Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Cambridge (H)

Eddie

• Members

That equaliser will do them the world of good. If we switch off or get complacent we will be punished, we have to be mentally strong for 100 minutes.

Have to take our chances.

We've done good work so let’s not let it slip away now. 

Quietly confident for this one . If we can just exploit all the good build up play by putting some real quality into the box AND more importantly not wasting guilt edged chances , then I think someone could be due a tonking soon .

Edited by dusan nikolic

• Site Supporter
45 minutes ago, Good Knee said:

75 years to the dsyof the Burnden disaster. 

And 59 years since my birth. 53 since Youri Djorkaeff’s. There’s another poster on here who has a birthday on 9th March too..

19 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Will they park the bus? Possibly,  so it’s up to us to change our formation if they do. 2 up top for me. 3-1.

Reading some comments by Cambridge fans they’ve struggled against teams parking the bus so apparently playing a team like we play on a decent pitch is up their street

possible open game with goals 

Edited by radcliffewhite1

• Site Supporter
57 minutes ago, MickyD said:

And 59 years since my birth. 53 since Youri Djorkaeff’s. There’s another poster on here who has a birthday on 9th March too..

Happy birthday for Tuesday, 3 points be very nice.

6 hours ago, Biggish Dave said:

We’ll take yesterday’s frustration out on this lot. 6-1. Cantello from the half way line with one of them

I loved that game in 1980/81, I was stood near the front of the embankment, Kidd got a hat-trick at that end (well that's my recollection of it). 

Cambridge brought about 6, they were all stood around one crash barrier.

7 hours ago, dusan nikolic said:

Quietly confident for this one . If we can just exploit all the good build up play by putting some real quality into the box AND more importantly not wasting guilt edged chances , then I think someone could be due a tonking soon .

I have my doubts that we have this in us.  I could be wrong and it would be good to find out.  But once we are ahead (against 11 men) I've not seen evidence all season of a hunger to go and fire in shots and create chances, its more that we try to kill the opposition by taking control of possession and tiring the opposition out.  I'd be amazed if we win any game this season by more than 2, given how little we make the keeper work, but I'll take being 1 up in the 80th minute every game as I'd back us to win most.

52 minutes ago, Johnnyrotten said:

I have my doubts that we have this in us.  I could be wrong and it would be good to find out.  But once we are ahead (against 11 men) I've not seen evidence all season of a hunger to go and fire in shots and create chances, its more that we try to kill the opposition by taking control of possession and tiring the opposition out.  I'd be amazed if we win any game this season by more than 2, given how little we make the keeper work, but I'll take being 1 up in the 80th minute every game as I'd back us to win most.

To be fair , the rest of my post said we would give someone a tonking if our final delivery improved and we were less wasteful.