Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Morecambe Away

barryk32

1 minute ago, barrycowdrill said:

for people who expect us to just sweep past opposition because they had 10 men yes the 2nd half was poor. We managed the game really well. Teams are always going to get that 1 chance regardless. 

chances to wrap up the game? Yes. Wrong decisions? Yes. Reality check: we’re watching L2 players lads. If they made the right decisions all the time they wouldn’t be a) at our club and b) playing in this league 

we’ve beaten our nearest rivals away from home 3 games away from the end of the season. We win at home next week and we’re up. Taken that in January? Course you fucking would. Enjoy the result, enjoy the week and hopefully enjoy promotion next week 

Spot on 👍

11 minutes ago, Arrested development said:

Elbouzedi is wank. 

We should of wrapped that up.

Having said that we weren't under pressure second half barring the odd chance. 

COYFWM!!!!!!

Genuinely think the players seeing all those fans before the game on the coach made a big difference 

The sending off made the difference it changed the game totally 

Had the vaccine the other day (at the Madjeski in Reading of all places) ... felt like I've had jet-lag since. Last thing I needed was that fixture today as I've been a nervous wreck since 3pm. Elated now though.

Just one tortuous 1-0 win and we are out of League 2 at the first attempt. 

It occurred to me before the game that the game v us today was pretty new territory for Morecambe with their non-league background and I hoped they'd show poor temperament. Maybe that happened.

Let's enjoy this result and get ready for next week.

10 minutes ago, RONNIE PHILLIPS said:

Can't believe people are on here saying they were shitting bricks watching that & then you get called for that post 😂

There's a big difference in shitting it whilst the game is on and those choosing to concentrate on the negatives after we've won. Again. And almost secured promotion 🤣

13 minutes ago, RONNIE PHILLIPS said:

Out of our 4 wide midfielders ( including Fonz in there) the only one I'd keep for next season is Isgrove, the rest create nothing. 

I’d be keen to keep Dapo, personally.

Weirdly enjoyed the game. Baptiste looks a different player to the one first time around. Tremendous awareness to be in the right spot to clear that one off the line. 

Even by our standards, it would take a spectacular effort to fuck it up now. 

Just now, Walkden White said:

Some good performances but worthy of special mention - Baptiste, Isgrove and of course Jackson.

As a first game back after so long out that was some performance from Jackson.

Managers live and die by it he had the option of brockbank and Jackson and he got it spot on 

Just now, jules_darby said:

There's a big difference in shitting it whilst the game is on and those choosing to concentrate on the negatives after we've won. Again. And almost secured promotion 🤣

Spot on. You can be happy and acknowledge that we weren't good enough in front of goal (again) but calling it inept is just...

I'll leave it, no one's negativity is going to get to me today. 

Buzzing!

COYW 

EI EI EI O

OH WANKY WANKY

• Site Supporter
Just now, jules_darby said:

It's his view on the game & he's entitled to it ( tbf he's not wrong 😊). I'm sure deep down he is as happy as everyone else on here. 

1 minute ago, RONNIE PHILLIPS said:

It's his view on the game & he's entitled to it ( tbf he's not wrong 😊). I'm sure deep down he is as happy as everyone else on here. 

He is entitled to it. Like you are on your view of Dapo.

And I'm entitled to say I disagree

Anyway we're on the cusp of promotion lads, it's fucking mint. Let's enjoy the fucker

19 minutes ago, Whitesince63 said:

Sorry but even though we won, that was inept and we ended up very nearly giving it away. Sarce came on and had four or five clear opportunities to shoot, yet never even considered it, just wanted to pass. It’s no wonder we don’t score goals, this must be the most inept forward line that’s ever worn our shirt, yes, I know it’s another moan even though it’s a step closer to the automatics but that really was painful and it shouldn’t have been. We could easily have conceded late on and that’s why we need to kill games off when we’re on top. Sadly though, we don’t have the players to do it so it looks like sweating up to the end.

Do you know what inept means ? It means 'generally incompetent'. Which we were not. 
We were made bad decisions in final third.
It was a game we should have finished but we were not inept. Last three away games we have beaten the two teams with best home record in the division. Last week at Grimsby might have been inept. 

Fantastic how the manager and players have performed this season. With The Whites it’s never easy but they, along with the owners, have got us all back on board after a grim few years. Thought Baptiste was superb today. The sun’s shining, it’s in our hands and we’re in good hands. Enjoy tonight ladies and gents!

Fucking great getting pissed in garden now lovely day the whites are going up!! have a great day all you lot in Morecambe and if you see those two twats who did commentary on Morecambe i follow feel free to introduce yourselves.  i an sure IE would like a word too!

We are going up say we are going up!!

12 minutes ago, jules_darby said:

That’s very true .
We’re nearly there any win will do and any performance as long as we get over the line . 

I will be at Crawley the week after if we win next week to celebrate 

Edited by Farnywhite

30 minutes ago, jules_darby said:

Christ we were all papping it a few mins ago but we're reet now

Someone hide his shoe laces FFS

Just stating the obvious that any half intelligent person would accept but I wouldn’t expect you and the other rosy tinted glasses brigade on here to agree. If you think for one minute that playing like that in L1 next year will keep us up, you’re much mistaken. I fully acknowledge the win and the 3 points but other than the defence that really was dreadful stuff.