Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Dario Gradi..

Traf

8 hours ago, Rudy said:

What fuckin parent is being told their kids are going to a pool party and the only adults allowed is a coach and still allow them to go!

no different to you and pep doing it with foden i suppose

• Site Supporter
10 minutes ago, freds dad said:

When I worked in Crewe in the late 90’s and early 2000’s there were rumours then that Gradi was a nonce but it seemed to be overlooked as he was Mr Crewe Alex and it couldn’t possibly be true.

Aye same here 

8 hours ago, Traf said:

Banned for life by the FA in 2016, but they only disclosed it yesterday. Why not announce it?

Gradi didn't think that putting your hands down someone's trousers is sexual assault.

They claim he's been banned since 2016, but he appears to have remained as Director of Football until 2019.

Something doesn't add up.

9 minutes ago, Lt. Aldo Raine said:

They claim he's been banned since 2016, but he appears to have remained as Director of Football until 2019.

Something doesn't add up.

He was suspended from football activity in December 2016 and never reinstated.

Not sure he was a nonce himself but he was complicit in all that happened.

I’ve prob mentioned before but at least 2 of my mates / former team mates were raped numerous times by Bennell. One of whom is one of the founders of The Offside Trust. To this day they are absolutely messed up about it and both have attempted to take their lives.

I have another mate who wasn’t let go to Crewe in the 80’s/90’s because “everyone knew what happened there” according to his Dad at the time. Good call.

It’s an emotive subject for me but Gradi is a shitbag IMO 

Edited by jules_darby

28 minutes ago, radcliffewhite1 said:

Sunchyme was a belting tune though 

just play dream academy for god's sake .

even that band name sounds kinda wrong now. 

Like isis being an egyptian god , but you just think of terrorists now. 

1 hour ago, jules_darby said:

I’ve prob mentioned before but at least 2 of my mates / former team mates were raped numerous times by Bennell. One of whom is one of the founders of The Offside Trust. To this day they are absolutely messed up about it and both have attempted to take their lives.

I have another mate who wasn’t let go to Crewe in the 80’s/90’s because “everyone knew what happened there” according to his Dad at the time. Good call.

I know somebody very well who was multiple raped by that twat Bennell, I also know his parents who just blame themselves. He really has done a lot of damage to people that don't deserve it. No laughing matter in my opinion.

2 hours ago, jules_darby said:

I have another mate who wasn’t let go to Crewe in the 80’s/90’s because “everyone knew what happened there” according to his Dad at the time.

This is what I 'knew' to be the case. I worked in Crewe a few days a month from the 90's and it was just "known".

So how come it wasn't dealt with ? No will & sheer denial/avoidance I suspect.

• Site Supporter
57 minutes ago, nantwichwhite said:

I know somebody very well who was multiple raped by that twat Bennell, I also know his parents who just blame themselves. He really has done a lot of damage to people that don't deserve it. No laughing matter in my opinion.

The incidents are absolutely not funny but the fact that so many people were involved and the dream of becoming a footballer so powerful is fucking laughable. The parents may well blame themselves but their sons’ hopes were also their hopes. 

• Site Supporter
2 hours ago, jules_darby said:

1 hour ago, nantwichwhite said:

Kinell, chaps, it’s horrific.

Many of us have had sons playing junior football and the last thing you imagine is kiddy fiddling from the coaches.

These fuckers betraying the trust that they’ve been given.

No laughing matter at all.

27 minutes ago, MickyD said:

The incidents are absolutely not funny but the fact that so many people were involved and the dream of becoming a footballer so powerful is fucking laughable. The parents may well blame themselves but their sons’ hopes were also their hopes. 

Bennell was very convincing some of the assaults happened in their own homes, he was in a position of trust and obviously exploited that position. This has happened in all walks of life and also in amateur football in Bolton, where very little was at stake . Google Coleman Bolton Paedophile if you don't believe me.

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, nantwichwhite said:

Bennell was very convincing some of the assaults happened in their own homes, he was in a position of trust and obviously exploited that position. This has happened in all walks of life and also in amateur football in Bolton, where very little was at stake . Google Coleman Bolton Paedophile if you don't believe me.

Yep, that guy had a reputation when I was growing up.

Also a guy at Breightmet Utd who was a groundsman and asked us if we wanted to help...😱

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Dr. Feelgood said:

So how come it wasn't dealt with ? No will & sheer denial/avoidance I suspect.

It's always the same with this sort of thing regardless of the background 

Coaches, churches, kebab shops, tv personalities 

Folk know, but don't want to know 

4 minutes ago, Zico said:

It's always the same with this sort of thing regardless of the background 

Coaches, churches, kebab shops, tv personalities 

Folk know, but don't want to know 

Spot on, I also worked at a place were a famous weather man was just asked to leave for his indiscretions, nothing else said. He just left and carried on elsewhere.