Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Newport (A)

Leyther_Matt

I fuckin hate the Welsh !

Im sure most of them are very nice people but the only ones Ive ever met have broke my heart broke my wallet or broke my face so fuck em all to die of syphillis in a damp squat in Ipswich .

6-0 and relegate the cunts

As with others I reckon it’s Isgrove for Arthur and otherwise same team. I was glad to see Arthur start yesterday and thought he deserved his chance, but he really didn’t take it.

Maddison definitely looked better, without ripping up trees - if we could get another decent 30 minute cameo from him then I’d be tempted to give him a start in the 10 role with Sarce being out and Fonz really not offering much recently (other than the FGR assist).

27 minutes ago, Rudy said:

Newport have to win this with Exeter breathing down their neck, which means they’ll have to come out and play which I thinks suits us and our style of play 

Yes you said that against FGR 

18 minutes ago, Eddie said:

As with others I reckon it’s Isgrove for Arthur and otherwise same team. I was glad to see Arthur start yesterday and thought he deserved his chance, but he really didn’t take it.

Maddison definitely looked better, without ripping up trees - if we could get another decent 30 minute cameo from him then I’d be tempted to give him a start in the 10 role with Sarce being out and Fonz really not offering much recently (other than the FGR assist).

I've been thinking (or hoping?) similar. We could really do with him coming good in the run in as we don't currently don't have a proper replacement for Sarce and I think it's showing.

Hopefully Evatt can sell that vision to him. It could do a lot for his flagging career if he comes into the team now and is the one to steer us over the line.

• Members
2 minutes ago, radcliffewhite1 said:

No I’m backing your point up😀

😁 FGR was a weird one, it was like they were in two minds to push forward or try and defend and they did neither but it caught us out at times 

Could do with Sarc back 

Just now, Rudy said:

😁 FGR was a weird one, it was like they were in two minds to push forward or try and defend and they did neither but it caught us out at times 

Could do with Sarc back 

Yes and likewise Newport will be similar they know a win it’s back on a defeat goodnight for autos

missing sarce big time I know that sounds mad considering the run we’re on 

• Members
3 minutes ago, radcliffewhite1 said:

Yes and likewise Newport will be similar they know a win it’s back on a defeat goodnight for autos

missing sarce big time I know that sounds mad considering the run we’re on 

I like Fonz but yesterday there was that little hole behind Doyle where Sarc would have done a better job linking up

Thought Maddison and Zebbidy had a good run when they came out, good to have those options on the bench and pushing competition for places 

41 minutes ago, Rudy said:

I like Fonz but yesterday there was that little hole behind Doyle where Sarc would have done a better job linking up

Thought Maddison and Zebbidy had a good run when they came out, good to have those options on the bench and pushing competition for places 

Agree about Mad and Elbow yesterday Rudy but Mad looked much more effective when he moved over to the left wing and started getting past the defenders and getting crosses in. Elbows pace also helped us look dangerous. I thought it was unfair on Arthur to play him wide right because he’s no winger and would I’m sure have looked better in a left sided number 10 role. Food for thought for IE on Monday anyway.

• Members
1 minute ago, Whitesince63 said:

Agree about Mad and Elbow yesterday Rudy but Mad looked much more effective when he moved over to the left wing and started getting past the defenders and getting crosses in. Elbows pace also helped us look dangerous. I thought it was unfair on Arthur to play him wide right because he’s no winger and would I’m sure have looked better in a left sided number 10 role. Food for thought for IE on Monday anyway.

He looked decent on the left, that left peg will be great on the wing, hopefully he got a taste for it yesterday 

Just now, Rudy said:

He looked decent on the left, that left peg will be great on the wing, hopefully he got a taste for it yesterday 

Yes and if started Mad could always switch during the game to confuse and unsettle defences. He could yet be our promotion clincher?

• The topic was pinned

Number 10 position is a problem we are missing Sarc , Arthur better as an impact sub so agree with most on here Isgrove back in.

Fonz does my head in he as the skill but not consistent enough for me whether IE would drop him and play somebody else at 10 for this game .

6 minutes ago, jmjhb said:

The thing about Fonz is that he'll do next to nothing all game then produce a really good bit of skill or a cross that ends up winning the game for us

Apart from FGR, can you tell me when was the last time he did that jmj? I personally don’t think one good moment in a match is a reason to start him every week as IE seems to do when frankly others could do the same thing more often given the chance.

1 minute ago, Whitesince63 said:

Apart from FGR, can you tell me when was the last time he did that jmj? I personally don’t think one good moment in a match is a reason to start him every week as IE seems to do when frankly others could do the same thing more often given the chance.

I am with you on this he just doesnt do enough and if Sarc was fit he would be on the bench .

1 hour ago, Whitesince63 said:

Delf is the most frustrating player we have, he very occasionally does something very good where he glided past a man or men and it looks effortless. The cross v FGR is a prime example. However is also guilty on a regular basis of seeming to be ponderous on the ball and gives it away. 
Watching in the telly impossible to see what he does off the ball. We simply do not have a like for like replacement for Saucey. 

20 minutes ago, Ani said:

Delf is the most frustrating player we have, he very occasionally does something very good where he glided past a man or men and it looks effortless. The cross v FGR is a prime example. However is also guilty on a regular basis of seeming to be ponderous on the ball and gives it away. 
Watching in the telly impossible to see what he does off the ball. We simply do not have a like for like replacement for Saucey. 

Him playing in the middle behind Doyle doesn’t work. He’s too slow on the turn. The amount of times he has it taken off him after controlling is ridiculous and he’s not good enough  to keep it in tight areas. 

his better position is on the right. 2 highlights of his season have been setting up Doyle at FGR and Kioso at Scunthorpe but for someone who has played at the levels he has there should be more examples of that 

Edited by barrycowdrill

• Members
3 hours ago, barrycowdrill said:

Him playing in the middle behind Doyle doesn’t work. He’s too slow on the turn. The amount of times he has it taken off him after controlling is ridiculous and he’s not good enough  to keep it in tight areas. 

his better position is on the right. 2 highlights of his season have been setting up Doyle at FGR and Kioso at Scunthorpe but for someone who has played at the levels he has there should be more examples of that 

Spot on that Bazza