until the Bradford prick continued the fight.

• Members
On 07/03/2021 at 09:20, Dr. Feelgood said:

Love the clips. 

Can’t take that out of his game, they’re very few and far between. 

When a defender picks a ball up and makes a striding run forward like Santos does and Baptiste has occasionally done , it scares the life out of players because they don’t know what to do, shall I stay shall I go, the amount of times this season I’ve seen it happen and their midfield stands still because they’re in two minds is wonderful 😂

• 2 weeks later...

Seems like he's really bought into the vision. Class. No reason why he can't be a solid League One defender or higher. Still only 25.

Think we will need a new GK and CB partner for him next year but an important part of the spine nailed down there.

• Moderators
56 minutes ago, jmjhb said:

I believe he struggled at Peterborough when he was in League One last but he would have been a young lad then, he seems to have sorted any previous issues out.

they retired it but dunno if it was to do with the fee

though it's a pointless gesture these days, who cares if a Birmingham player wears #22 ever again!?

9 minutes ago, Zico said:

they retired it but dunno if it was to do with the fee

though it's a pointless gesture these days, who cares if a Birmingham player wears #22 ever again!?

I think you might have quoted a post in a different topic 🙂

• Members
8 hours ago, jmjhb said:

I believe he struggled at Peterborough when he was in League One last but he would have been a young lad then, he seems to have sorted any previous issues out.

Very young as well, some players don’t fit certain systems and he could have been a victim of that. 
Santos is good on the ball, quick and is the man to go with a runner along with Baps who’s the organiser, the pairing works

• Site Supporter
30 minutes ago, Rudy said:

Very young as well, some players don’t fit certain systems and he could have been a victim of that. 
Santos is good on the ball, quick and is the man to go with a runner along with Baps who’s the organiser, the pairing works

He seems to have learned a lot this season already.

His positional instinct appears more naturally now. He used to get caught on the wrong side of the ball earlier in the season.

I love him. 😍

• Members
20 minutes ago, Steejay said:

He seems to have learned a lot this season already.

His positional instinct appears more naturally now. He used to get caught on the wrong side of the ball earlier in the season.

I love him. 😍

I think a lot of that is down to Gilks screaming at him and Baps alongside him

• Site Supporter
Just now, Rudy said:

I think a lot of that is down to Gilks screaming at him and Baps alongside him

Definitely, and Evatt on at him in training.

I just love watching him defending, seeing all these guys bouncing off him. Laugh out loud moments when they hit the deck.

• Members
7 minutes ago, Steejay said:

Definitely, and Evatt on at him in training.

I just love watching him defending, seeing all these guys bouncing off him. Laugh out loud moments when they hit the deck.

Could watch that all day, Long ball he’ll win against you , down the channels he’ll best you for pace and probably put you into touch as well