Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Morecambe Away

barryk32

Glad that one is over and done, it really was a banana skin game.One more push at home makes 79 points and we're there.

Quit the negatives please, we are third and winning games. We can sort out any short comings over the summer, nowt we can do about them with just two games left, just need to keep playing our game and giving us all the willies.

1 minute ago, Whitesince63 said:

Just stating the obvious that any half intelligent person would accept but I wouldn’t expect you and the other rosy tinted glasses brigade on here to agree. If you think for one minute that playing like that in L1 next year will keep us up, you’re much mistaken. I fully acknowledge the win and the 3 points but other than the defence that really was dreadful stuff.

Here you go again. Anyone who has a different view has their intelligence questioned. 

Yes we did make it hard work and that chance at end i dont know how they didnt score but they didnt so there you go. The only time they threatened whole game was when we needlessly gave the ball to them. I honestly didnt think they were up too much even before the sending off.  

They obviously havent come up against a defence like ours last few weeks when they were banging them in for fun!

also got 63 and Hatchet Man on ignore but bet they aren't happy i feel sorry fir them im well on way to being leathered! COYW we are back!

2 minutes ago, Whitesince63 said:

Just stating the obvious that any half intelligent person would accept but I wouldn’t expect you and the other rosy tinted glasses brigade on here to agree. If you think for one minute that playing like that in L1 next year will keep us up, you’re much mistaken. I fully acknowledge the win and the 3 points but other than the defence that really was dreadful stuff.

You ain't half one miserable cunt, moan when we win, moan when we lose, where do you get your kicks? A&E?

Just now, barrycowdrill said:

Never mind other fixtures and possible results 

the players have a home game to seal automatic promotion which 5 months ago looked like a fantasy. No more motivation than that needed. Everyone else can fuck off. Especially those Birkenhead sewer rats 

Exactly

1 minute ago, barrycowdrill said:

Never mind other fixtures and possible results 

the players have a home game to seal automatic promotion which 5 months ago looked like a fantasy. No more motivation than that needed. Everyone else can fuck off. Especially those Birkenhead sewer rats 

Well said

15 minutes ago, Whitesince63 said:

Give it a fuckin rest and enjoy the moment

44 minutes ago, Mantra said:

Just be happy, we can all see that we didn't kill the game off and should have done, how about focus on the positives seeing as they greatly outweigh the negatives at this moment in time?

Whites on course for promotion, have a drink and chill out

I’m perfectly happy with the result Mantra but we should have won that today at a canter and almost ended up throwing it away. When we scored they looked defeated and we could easily have overrun them. A man sent off, a key player injured and a goal down. It doesn’t come much better than that and any half decent team would have seen that and gone for the throat, yet we sit back and slow the game down. What’s that all about?

I’m just asking why we constantly fail to shoot when in and around the box, why we can’t take a free kick, a corner or a throw in. These are basics, yet week after week we mess up. Is that really moaning? I can only say that if you don’t see and be concerned about these weaknesses, the joy we get from promotion (hopefully) will be short lived next year unless we make major changes to this squad.

I’m perfectly happy with the result Mantra but we should have won that today at a canter and almost ended up throwing it away. When we scored they looked defeated and we could easily have overrun them. A man sent off, a key player injured and a goal down. It doesn’t come much better than that and any half decent team would have seen that and gone for the throat, yet we sit back and slow the game down. What’s that all about?

I’m just asking why we constantly fail to shoot when in and around the box, why we can’t take a free kick, a corner or a throw in. These are basics, yet week after week we mess up. Is that really moaning? I can only say that if you don’t see and be concerned about these weaknesses, the joy we get from promotion (hopefully) will be short lived next year unless we make major changes to this squad.

Did we sit back or did we create numerous shooting opportunities as you said in your last post ? 

Fair play, I'm glad you're happy because it didn't sound like it!

Just don't see the reason to make a post focusing so much on negatives considering how far we've come but if that's how you want to express yourself then that's your choice.

FWIW I think there'll be plenty of changes to the squad next year. I'm sure we'll keep some but the embargo will be finally gone and we can have better strength in depth. For now I'll happily let the bad bits sail over my head and enjoy being in the autos with a 4 point cushion.

24 minutes ago, Whitesince63 said:

You're a fucking whopper......

Bet you're a right boring cunt in the real world if anything on here is to go by....

Too much to say, and most of it is bollocks.....

Pessimist since 63........

27 minutes ago, Whitesince63 said:

Ha ha ha ha, who ordered a balloon?

Why would you be worrying about staying in League 1 next season right now 🤡

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, Whitesince63 said:

Sorry but even though we won, that was inept and we ended up very nearly giving it away. Sarce came on and had four or five clear opportunities to shoot, yet never even considered it, just wanted to pass. It’s no wonder we don’t score goals, this must be the most inept forward line that’s ever worn our shirt, yes, I know it’s another moan even though it’s a step closer to the automatics but that really was painful and it shouldn’t have been. We could easily have conceded late on and that’s why we need to kill games off when we’re on top. Sadly though, we don’t have the players to do it so it looks like sweating up to the end.

Avoid rope, sharp objects and pipes from your exhaust into your car.

How the fuck anyone can be anything other than buzzing today is in need of real mental help

52 minutes ago, barrycowdrill said:

for people who expect us to just sweep past opposition because they had 10 men yes the 2nd half was poor. We managed the game really well. Teams are always going to get that 1 chance regardless. 

chances to wrap up the game? Yes. Wrong decisions? Yes. Reality check: we’re watching L2 players lads. If they made the right decisions all the time they wouldn’t be a) at our club and b) playing in this league 

we’ve beaten our nearest rivals away from home 3 games away from the end of the season. We win at home next week and we’re up. Taken that in January? Course you fucking would. Enjoy the result, enjoy the week and hopefully enjoy promotion next week 

Barry, even L2 players can take the opportunity to shoot, take a corner or free lick and find a team mate from a throw in. Today we had a young loan full back who had two opportunities to shoot, took them and scored with one on his wrong foot and forced a good save with the other. How many did Doyle, Isgrove, Delfouneso and the others try? None other than a ballooned shot from Delfouneso. That’s not good enough, it’s almost as though they’re frightened of shooting and pass instead. That’s garbage and not good enough. Yes we won and that’s great, but only because of yet another back foot performance from a game we should have won comfortably. It’s ok some on here saying I should F off pointing these out when we’ve won and if that’s their real opinion, they need to get real.