Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Salford

Biggish Dave

58 minutes ago, Horwich said:

Looks like they are moving grounds to the AJ bell end of Mcr.

Won’t be doing them any favours, they’ll just end up with much the same issues as Salford RL in as far as playing in the arse end of nowhere that stinks like shit. Only with a much less dedicated fan base. 

Can't make sense of that, seems weird to watch the move be a disaster for salford rugby league then do exactly the same thing. When I left prestwich couple of years ago was starting see salford city shirts about and they were going into schools etc as local club.. be middle of nowhere now getting caught in united traffic if matchdays collide. Be a terrible away day at new ground

47 minutes ago, Leyther_Matt said:

Won’t be doing them any favours, they’ll just end up with much the same issues as Salford RL in as far as playing in the arse end of nowhere that stinks like shit. Only with a much less dedicated fan base. 

1 minute ago, Ghana White said:

Can't make sense of that, seems weird to watch the move be a disaster for salford rugby league then do exactly the same thing. When I left prestwich couple of years ago was starting see salford city shirts about and they were going into schools etc as local club.. be middle of nowhere now getting caught in united traffic if matchdays collide. Be a terrible away day at new ground

I said a while ago that this was on the cards and based on the experiences/thoughts of Matt & GW, I'm quite happy they're moving.

• Site Supporter
3 minutes ago, Ghana White said:

Just the general traffic around that stretch of the M60 would be enough to keep me away.

My lads currently playing for their under 9s they’re at the moment trying  to get academy status but  have no permanent training  facilities. Every site they have been looking at in Salford is owned by peel Holdings and they’re quoting a million pound an acre. I hope the get the AJ bell from a selfish point of view 

• Site Supporter
13 hours ago, royal white said:

My lads currently playing for their under 9s they’re at the moment trying  to get academy status but  have no permanent training  facilities. Every site they have been looking at in Salford is owned by peel Holdings and they’re quoting a million pound an acre. I hope the get the AJ bell from a selfish point of view 

Ground share at old Trafford...

19 hours ago, royal white said:

Every site they have been looking at in Salford is owned by peel Holdings and they’re quoting a million pound an acre.

I've had some dealings with Peel Holdings. Truly one of the most obnoxious, self-absorbed bunch of shysters it's ever been my horror to deal with. 

The Neville sisters would match well with them.

• Members
4 hours ago, royal white said:

Went to watch Salford last night, had the pleasure of standing amongst some 10 year old ultras🤦‍♂️ I thought our yoof were a special bunch, these were on another level 

I’m sorry

you did what?

• Members
10 minutes ago, royal white said:

My lad gets freebies so he has to show willing. He’s also been training with Rochdale Academy so it was his chance to see who he thinks are the best 😂. A 0-0 didn’t do to much to persuade him either way! 

I assume you wore your Wanderers shirt and was doing Wanderers chants the full 90