Wanderers Ways - passion not fashion

• Replies 446
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Today's game was reminiscent of early season when Santons & Baptiste couldn't cope with two big physical strikers, but Gilks performed better than Crellin to keep the score down. We don't sco

1 defeat in 9 scrapping to stay in the football league can’t see it being easy would bite your hand off for another scrappy 1-0 .

for me kevin rose was worse than those a poor keeper when we were shite

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, radcliffewhite1 said:

Personally if we go up I’d say Doyle has done his job thanks but not L1

I have to agree with you. No problem with the lad & he has a great attitude but he isn't clinical enough & is woefully weak, defenders just seem to brush him off the ball with ease. 

No complaints, the early goal gave them a lift & Grimsby deserved to win.

We weren't bad going forward & created plenty good chances ( which we missed again, though their keeper did make some good saves ) but Gilkes saved us from a pasting. Santos & Baptiste never got to grips with their front 2.......let's hope they play as well against Morecambe.

MOTM....Gilkes

Never mind, we go again on Tuesday & it's still in our own hands.

• Site Supporter
31 minutes ago, radcliffewhite1 said:

Didn't he sign a deal with us until June 2023

37 minutes ago, radcliffewhite1 said:

Not one for hindsight myself but I did flag this when we signed him. 

for every goal there is 3/4 misses that should be scored. But as someone else pointed out it’s why he’s at this level. 

Evatt has 4 games to achieve the bare minimum of expectations, if he fails then he along with most of the squad he must go.

If, and it’s a massive if, he achieves what is expected, then its thanks and move on but his cv will be better than any other manager in this league.

2 hours ago, hughmungus said:

Evatt has 4 games to achieve the bare minimum of expectations, if he fails then he along with most of the squad he must go.

If, and it’s a massive if, he achieves what is expected, then its thanks and move on but his cv will be better than any other manager in this league.

You would sack a manager that's got you from 19th to promotion in 3 months? . Your consistent in your opinion  I'll grant you that , but people in the football world would think Bolton owners had taken leave of their senses. And rightly so.

Edited by dusan nikolic
11 minutes ago, hughmungus said:

It’s not a massive if you massive bulb

19 minutes ago, hughmungus said:

Bare minimum??  The progress Evatt and the team have made since February is remarkable, a play off place would be excellent, automatic a real bonus.  

51 minutes ago, burnden said:

He was seeing a different game from me, they had 28 shots, 13 on target, double what we had, yes we created and missed clear cut opportunities, but they missed more, it could have been 8-3 to them today, easily.

Get back to basics for Carlisle, and let's start putting some fucking free kicks and corners in the box, pointless sending Santos and Baptiste up.

Does anyone close to the club or any of the training staff know if we practice our corner & free kick routines, I've seen 12 year olds deliver better corners & free kicks.

For a professional football club our delivery from corners & free kicks is absolutely appalling & amateur. 

18 minutes ago, Black Sheep said:

Does anyone close to the club or any of the training staff know if we practice our corner & free kick routines, I've seen 12 year olds deliver better corners & free kicks.

For a professional football club our delivery from corners & free kicks is absolutely appalling & amateur. 

Correct. never any point getting excited if we get a corner! Just watched Oldhams last two goals, against Morecambe. Two decent crosses, two goals. Show the players Evatt!

31 minutes ago, Black Sheep said:

It’s a mess but when was the last time anyone actually whipped a ball in from a wide position probably John in the Mansfield game when he tried to cross it and it went straight in . 
I think it comes down to the ability of the players and unfortunately in this bunch there isn’t one who can deliver a ball from wide areas 

On the positive side, still in our hands with 4 to play.  You would have snapped their hands off back in January for that.

we had chances, they had chances, not sure how much Tuesday against the plastic mancs took out of us.

gilkes was superb today.

doyle disappointing, he could and should have had 30 this season, could have had 10 in the last 3!

defence for the first time in weeks, looked all over the place.

results went against us today, but we have had a good few weeks of them going for us.

onwards and upwards, good we have a game Tuesday and hopefully kick on

Thought Williams looked a bit battle weary today and him not being on it affected us a lot.

Better team won today but there's no need to be getting your gran to knit a noose, automatic promotion is still firmly in our hands and no-one elses.

29 minutes ago, Farnywhite said:

It’s a mess but when was the last time anyone actually whipped a ball in from a wide position probably John in the Mansfield game when he tried to cross it and it went straight in . 
I think it comes down to the ability of the players and unfortunately in this bunch there isn’t one who can deliver a ball from wide areas 

Our final ball and set piece delivery is crap.

how often do we not beat the first man ?

when we finally did get a decent ball in we scored.

with the height we have, we could and should have had a lot more goals 

2 hours ago, 1969 said:

Right we were shit

They deserved the 3 points 

We are still 3rd

It's still in our own hands

On to the next game and put it right

That’s the spirit 69, we can still do this and a win on Tuesday could turn everything again.