Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Player of the year

Ani

• Site Supporter

Santos with other notable later contributions. 

However under the circumstances of covid, being skint, poor start with few players etc, then an overall joint award to be shared by 3 people:

Santos for best player.

Evatt for gradually sorting out the playing and coaching side, and his own faith in what he was doing.

Sharon for being everything that anyone could want from an owner and giving us our club back.

• Site Supporter
50 minutes ago, RONNIE PHILLIPS said:

I'd like to make it a joint award to Santos & Baptiste, an absolute monstrous partnership at this level once we ditched Crellin. 

Without Delaney nearly getting his ear ripped off, that partnership might not have happened.

Amazing how things sometimes work out.

Got to be Rico followed closely by Baps and Gillo, because without their defensive solidity we wouldn’t be where we are. I’d like to add Doyle into the mix with his 17 goals and work rate but he’s just missed too many sitters to be above those mentioned, so good for him, close but no cigar!! 😔

Edited by Whitesince63

42 minutes ago, Dr. Feelgood said:

Been a regular until a month ago. In a, albeit struggling, Premiership team. So he must have something.

Pinched a living.  Got 42 international caps as well, unbelievable. Most boring footballer ever. 

Edited by Mounts Kipper

22 hours ago, Rudy said:

Can we not do a Wanderersways  POTY?

Get an award made up

Santos for me

Excellent idea - am sure with a bit of time someone could set up a just giving page buy a suitable award(s) and donate the leftovers to that BWFC remembrance group.

And organise a poll

And while we are at lets have two other categories 

(1) A lifetime achievement award  ( all decent awards ceremonies have one ) - to show these ex players we still remember them while they are still with us 

and 

(2) A current season award for contributions to BWFC off the pitch - by way of example I would nominate that Ifollow commentator Derek Clark - was not keen at first but he's grown on me and done a decent job in difficult circumstances 

45 minutes ago, Benny The Ball said:

Excellent idea - am sure with a bit of time someone could set up a just giving page buy a suitable award(s) and donate the leftovers to that BWFC remembrance group.

And organise a poll

(1) A lifetime achievement award  ( all decent awards ceremonies have one ) - to show these ex players we still remember them while they are still with us 

and 

(2) A current season award for contributions to BWFC off the pitch - by way of example I would nominate that Ifollow commentator Derek Clark - was not keen at first but he's grown on me and done a decent job in difficult circumstances 

Also a 'Hall Of Fame' section where we induct players that have made a considerable contribution to the football club.

• Members
54 minutes ago, Benny The Ball said:

And organise a poll

and 

Definitely let’s get it done 

I think Ream was a steady enough player, and given he was a regular for a side that won promotion to the PL last season, plus the fact we recouped over half of what we paid for him, wasn’t the worst signing. 

My issue with him (or Coyle for that matter), is we got £7m for Cahill that January and spent that on him and Sordell.

Had we kept Cahill until summer and lost him on a free instead, we’d have been more likely to stay up, and therefore no doubt saved a lot more money in the long run if so.