Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Morecambe Away

barryk32

3 hours ago, MickyD said:

To be fair, I’m not sure Ratchet Man actually resigned from this group rather than was pushed out. 

Regarding “a debate needs two sides” I’d say there is little debate when all parties want the same thing. 

Rejoice in the moment. Wait until the closed season to voice opinion on who YOU think should go and who should stay. It all gets fairly quiet on WW after the season ends so maybe your opinion may generate a lot of discussion. 

Both you and Ratchet, plus others like Hughmungus seem to be swimming against the tide of euphoria at every opportunity. Maybe we do need to take a look at our ability to constantly fizzle out most of our attacking play without much intervention from the opponents by our want to push it sideways to one more player but that discussion is perhaps not for the period immediately following our games where score lines state we got the ball in the goal more often than the opposition; even if it’s just one more time.

Take a step back from your insistence in stating how you can fix things when our run since February show little needs fixing for league 2 football. None of us think a team getting promotion from EFL 2 to 1 is good enough to be contenders at the end of next season but we see our role is to support whoever currently fills the shirt, not who should fuck off and be replaced by other, better players.

As I said, rejoice in the moment.

Fair play Mickey and believe me, I’m as euphoric as everyone else that we won yesterday and how miraculous our run has been since January but I think some posters take any kind of questioning comment as being negative, which couldn’t be further from the truth. Does anybody seriously think that having followed Wanderers for nearly 60 years through good and awful, season ticket, lifeline member etc and travelling to games from wherever I lived from London to Scotland, Yorkshire and Lincolnshire, that I’m going to be negative of the club I love? I say what I see, good or bad and if it pees some off on here from time to time, then tough is all I can say. Don’t worry, I’m feeling totally positive we’ll confirm our promotion next Saturday and will be shouting like the rest of us but I won’t be any less critical if the I think the team deserves it. 😉😊

• Moderators
3 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

Don't know if this has already been posted, but what a pair of fucking clowns these 2 are 🤡🤡

would love to have heard them when they went down to 10 men

and when we scored

15 minutes ago, Whitesince63 said:

Fair play Mickey and believe me, I’m as euphoric as everyone else that we won yesterday and how miraculous our run has been since January but I think some posters take any kind of questioning comment as being negative, which couldn’t be further from the truth. Does anybody seriously think that having followed Wanderers for nearly 60 years through good and awful, season ticket, lifeline member etc and travelling to games from wherever I lived from London to Scotland, Yorkshire and Lincolnshire, that I’m going to be negative of the club I love? I say what I see, good or bad and if it pees some off on here from time to time, then tough is all I can say. Don’t worry, I’m feeling totally positive we’ll confirm our promotion next Saturday and will be shouting like the rest of us but I won’t be any less critical if the I think the team deserves it. 😉😊

Well you need to re read your own posts. You described us as inept yesterday, when others questioned that you started questioning their intelligence.

You also said all we did was sit back and in the next breathe complained we missed 'numerous' shooting opportunities. When asked if this was a contradiction you maturely posted 'yawn'

In between games you are very positive about the team and talk about being good enough to beat every team in the league, a positive view that puts you above Ratchet IMO. 
You constantly take umbrage with others who express a more positive attitude dismissing them as 'rose tinted'. 
Saying the team can improve is an absolute no brainer we are heading potentially to equalising our lowest ever league position. But the balance has to be the recognition of where we were at the start of the year as team and where we have been as a club for years. Whilst your posts constantly and mostly exclusively talk about the negatives you can not complain if others have a different view. 

18 hours ago, Ani said:

We played at Southampton late kick off the year we stayed up ahead of West Ham, they played early and beat a good team Chelsea ? Maybe ? 

Went to that game. 0-0.

Saturday morning drove through the New Forest to Bealieu vintage car museum and onto Bucklers Hard shipyard.

Got back to Soton, ended up in a pub near the ground, home fans ground floor, away fans upstairs with two topless barmaids serving. The bogs were downstairs and shared by both sets of fans. A young Saints fan was goading all Bolton fans - "you're going down, ha ha" - and I thought that someone was going to shut him up. An hour later his nose was spread all over his face. Garbage match.

Went to Salisbury races on the train next day and got back to Salisbury town centre to find out United won the league courtesy of Leeds winning at Arsenal. United "fans" celebrating in the pubs.

Drove home Monday, Mayday, via Stonehenge. Cracking weekend.

Edited by Mannyroader

53 minutes ago, Ani said:

Well you need to re read your own posts. You described us as inept yesterday, when others questioned that you started questioning their intelligence.

You also said all we did was sit back and in the next breathe complained we missed 'numerous' shooting opportunities. When asked if this was a contradiction you maturely posted 'yawn'

In between games you are very positive about the team and talk about being good enough to beat every team in the league, a positive view that puts you above Ratchet IMO. 
You constantly take umbrage with others who express a more positive attitude dismissing them as 'rose tinted'. 
Saying the team can improve is an absolute no brainer we are heading potentially to equalising our lowest ever league position. But the balance has to be the recognition of where we were at the start of the year as team and where we have been as a club for years. Whilst your posts constantly and mostly exclusively talk about the negatives you can not complain if others have a different view. 

But I’m not complaining Ani. You and others are entirely entitled to your views, which I’ve never once questioned, other than to opine that not seeing and accepting the mistakes made does constitute to rose tinted glasses. That’s not an insult like F off you clown, or you’re a c—t. I’m just voicing an opinion which even Ian Evatt agrees with. What do you call it then when someone constantly and it is constantly, fails to do what they’re trained to do? When they do it time after time, I call that inept and so would my boss at work if I’d continually made the same mistake. How many times have we produced an excellent move and ruined it by either failing to pick out a teammate, hit the first man, or balloon it over the lot? We are bobbins at free kicks, corners and even throw ins, where we nearly always lose possession. Come on, be honest, it’s constantly we do it and that is what I’ve complained about.

Thats not being negative, or dismissing the fantastic run we’ve had, or labelling the whole team poor. It’s just pointing out some aspects of our game that professional footballers should be better at. Just saying, well these are L2 standard players isn’t an excuse when these are just basics even for kids teams. If it was just occasionally, I’d accept it but it’s every week. Yesterday, after we scored, Morecambe were gone, there for the taking, yet we completely let them off the hook and in the end, almost gave it away and it’s not just once. IE admitted his frustration about it in his post match interview so maybe some on here should be castigating him? This board is for opinions and if I just came on to slag the team, manager and club off all the time I’d expect complaints but it’s time some on here actually read posts properly before resorting to insults and swearing because all it shows is their complete immaturity and lack of vocabulary to post a reasoned reply. Maybe it’s just an age thing and the lack of respect generally some of these people show?

5 minutes ago, Whitesince63 said:

But I’m not complaining Ani. You and others are entirely entitled to your views, which I’ve never once questioned, other than to opine that not seeing and accepting the mistakes made does constitute to rose tinted glasses. That’s not an insult like F off you clown, or you’re a c—t. I’m just voicing an opinion which even Ian Evatt agrees with. What do you call it then when someone constantly and it is constantly, fails to do what they’re trained to do? When they do it time after time, I call that inept and so would my boss at work if I’d continually made the same mistake. How many times have we produced an excellent move and ruined it by either failing to pick out a teammate, hit the first man, or balloon it over the lot? We are bobbins at free kicks, corners and even throw ins, where we nearly always lose possession. Come on, be honest, it’s constantly we do it and that is what I’ve complained about.

Thats not being negative, or dismissing the fantastic run we’ve had, or labelling the whole team poor. It’s just pointing out some aspects of our game that professional footballers should be better at. Just saying, well these are L2 standard players isn’t an excuse when these are just basics even for kids teams. If it was just occasionally, I’d accept it but it’s every week. Yesterday, after we scored, Morecambe were gone, there for the taking, yet we completely let them off the hook and in the end, almost gave it away and it’s not just once. IE admitted his frustration about it in his post match interview so maybe some on here should be castigating him? This board is for opinions and if I just came on to slag the team, manager and club off all the time I’d expect complaints but it’s time some on here actually read posts properly before resorting to insults and swearing because all it shows is their complete immaturity and lack of vocabulary to post a reasoned reply. Maybe it’s just an age thing and the lack of respect generally some of these people 

Saying we were 'inept' yesterday is complaining. 
Saying we sat back second half and then saying we did not take numerous shooting chances is contradictory

You have sworn on posts yourself. You made a comment about people being 'half intelligent' because they did not agree with you. 
These L2 players you are once again criticising have been on the best run in our recent history. 
If you think your posts are aligned with IEs comments you are reading/listening to about 5% of total content. 

Your last sentence just makes you send like a patronising fool. 

1 minute ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Anyhow, what were these pubs like when we scored?

Any clips?

No clips

but great scenes plenty of singing 

14 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Locals ok, or did they vacate the premises? :)

Didn’t recall many in tbh and bar staff was great with us 

12 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

Seem to remember someone falling over. Although wasn’t when we scored it was just standing up 😆

Who was that? 

• Site Supporter
3 minutes ago, radcliffewhite1 said:

Who was that? 

3 minutes ago, radcliffewhite1 said:

Who was that? 

Wouldn’t be shocked if it was my lad. He was a proper mess.

52 minutes ago, Whitesince63 said:

Thats not being negative, or dismissing the fantastic run we’ve had, or labelling the whole team poor. It’s just pointing out some aspects of our game that professional footballers should be better at. Just saying, well these are L2 standard players isn’t an excuse when these are just basics even for kids teams. If it was just occasionally, I’d accept it but it’s every week. Yesterday, after we scored, Morecambe were gone, there for the taking, yet we completely let them off the hook and in the end, almost gave it away and it’s not just once. IE admitted his frustration about it in his post match interview so maybe some on here should be castigating him? This board is for opinions and if I just came on to slag the team, manager and club off all the time I’d expect complaints but it’s time some on here actually read posts properly before resorting to insults and swearing because all it shows is their complete immaturity and lack of vocabulary to post a reasoned reply. Maybe it’s just an age thing and the lack of respect generally some of these people show?

Did you used to work at Automotive  Products?

1 hour ago, Whitesince63 said:

Yawn

• Site Supporter
2 hours ago, Whitesince63 said:

Mate if I could guarantee you a one nill victory on Saturday or you take a chance , what would you take ? .One nill ell dome right to the champions league final.