Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Prince Philip.

leigh white

1 hour ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Weird isn't it. 

I certainly won't be losing any sleep tonight, nor will his passing weigh heavy on me, that doesn't mean you can't respect the fella, nor be grateful for his efforts.

Some strange bitterness and chip carrying apparently borne purely because of a poorly informed perception of someone else.

Parallels with captain Sir Tom. A few nasty comments about him and his family from some folk.

Didn't know either of them, but both appeared to be decent blokes, humble despite having stories to tell, and served their nation at its time of great need. 👍

Thats the left for you... completely lost the plot... can't help themselves. You either pay your respect or say nothing.

18 minutes ago, Not in Crawley said:

I'm paying respect to nothing that I'm told I should do.

And I will say something. Always.

Nobody's telling you what you should do. You chose to hijack a respectful post to someone that has served the country for many years and sadly passed away. 

14 minutes ago, Leyther_Matt said:

They’ll have had that pre-written for so long that there are probably articles written by journos who popped their clogs long before Phil did. 

Ha ha, my mam had the DM for her paper, never seen as much bilge written in a comic, just show's how folk get taken in.