Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Morecambe Away

barryk32

1 minute ago, waddy256 said:

Glad I wasnt the only one to see that ! Gerry Taggart would have sprinted the field to straighten that out !

Their commentators were going mad at that, saying it was no foul just blocked him off and he had conned the ref. There were actually two fouls in that incident,  and the block with the arm could have been quite nasty

56 minutes ago, jules_darby said:

It was frustrating but this is where you're wrong

It was

The league table tells you that

Where's your comments on the defending, or other positive aspects? 

Look at what run this squad has been on. 3 months ago our current position was unthinkable 

Jules, if you read my posts fully, I always related only to the attacking inadequacies, never the defence which has been exceptional. Had our forwards been anything like as good we’d have been up ages ago. It’s not being negative it’s being realistic, to see both the good and the not so good but it doesn’t mean I’m any less ecstatic about the win than you or anyone else. 🤪

52 minutes ago, jules_darby said:

Come on our superintelligent friend, are you going to answer Ani and my questions?

I'm on tenterhooks here

25 minutes ago, frank_spencer said:

Holding off on the victory drinks for once my lad has gone to bed, so making do with a celebratory tub of Easter Haribo instead until then.

Yawn.

1 hour ago, Ani said:

But the fact is you said we were inept, now you are qualifying it by saying 'around their goal' so as I said we were not inept, certain aspects of the game were not great but inept does not cover the performance. 
So onto your other untruth , did we sit back or did we create numerous shooting opportunities ? 
Remember you were the one questioning other people's intelligence. 

Ok, yawn.

6 minutes ago, Whitesince63 said:

Jules, if you read my posts fully, I always related only to the attacking inadequacies, never the defence which has been exceptional. Had our forwards been anything like as good we’d have been up ages ago. It’s not being negative it’s being realistic, to see both the good and the not so good but it doesn’t mean I’m any less ecstatic about the win than you or anyone else. 🤪

Do you get more points for scoring more goals?

The reason we are not up already is because of our start to the season. But we are one win away fom promotion now and that is it, we can win 1-0 or by 10, but the points are all that matter.

I think everyone sees some of the issues we have. But to come on straight after a monumental victory,  and start saying it isn't good enough is very boring. You might have some valid points but every post has some element of controversy looking to get a reaction.

This team is good enough to survive in league 1, but needs strengthening to make us competitive at the top. Let's not forget where we have come from though over this season, the project is not 12 months old yet.

Now just enjoy the win, and worry not about our fight for promotion out of league 1 next season, we can start that in June

11 minutes ago, Whitesince63 said:

Ok, yawn.

Ahhh I take that as you acknowledging you were contradicting yourself and have no response. 

How anyone who watched Bolton over last years can be anything over than delighted to a team heading for promotion with a manager playing football and owners who 'get it' is beyond me.