Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Morecambe Away

barryk32

• Moderators
3 hours ago, Arrested development said:

We should of wrapped that up.

Having said that we weren't under pressure second half barring the odd chance. 

Bar one or two games that pretty much sums up our run since Jan for me 

As opposed to pre Jan when we couldn't defend but could score and do comebacks 

I'm sure it can be a case of one or the other in, so get promoted, improve up top, and be reet

12 minutes ago, White on Tyne said:

I think you’re correct E2e4 I remember that game and the significant result as contributor to is staying up. 

i just remember it not being good on the nerves. 

being relieved as anything once it finished. 

if i could find allardyces interview about it , id post it up. 

was years later , iirc, mightve been in 442 magazine or some newspaper (he was in with 'the sun' at the time, but it mustve been the independent or telegraph or that type)

probably before he got the england job , but was out of work. 

probably in a magazine. but i read it on the internet. 

thatll do my head in now, but remember laughing that he hated it too. 

Edited by e2e4
typo

It was a Saturday teatime game for the telly. Against the odds, WHU had seen off Chelsea in the afternoon  and

the southern press were well pleased that their world cup winning darlings were staying up. Before our game

Sky showed a pub full of lubricated Superwhites giving it all. The reporter pointed out that Bolton were

still in defiant mood. We spent 90 mins plus biting our nails but the draw tipped the balance. End of highlighs on

MOTD showed Bolton fans still in good voice and cameras homing in on two young lads from Farnworth/ 

Kearsley folk holding up BWFC flag.

34 minutes ago, Farnywhite said:

I went to the one Portsmouth thinking about it . But there was a game at Southampton were we got a point may be the time after we were in Europe. Or to help to stay up it was a evening kick off on the telly 

We played at Southampton late kick off the year we stayed up ahead of West Ham, they played early and beat a good team Chelsea ? Maybe ? 

15 minutes ago, Woznotwas said:

It was a Saturday teatime game for the telly. Against the odds, WHU had seen off Chelsea in the afternoon  and

the southern press were well pleased that their world cup winning darlings were staying up. Before our game

Sky showed a pub full of lubricated Superwhites giving it all. The reporter pointed out that Bolton were

still in defiant mood. We spent 90 mins plus biting our nails but the draw tipped the balance. End of highlighs on

MOTD showed Bolton fans still in good voice and cameras homing in on two young lads from Farnworth/ 

Had not seen this when I posted. 

• Site Supporter
18 minutes ago, Eavesy said:

We never play well against 10 men, ever.

excluding when fernando hierro is playing centre mid.

other than that, it’s a disaster.

great result considering they got a player sent off

We did well against 10 men earlier in the season too. Can't remember who against, but we won.

31 minutes ago, Woznotwas said:

aye thats probably it  .

the tottenham at home okocha penalty 1-0 were also similar to today, nervous as owt. (that was also about 4 weeks before the end of the season). 

That one was on telly (on sky, not premplus PPV or whatever the southampton game wouldve been on) . 

i remember the showing of the penalty from the opposite goal in the morning (on the replay)  , and going "woah!" at how he struck it, either coz it nearly got saved , or he turned his foot and hit it with the side or cuboid or summat daft. 

"thank god that went in" , even though i saw it happen the day before. 

Edited by e2e4
link

• Site Supporter
49 minutes ago, Farnywhite said:

I went to the one Portsmouth thinking about it . But there was a game at Southampton were we got a point may be the time after we were in Europe. Or to help to stay up it was a evening kick off on the telly 

It was the week before Boro at home iirc... Getting a, point kept our fate in our own hands, luckily Southampton had one eye on the FA Cup final. 

Jack Dearden

@TheJackDearden

Antoni Sarcevic on Wanderers fans”That’s this club,that’s why you sign for this football club it’s simple as that. I said at the start and I’ll say it again, driving in on the coach we all had a little tingle down our spine and it spurred everyone on I know that for a fact”

8:47 pm · 24 Apr 2021·Twitter 

Sat outside Rudy’s in Manchester tonight having a celebratory pizza and a few glasses and the streets are heaving with people. All of a sudden I hear a few lads, clearly well oiled, chanting as they walk down the opposite side of the road, top of their voices to anyone that would listen...

“The whites are going up, the whites are going up...”

Proper made me smile, if that was anyone off here then well played 👏🏼.

13 minutes ago, Eddie said:

Sat outside Rudy’s in Manchester tonight having a celebratory pizza and a few glasses and the streets are heaving with people. All of a sudden I hear a few lads, clearly well oiled, chanting as they walk down the opposite side of the road, top of their voices to anyone that would listen...

“The whites are going up, the whites are going up...”

Proper made me smile, if that was anyone off here then well played 👏🏼.

Peter St or Ancoats?