Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Cambridge (H)

Eddie

Not sure how they recruited in January but seem to remember being all over them with our weaker squad, was only with Crellin punching the ball into his own net that we didn't take all 3 points.

3-0 to us, piss easy game

• Site Supporter
7 hours ago, Lt. Aldo Raine said:

Hoolahan isn't travelling, according to their manager. That's good news for us, assuming it's not "mind games".

Probably still has a house up North, meet at the ground.

Reading their managers interview, that’s what we’ve had to put up with all season, everyone fired up for their cup final

• The topic was pinned
  • Moderators
10 hours ago, Lt. Aldo Raine said:

Hoolahan isn't travelling, according to their manager. That's good news for us, assuming it's not "mind games".

Had to double check as i thought wes hoolahan sounded like some signing for Cambridge, then saw he was 38 

30 minutes ago, Zico said:

Had to double check as i thought wes hoolahan sounded like some signing for Cambridge, then saw he was 38 

Used to be a decent Premier league player Hoolahan back in his Norwich City days, but i think it's probably the 23 goal Paul Mullin we should be more concerned about.

I'd like to see us start on the front foot and get an early goal, then go on to smash 'em 4-0.

Meanwhile back in the real world - A nervy 2-1

Edited by Burndens Bogs

7 minutes ago, Benny The Ball said:

We cannot afford to lose this tonight - still 10 clubs who theoretically can get more points than us this season 

Forest Green v Morecambe & Newport v Bradford means at least 2 of our rivals will drop points tonight 

Go 3-1 win 

I think you mean 10 clubs who feasibly can get more points.

Theoretically many more can. They just won't.

16 minutes ago, MalcolmW said:

I think you mean 10 clubs who feasibly can get more points.

Theoretically many more can. They just won't.

Correct 

If we win all our games we can get a maximum of 90 points , whereas for example  If they win all their games Cheltenham can get 101 Forest Green 99  Tranmere 96 etc 

10 clubs who feasibly can get more points than us. 

BUT With 35 fixtures to be played between those clubs ( 11 clubs including ourselves ) points will be dropped which is why its vital we win tonight as we can afford to drop far fewer points than our rivals 

I was looking at your forecast on the "Are we going up thread " earlier and cannot see Cheltenham dropping 20 points or FGR 19 over the remaining games - hope you are right but am thinking it might suit our cause better if those two clubs go on unbeaten / winning run leaving just the one place up for grabs and in doing so help our cause by taking points off our rivals for the 3rd spot 

That's the way I think we will achieve an automatic spot