Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

FGR Away

RUREADY2ROLL

1 hour ago, JimmyRiddle said:

You seem to have an unhealthy interest in my view of Doyle? And your not quoting me there btw, I think he should have scored far more goals than he has.

But I stand by it, we don't create enough as a team, and he is fundamental to that. He can't head, and his hold up play is bang average. 

I have, however, never questioned his finishing, and indeed praised his great penalities and that excellent finish today.

But when we were shit he was a luxury as he didn't influence the wider game enough for me as top strikers should. Now we are more on blob with better players around then it doesn't matter as much that he does nowt for most of the game so long as he finishes like that, and fair play to him.

When we go up I doubt he will be out number 1 striker.

Anyway today is not the day for criticising players, although thought Williams had is worse game for us!, But won't be replying to your undoubtedly churlish reply. But this is just my opinion, you don't need to agree, chill out we won.

I am chilled thanks. you said Doyle should have beeb dropped. you have been proved totally wrong. also if you think Williams had his worse game i disagree again. he was often outnumbered but did a lot of good things

Strangely their manager thinks they should have won that.

He added:  “We had some good chances and should have won the game, but the big difference was  Eoin Doyle  –  that’s why he earns the money and gets the moves and that’s why he’s done what he has in his career – the only difference today was he had one sniff on goal and one chance and it’s a good finish, but bad defending from us. 

• Site Supporter
Just now, DomRepWanderer said:

Strangely their manager thinks they should have won that.

He added:  “We had some good chances and should have won the game, but the big difference was  Eoin Doyle  –  that’s why he earns the money and gets the moves and that’s why he’s done what he has in his career – the only difference today was he had one sniff on goal and one chance and it’s a good finish, but bad defending from us. 

He’s kidding himself. Saying the things his Chairman, Board of Directors and supporters would expect him to say.

Just now, MickyD said:

He’s kidding himself. Saying the things his Chairman, Board of Directors and supporters would expect him to say.

Bringing money into it as well is a sly dig at the rumour of us paying a decent wage. He can fuck off along with his wanker of an owner.

1 hour ago, Max Cherry said:

I am chilled thanks. you said Doyle should have beeb dropped. you have been proved totally wrong. also if you think Williams had his worse game i disagree again. he was often outnumbered but did a lot of good things

Williams did work hard but midfield looked vulnerable without Lee alongside him. George gave them two good chances early on from bad passes and against a better team we’d have conceded. I’d rather see Lee back alongside Williams from now on rather than the No10 role, we have several who can play further forward.

2 minutes ago, Whitesince63 said:

Williams did work hard but midfield looked vulnerable without Lee alongside him. George gave them two good chances early on from bad passes and against a better team we’d have conceded. I’d rather see Lee back alongside Williams from now on rather than the No10 role, we have several who can play further forward.

Agree completely 👌 

5 minutes ago, Whitesince63 said:

I get that but also totally get IE’s logic for today’s line up...I fact plenty of us were saying it would make us more balanced last week if he did what he did today 

If he uses it correctly I think our squad will be a huge advantage the next 2 months 🙌🏼

Fonz and Doyle did nothing all game but brought the one true quality move together which brought us the three points

Thats not the only time those two have done little and yet win us the game.

Frustrating at times but they both have that quality in them

• Members
6 minutes ago, RatchetMan said:

Anybody else worried about the level of performance in recent weeks. Let’s be honest, today we were poor in possession and going forward. I’d like to see us put games to bed 

Goals win games clean sheets win championships 

We very rarely look in danger and we always look like scoring 

6 minutes ago, Rudy said:

Goals win games clean sheets win championships 

We very rarely look in danger and we always look like scoring 

Totally agree that we didn’t look in any danger of conceding, defence was superb yet again. Would just love us to turn it on and thrash a team 

3 minutes ago, RatchetMan said:

Totally agree that we didn’t look in any danger of conceding, defence was superb yet again. Would just love us to turn it on and thrash a team 

I think we all would but when you talk about level of performance you mean we were not fluent going forward. The performance at the back was very good . 

• Site Supporter
3 hours ago, paulhanley said:

This is magical stuff now. Wins that like that in a promotion battle do not come easy.

We are relentless, resilient and durable. So many 1-0, 2-0, 2-1 wins. Its the sign of a team that works hard. And that away record is something else.

As a support base we deserve this last couple of months for what's gone before. 

Brilliant, Bolton Wanderers.

Great post 👏

3 hours ago, Cheese said:

Aye. Best illustration I can find of our meteoric rise is this:

nf5wQCs.jpg

Before people start analysing every minute aspect of how we perform from minute 1-90 that says enough about our recent dominance of this division

3 hours ago, Max Cherry said:

No it was Jimmy Riddle surely now no argument about Doyle. Does anybody really care he only touched the ball 19 times today? Jimmy wasnt on his own btw.

Best retort was- Doyle is shit. All he does is score goals 

Fantastic result today what a run!

Yes, Jimmy was the Doyle criticiser, surely he sees this is now a pointless criticism?

15 minutes ago, RatchetMan said:

Anybody else worried about the level of performance in recent 

No