Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Salford Away

RUREADY2ROLL

44 minutes ago, bolton_blondie said:

Sure 😏 do you still make the kids do cross country in -5° whilst wrapped up warm yelling at the fat kids having an asthma attack at the back? 

It's taken me 35 years to forget that, thanks for reminding this tubby asthmatic of the hell that was trying to run up that hill back to Withins.

1 minute ago, Burndens Bogs said:

Imagine having to run to Withins? If i was driving i'd do a 10 mile detour just  to avoid it.

That's where the iccy van selling frozen Mars Bars was. Plus where else would teach me how to do thieving car stereos, needed to learn a trade.

• Site Supporter
On 10/04/2021 at 19:35, Biggish Dave said:

We'll win here, I've got every confidence.

Then we'll lose at Grimsby because that's the Bolton Wanderers way.

Let's just get a win though 1st then I might change my mind about Saturday

Why oh why did I just know this

• 4 months later...

Want to exchange there 5k peninsular stadium for the 12k AJ Bell stadium.....Sale sharks would stay and share with Salford.

Quote on MEN Website by a Salford City fan i think its a good idea because if we go up this season we will get bigger crowds.

Not much makes me chuckle in football but.........

1 minute ago, Traf said:

Salford City & Sale Sharks to own 50% each of the AJ Bell with the real Red devils moving to Moor Lane as part of the deal.

That been confirmed? I was online watching a q and a with the board and council a good few weeks back and they seemed luke warm on the idea of moor lane. I grew up round the corner from it so would be happy as per above 

10 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

That been confirmed? I was online watching a q and a with the board and council a good few weeks back and they seemed luke warm on the idea of moor lane. I grew up round the corner from it so would be happy as per above 

That's the proposal.

Rent-free for the RL club, but you know once the deal is done, Peninsula and the cunts of 92 will decide to change their mind and sell Moor Lane.

7 minutes ago, Traf said:

That's the proposal.

Rent-free for the RL club, but you know once the deal is done, Peninsula and the cunts of 92 will decide to change their mind and sell Moor Lane.

Aye it will be weighted towards them I’m in no doubt. Hence why I think a council backed new ground of appropriate size would be much more sustainable for the club 

2 hours ago, Traf said:

Without a doubt. Lim is going to want some cash back somewhere along the line and he won’t give a fuck about screwing over Salford RL. Been interesting to note Salford City’s piss poor crowds this season though, even compared to pre-Covid. That said, Morecambe seem to have doubled their crowds since promotion. 

• Site Supporter
15 minutes ago, Leyther_Matt said:

Without a doubt. Lim is going to want some cash back somewhere along the line and he won’t give a fuck about screwing over Salford RL. Been interesting to note Salford City’s piss poor crowds this season though, even compared to pre-Covid. That said, Morecambe seem to have doubled their crowds since promotion. 

Probably more away fans. The higher you go, the more away fans usually attend.

Blackpool crowd is usually boosted by away fans thinking that it’s a good day out.

2 hours ago, Escobarp said:

Aye it will be weighted towards them I’m in no doubt. Hence why I think a council backed new ground of appropriate size would be much more sustainable for the club 

I wouldn't trust the Neville sisters with buying me a cuppa from a café. More one-eyed than a fckg cyclops & wouldn't give a monkey's shite for anyone else.

20 hours ago, Leyther_Matt said:

https://www.morecambefc.com/tickets/season-tickets/  at those prices, it would have been poor if they hadn't.  Cheapest in the EFL, I'm guessing a big proportion of their matchday income comes from away fans (similar to Salford no doubt).

On 15/09/2021 at 18:12, Escobarp said:

Mrs Manc’s cousin seems heavily involved in the fans forum. Is it right that the RL club haven’t paid all their rent for the last few years and that’s why they need to move out? Can’t see Salford City affording it if that’s the case