Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Cambridge (H)

Eddie

1 minute ago, Farnywhite said:

Didn’t agree with the sub thought it was a bit to early to take sarc off . But the goal can only be the keepers fault then the game changes with 10 minutes to go . Maddison can’t get a break at the minute the shot that hits the post goes in he is the hero . Just hoping he can get one then it might all change for him at Bolton. 

It's all fine lines , if that curling shot is another foot to the right then we have a different discussion about him.

Overall great performance.

bit shaky first 10, then domination until 75.

was never comfy at 2, we really need to be taking some of those chances.

made hard work of last 15 and not sure all the subs helped (especially Madison as hardly puts his body on the line)

great win, 3 of top 5 also didn’t win, Need to make more ground up on Saturday 

• Site Supporter
3 minutes ago, Farnywhite said:

Didn’t agree with the sub thought it was a bit to early to take sarc off . But the goal can only be the keepers fault then the game changes with 10 minutes to go . Maddison can’t get a break at the minute the shot that hits the post goes in he is the hero . Just hoping he can get one then it might all change for him at Bolton. 

Great 20-20 hindsight you have there. 

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, marple whites said:

Dapo superb - in fact they all were apart from the 1 thing gilkes had to do

Must be difficult to keep your concentration level when for 92 of 95 minutes he could’ve sat with his back to the post and read a book.

• Site Supporter
7 minutes ago, marple whites said:

Dapo superb - in fact they all were apart from the 1 thing gilkes had to do

Dapo's control when surrounded by 2 or 3 players is incredible. The lad deserves a goal soon. Regardless of what division we're in, if we manage to keep him, MJ, and John next season, I'll be over the fucking moon.

Edit: Fuck me. I didn't realise we'd signed MJ permanent. I was convinced he was on loan. What a fucking signing he's turning out to be!!

Edited by Cheese

27 minutes ago, DazBob said:

The momentum had already changed before Gilks' balls up.

Of course, had he not let that in I'm sure we'd have won more comfortably, but there's no denying how much poorer we were after that sub.

Apart from one good cross, all Maddison did was make the wrong decision and surrender possession every time he got the ball.

and hit the post

We can argue about this and that but it was a great performance, good to watch, committed, and against a side who started really well and then got pretty much dominated for most of the game.

If we can continue to play like we have and build on it then we should all be able to have a smile on our face. Even hugh.

51 minutes ago, Eddie said:

This.

We were brilliant for so long, didn’t put a foot wrong and were within an inch on a couple of occasions of going 3-0 up which means those changes are ok.

Maddison is not the player for this team though, it’s high energy, high press, high desire (and not to mention being able to pass a ball to a white shirt). As soon as you have one gap in that team then it causes big problems in terms of shape and the covering that other players need to do. Add to that the things he’s meant to be good at, like free kicks and corners, he’s also shit at.

That's the main problem.  We didn't sign him to press and play the easy pass and to track back.  Unfortunately he's worse than having a man sent off ATM.  And really, why should he get preferential treatment to good reliable players like Tutte and Arthur.

2 minutes ago, Johnnyrotten said:

That's the main problem.  We didn't sign him to press and play the easy pass and to track back.  Unfortunately he's worse than having a man sent off ATM.  And really, why should he get preferential treatment to good reliable players like Tutte and Arthur.

Starting 11 were all brilliant and hopefully IE will keep the same side if they report fit. No midweek games for the rest of the month so they will get some rest between games. 

MM lost us 2 points against Morecombe and I thought he was going to do the same again but hey ho we managed to get the 3 points we deserved. Hopefully he wont be brought on again to fuck it up when we are coasting. 

Lets get our own back against Vale on Saturday and we nearly all other top teams playing each other we could be very near those automatics come Saturday night. Plus a win will put us SEVEN points ahead of Salford

• Site Supporter
13 minutes ago, Cheese said:

Dapo's control when surrounded by 2 or 3 players is incredible. The lad deserves a goal soon. Regardless of what division we're in, if we manage to keep him, MJ, and John next season, I'll be over the fucking moon.

Edit: Fuck me. I didn't realise we'd signed MJ permanent. I was convinced he was on loan. What a fucking signing he's turning out to be!!

Yep, them three have really stabilized us.

John, Williams will probably stay but I think Dapo will require a fee unless we can get him back on loan.

• Moderators
8 minutes ago, Johnnyrotten said:

Because the manager picks him, ffs

• Members
10 minutes ago, Johnnyrotten said:

You’re kidding right?

5 minutes ago, RUREADY2ROLL said:

Starting 11 were all brilliant and hopefully IE will keep the same side if they report fit. No midweek games for the rest of the month so they will get some rest between games. 

MM lost us 2 points against Morecombe and I thought he was going to do the same again but hey ho we managed to get the 3 points we deserved. Hopefully he wont be brought on again to fuck it up when we are coasting. 

Lets get our own back against Vale on Saturday and we nearly all other top teams playing each other we could be very near those automatics come Saturday night. Plus a win will put us SEVEN points ahead of Salford

fuck me, witch hunt going on for MM tonight, HE GOT SENT OFF WRONGLY AND THE RED CARD WAS RESCINDED, how is that costing us 2 points, that was the ref

Edited by TroySwoosh
bollox

5 minutes ago, Steejay said:

Yep, them three have really stabilized us.

John, Williams will probably stay but I think Dapo will require a fee unless we can get him back on loan.

Dapo is out of contract in the summer......Evatt already on record as wanting to keep him