Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

FGR Away

RUREADY2ROLL

16 minutes ago, Max Cherry said:

No it was Jimmy Riddle surely now no argument about Doyle. Does anybody really care he only touched the ball 19 times today? Jimmy wasnt on his own btw.

Best retort was- Doyle is shit. All he does is score goals 

Fantastic result today what a run!

You seem to have an unhealthy interest in my view of Doyle? And your not quoting me there btw, I think he should have scored far more goals than he has.

But I stand by it, we don't create enough as a team, and he is fundamental to that. He can't head, and his hold up play is bang average. 

I have, however, never questioned his finishing, and indeed praised his great penalities and that excellent finish today.

But when we were shit he was a luxury as he didn't influence the wider game enough for me as top strikers should. Now we are more on blob with better players around then it doesn't matter as much that he does nowt for most of the game so long as he finishes like that, and fair play to him.

When we go up I doubt he will be out number 1 striker.

Anyway today is not the day for criticising players, although thought Williams had is worse game for us!, But won't be replying to your undoubtedly churlish reply. But this is just my opinion, you don't need to agree, chill out we won.

36 minutes ago, Didledee said:

How long do you think their striker who ruined his hand will be out for? that was quite grim, their sub had no chance vs Santos

It depends. If it's "just" 4 dislocated fingers maybe back next weekend.

If he dislocated his wrist too it may be a couple, with a light cast. Broken wrist, a month, plus light cast.

If he broke the arm with a compression fracture he's just finished his season.

12 minutes ago, Dr. Feelgood said:

It depends. If it's "just" 4 dislocated fingers maybe back next weekend.

If he dislocated his wrist too it may be a couple, with a light cast. Broken wrist, a month, plus light cast.

If he broke the arm with a compression fracture he's just finished his season.

I've popped the little finger out when playing rugby, bloody painful but you can keep playing after your mate has got it back in place. Used to be a common injury when in possession, probably still is.

That one looked like a full house though... argh

3 minutes ago, Dimron said:

I've popped the little finger out when playing rugby, bloody painful but you can keep playing after your mate has got it back in place. Used to be a common injury when in possession, probably still is.

That one looked like a full house though... argh

Apparently he's broken his fingers, wrist and forearm.

1 hour ago, CambridgeBWFC said:

Think it should be Maddison in behind Doyle, but too much of a risk. 

Otherwise delf in the centre and isgrove out on the right

Of those 3 options I'd have Arthur above instead, holds the ball up better and creates more and his strength would come in handy, whether on either wing or in behind Doyle.  Great cross from Fonz today though.

• Members
17 minutes ago, miamiwhite said:

Soft bastard. Mel Gibson pops his back in, has a beer, shags a bird then takes on all the bad guys.

Pretty sure Kevin Davies did that when they were dislocated 

1 hour ago, tkonion said:

Mr Riddle has already been on earlier denying it was him. I'm not sure but still think Hughmungous, I can't ever recall any positive comments at all from him.

Cant be arsed checking but it wasn't hugh mungus bellend because i dont argue with WUM's. It was same mindset that say we need a big lump up front and shout get it in the mixer and boo when we keep possession by passing backwards 

Oh and they dont like Evatt .Gone quiet recently.  fancy that lets hope we finish the job now