Wanderers Ways - passion not fashion

1 hour ago, Whitesince63 said:

£23m is peanuts at PL level and any player can find it takes a while to settle. Bigger PL clubs have 4 or 5 quality strikers so one not hitting it off isn’t noticed but when you only have one it’s noticeable. The board should have backed him like we should have Big Sam but they haven’t and deserve what they get. 

How much did they spend on the keeper who got relegated with Bournemouth?

Especially when he used to play for them 

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It's more likely that Sheff U could be in for Evatt.     You cock.

No, some are giving him dogs abuse.....i think he is amusing I cannot take him serious, but give him full marks for effort

Couldn’t give a shiny about wilder or sheff u. COYWM 

• Site Supporter
12 minutes ago, DirtySanchez said:

How much did they spend on the keeper who got relegated with Bournemouth?

Especially when he used to play for them 

Think it was about £16m.

He's shite.

1 minute ago, Steejay said:

Think it was about £16m.

He's shite.

So nigh on £40m on two players doing nowt to help them stay up 

then there’s the wages 

it’s easy to say 23m is nothing, but cumulatively with a 16m keeper with form for relegation, plus wages it all adds up

• Members
On 12/03/2021 at 12:03, hughmungus said:

Now that the Evattino experiment is thankfully reaching its conclusion, its time we upped our game (lets be honest its not hard with Evatt) and bust a gut to get Wilder.

Hopefully we would get back to watching teams that want to win properly.

What a twat!

Very difficult to understand why a tight knitted team who came 9th in their first season back should so abject the next. Cut off & effective relegated by Christmas.

Normally even the poor teams have some sort of run.

Wilder was Sheffield United through and through, he'd developed a solid bunch.

That's about more than a couple of poor signings.

• Members

Lots of newly promoted (to the premier) have a great first season. Surviving the second; once all the others have stopped underestimating you is key.

7 minutes ago, MickyD said:

Lots of newly promoted (to the premier) have a great first season. Surviving the second; once all the others have stopped underestimating you is key.

Yeah, I get the difficult second season, but 14 points from 28 games is special. Still some way better than Derby's infamous 11 from 38 in 2007-08.

I think the fact that, despite what Wilder has achieved the man has felt resigning was his only option & they've done nothing to keep him says a lot.

31 minutes ago, Dr. Feelgood said:

Yeah, I get the difficult second season, but 14 points from 28 games is special. Still some way better than Derby's infamous 11 from 38 in 2007-08.

I think the fact that, despite what Wilder has achieved the man has felt resigning was his only option & they've done nothing to keep him says a lot.

£7m payoff I read. 

1 hour ago, jayjayoghani said:

£7m payoff I read. 

Blimey. So a guy resigns & gets £7m for the pleasure.

The same amount that would actually buy the Pie-Eaters. Three times what would have bailed out Bury 12 months ago.

Football is a crazy 'business'.

56 minutes ago, Dr. Feelgood said:

Blimey. So a guy resigns & gets £7m for the pleasure.

The same amount that would actually buy the Pie-Eaters. Three times what would have bailed out Bury 12 months ago.

Football is a crazy 'business'.

My point was he didn't resign.

• Site Supporter
2 hours ago, jayjayoghani said:

My point was he didn't resign.

I don't think any manager these days would be stupid enough to resign, especially when they recently signed a new PL grade contract

Second season syndrome is difficult when managers who've never had much money to spend are suddenly asked to go and buy PL players.

2 minutes ago, Traf said:

Second season syndrome is difficult when managers who've never had much money to spend are suddenly asked to go and buy PL players.

Agreed, different ball game, Brewster costing 23.5m though... extortionate seeing as he didn't play any games for Liverpool, 20 on loan at Swansea with 10 goals wasn't a bad return, that was in the Championship. 

On reflection Wilder must know he dropped a bollock, and the goalie looks Turd, he is the Premier Leagues Billy Crellin.

Saying all that though, they would have a better chance of going back up with Wilder at the helm, no guarantees like.

He is going to be a tough one to replace.

11 hours ago, Dr. Feelgood said:

Last season the6 won something like 14 games by a goal.

this season I think it’s about 12 lost by a single goal.

fine margins in the premiership and when things start going against you.......

Sheff United are having the season this year everyone expected last year. They are a team full of average Championship players. 

Sacking Wilder is stupid. 

49 minutes ago, Ani said:

Sheff United are having the season this year everyone expected last year. They are a team full of average Championship players. 

Sacking Wilder is stupid. 

Wilder spent £80 million on 4 players so they shouldn't be a team full  of average Championship players.That is the problem, his recruitment has been shit. Burnley don't spend so much on players, they have a better manager

• Site Supporter

of the starting XI yesterday, 3 of them started against us when they beat us 2-0 in our promotion season 4 years ago

6 when we played them 2 years ago

45 minutes ago, Zico said:

of the starting XI yesterday, 3 of them started against us when they beat us 2-0 in our promotion season 4 years ago

6 when we played them 2 years ago

How many from when we beat at their place in the promotion season?

Lad who they brought on the other day was on loan at Hyde 12 months ago.