Jump to content
Wanderers Ways - passion not fashion

Player of the year


Recommended Posts

For the first time in ages someone could deserve this!

 

Short list must be Santos, Baptiste, Doyle and Gilks

January additions special award short list-  Lee Dapo John and MJ

Young player no list needed GT

Special award for being so much better than the last one who had the job -  Gilks, Sharon and maybe Evatt - but think Parky was at least dignified as the world went to shit.

 

I imagine Santos runs away with it, but Baptiste has been at least as good in recent weeks.

 

 

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Santos with other notable later contributions.  However under the circumstances of covid, being skint, poor start with few players etc, then an overall joint award to be shared by 3 people:

I wouldnt vote gilkes, however if we hadnt swapped him for william we wouldnt be going up... Id prefer a team/club award Players, owners and us (who bought season tickets and didnt bale out)

Santos by two country miles........he's that good, i think we've started taking him for granted. Doyle 2nd, his goals have been crucial but he also works his nads off for the team. ( & it's w

4 minutes ago, Ani said:

Special award for being so much better than the last one who had the job -  Gilks, Sharon and maybe Evatt - but think Parky was at least dignified as the world went to shit.

 

Hill was the last one with it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ZiggyStardust said:

Hill was the last one with it.

I have scrubbed him from my mind but that does put IE back in the running 😂🤣👍

Link to post
Share on other sites

Santos by two country miles........he's that good, i think we've started taking him for granted.

Doyle 2nd, his goals have been crucial but he also works his nads off for the team. ( & it's worth pointing out that the times he pops up out on the wing, he's dragging defenders out of position )

Gilks 3rd......not just for his goalkeeping but the positive effect his "organising" has had on the whole defence.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Site Supporter

Over the course of the season it has to be Santos. There have been some class contributions too, yes them already mentioned but John, Jones, Lee & Williams have all been outstanding over these last 15 or 16 games too

Link to post
Share on other sites

Goals win games; defences win leagues © @Rudy

For that reason, Santos, Gilks and Doyle in that order.

Special mention for Gilks though. I don’t think Santos or Baptiste would play the way they do without having confidence in the man behind them. Look at the games with Crellin in goal.  I think Gilks would win “most influential player of the season”.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Jol_BWFC said:

Goals win games; defences win leagues © @Rudy

For that reason, Santos, Gilks and Doyle in that order.

Special mention for Gilks though. I don’t think Santos or Baptiste would play the way they do without having confidence in the man behind them. Look at the games with Crellin in goal.  I think Gilks would win “most influential player of the season”.

It’s so true no team wins a league without being hard to beat 

Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, bolton va va said:

Santos by two country miles........he's that good, i think we've started taking him for granted.

Doyle 2nd, his goals have been crucial but he also works his nads off for the team. ( & it's worth pointing out that the times he pops up out on the wing, he's dragging defenders out of position )

Gilks 3rd......not just for his goalkeeping but the positive effect his "organising" has had on the whole defence.

Pretty much this.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Santos clear winner for me.

Had MJ been here since the start then he'd be running him very close.

 

It's just nice to have so many who are worthy to be nominated, rather than a player winning it because he was the least shit.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Santos has been in the best form most consistently over the course of the season. He was one of the only positives when we were struggling in the early season. For that reason he is the clear POTY.

2nd place Gilks for his influence. If it wasn't for how shite Crellin performed he might not have made the top 3 but the stark contrast highlights his influence.

3rd place Doyle, you can't get 17 goals+ and not make the top 3.

4th Baptiste, matched Santos in recent weeks in terms of his performances but was a bit of a liability at times this season and took him longer to find his way.

Then it's the January lads - MJ, Lee, Dapo all had big impacts. Isgrove has improved a lot. If they'd all been playing since the start of the season it may have been a different story.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Ani said:

For the first time in ages someone could deserve this!

 

Short list must be Santos, Baptiste, Doyle and Gilks

January additions special award short list-  Lee Dapo John and MJ

Young player no list needed GT

Special award for being so much better than the last one who had the job -  Gilks, Sharon and maybe Evatt - but think Parky was at least dignified as the world went to shit.

 

I imagine Santos runs away with it, but Baptiste has been at least as good in recent weeks.

 

 

 

 

 

Got me thinking who was the last Bolton player to really deserve the award, did David Wheater ever win one?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Announcements


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.