Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

European Super League

Spider

12 minutes ago, Rudy said:

Do they realise how much they’ve won since they took over? How much they’ve spent.

They're some of the most spoilt bastards in football they deserve nothing 

Don’t need to tell me. They’re gimps mate

• Site Supporter
57 minutes ago, tomski said:

And Salford. They are pathetic

Salford was a weird one.

Why didn't the Co92 just buy into fuckum?

Vanity project I reckon, but at least they are putting some money into lower leagues I suppose.

Could come tumbling down when they get together with other money men and try to oust the glazers.

44 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Salford was a weird one.

Why didn't the Co92 just buy into fuckum?

Vanity project I reckon, but at least they are putting some money into lower leagues I suppose.

Could come tumbling down when they get together with other money men and try to oust the glazers.

They couldn't even if they wanted to because of the nature of FCUM's ownership model. As it is, in some quarters they're surprisingly hostile to 'modern' United as it were, particularly those who were involved post-Glazer.

Salford can fuck right off though

• Site Supporter
46 minutes ago, Leyther_Matt said:

They couldn't even if they wanted to because of the nature of FCUM's ownership model. As it is, in some quarters they're surprisingly hostile to 'modern' United as it were, particularly those who were involved post-Glazer.

Salford can fuck right off though

Makes sense I suppose.

Fuckum for the purists.

Salford for the vain.

On 22/04/2021 at 11:58, Not in Crawley said:

Agreed, those Chelsea fans with their We Want Our Cold Night's In Stoke banners, are the same ones taunting fans with wads of cash when Abromovich took over. You can't have it both ways. 

kind of Off Topic , but harry enfield's  "Loadsamoney" came about coz they did that at some football match either he or Paul Whitehouse went to.. 

dunno what me point is, but they were bobbins in the 80s, and its probably more to do with miners strikes, yuppies , and all that  , than football per se. 

hmmm...

As predicted this isn't going to die easily.

The UEFA tossers have resurrected the abortion of an a plan for a huge & complex 'Champions League', more talk of a reduced Premiership due to too many games ... which may, or nay not, include inviting Glaswegians to wreck England each weekend.

The Real & Juventus guys insisting the idea isn't dead, just taking a breather. Adding that clubs are legally tied in & it'd cost each £130m to walk away.

We now find that the 12 (really 15 after all) are not going to get equal shares & Barca & Real pocketing £52m a year more. The Atletico's, Inters & Spurs' of that World due to get even less of a share.

The sooner some BIG clubs fold the fckg better.

22 minutes ago, CJG said:

Old firm in PL is bullshit. PL teams would only vote for that if the big guns quit. 

PL teams would be more likely to get relegated and miss out on Europe places.

Aatbf it's a side show in all this.

As is the push to reduce to an 18 team Premiership so the clubs in external competitions can have time off.

The main point being that in all the high fiving that the tiny fan beat the encroaching behemoth is biix. It'll come back, bigger & bolder.

4 hours ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Having the Glasgow two playing here, would damage their league, in just the same way as those 6 leaving ours would.

Only if it meant a reduction in European spots. Otherwise, in my experience, plenty would be glad to see the back of them. Even the accountants would agree if there’s a heightened chance of a few Euros in the bank. 

15 hours ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Having the Glasgow two playing here, would damage their league, in just the same way as those 6 leaving ours would.

Exactly. You can't moan about the ESL and then in the next breath want to destroy a countries league system by nicking their two biggest clubs and all the money that goes with that.

1 minute ago, Sweep said:

Anybody English who wants the two Glasgow clubs in the PL is a mentalist. It works being no benefit to the PL at all, it would purely be for the benefit of Celtic and Rangers.

David Moyes’s idea.

11 hours ago, Leyther_Matt said:

Only if it meant a reduction in European spots. Otherwise, in my experience, plenty would be glad to see the back of them. Even the accountants would agree if there’s a heightened chance of a few Euros in the bank. 

But the gates of these two are many multiples of the rest of the league.

In some cases 10 times that of follow SPL clubs.

I'm all for seeing Celtic & Rangers wither away & certainly not for having them in the English leagues. But the SPL depends on them. 

2 minutes ago, deane koontz said:

Celtic and Rangers can get to fuck

I'd kick the Welsh teams out of our leagues too. There's a Welsh Premier League which has some professional teams. it's about time they fucked off and made that great.

I played in the Welsh Premiership/Konica for 2 seasons when it first started. It's shite. It's also a fckg long way/time to get to some of the away matches. Mold to Haverfordwest for a Tuesday evening match in November is no joke. I packed it in for that reason, dropped down a division, got promoted & so jacked it in there too.

Laughable grounds mostly, but rules force tiny teams with miniscule 'crowds' to have a stand & a minimum requirement for seats and other facilities utterly out of proportion to the scale. So you have an open field, with a railing barrier to the pitch but a tin shed 'stand' with 50 or so seats. They have to have number of officials in attendance and medics, first aiders etc. attend ... for, usually 150 or so people & their dogs. I just looked & the average league gate for LAST season, before it was abandoned, was 325.

But European money is available for the couple of clubs who attain it. Stupid amounts, so they can get beaten by a team from Malta or North Macedonia in July. The current 'big' club in TNS, or The New Saints. They use that name because Oswestry Utd. would reveal that it's actually in England. 

Being interviewed by S4C's commentators who, despite speaking perfect English in day to day activities suddenly break out into spitty Cymraeg as they shove a microphone under your nose and you stand like a rabbit in headlights, is a weird experience too.

Wankers. The competion should be closed down.

Rant over.

• Site Supporter
12 hours ago, Leyther_Matt said:

It would just mean Aberdeen and a couple of others would fill the gap. They'd all miss the money from attendees. 

I think some would be happy to see them gone, as some of us would if the big six had fucked off, but there is still the financial risk that the money moves with them.

It's more of a moral argument though.