Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

European Super League

Spider

I like Gary Neville as a pundit. 

There I have said it. 

Anyone watching Arsenal v Fulham today would struggle to understand why they would an elite league. A small number of players and agents get rich from football. 

1 minute ago, Ani said:

I like Gary Neville as a pundit. 

There I have said it. 

Anyone watching Arsenal v Fulham today would struggle to understand why they would an elite league. A small number of players and agents get rich from football. 

Agree with you 

16 minutes ago, Rudy said:

The thing is it affects the entire pyramid. That money thats gets filtered down through the leagues will end up being less because these big drawer audience teams aren’t bringing in the ratings for the sponsorships.

It’s selfish 

what money getting filtered? Theyre not buying our players, theyre getting all the cream from abroad.  If everyone, FIFA, UEFA and the FA's aint happy about it, the TV companies may not be, it could nosedive before it starts, we could end up better off.

• Site Supporter
43 minutes ago, Rudy said:

Oh I completely see what you mean I just think there’s a level of arrogance for some of these teams to jump ship to a so called super league when they can’t even compete in this league 

Spurs in Super league action in glorious UHD & Dolby surround sound.... A club that's won next to fuck all since they invented colour TV 😂

1 minute ago, RONNIE PHILLIPS said:

Spurs in Super league action in glorious UHD & Dolby surround sound.... A club that's won next to fuck all since they invented colour TV 😂

Who cares 

sod em

its supposed to be English Premier League

How many English men in the so called top 6 

let them bugger off

And let’s get back to a proper league

not owned by foreigners, not played by foreigners 

I dream 🥴

5 minutes ago, Rudy said:

Well not really, the old money division one didn’t break away and start a new league and select certain clubs, Arsenal haven’t been in the CL for 5 years, never won the CL haven’t won the PL in nearly 20 years, but now think they can just go into an ‘elite’ league?

There isn’t a big 6 in the PL, that’s utter nonsense. 

For 'big 6' just read richest 6.

There's more money in the global fanbase than local fans.

If it does gain traction it wont be long before the french and german sides want in

3 minutes ago, frank_spencer said:

For 'big 6' just read richest 6.

There's more money in the global fanbase than local fans.

If it does gain traction it wont be long before the french and german sides want in

By definition the German sides won’t because of the nature of their ownership structure. 

I did think it odd that PSG didn’t want in though. Poor domestic TV deal and similar owners to Citeh. 

4 hours ago, Nottm_Wanderer said:

Hmmmm ...he works for sky ... Who don't appear to be involved in the venture. Maybe I am doing him a disservice ... No real football fan wants to see the essence of our football pyramid structure be broken by a exclusive members only club .

Good riddance to them all.

Actually, I have just seen his interview. He  was very passionate and upset . Didn't hold back in his disregard to the boardrooms of the elite 6.

• Members
45 minutes ago, SatanGreavsie said:

But what will the "big" clubs do with the extra money? Just bunk up the player wages yet again.

Pretty much

31 minutes ago, Breightmet Boy said:

what money getting filtered? Theyre not buying our players, theyre getting all the cream from abroad.  If everyone, FIFA, UEFA and the FA's aint happy about it, the TV companies may not be, it could nosedive before it starts, we could end up better off.

Tv rights money

Sponsorship money

Sponsors will go with them, PL will make less revenue, so will the championship etc 

It all has a knock on effect.

Clubs are struggling and these greedy fuckers are pulling the ladder up 

47 minutes ago, Rudy said:

Pretty much

Tv rights money

Sponsorship money

Sponsors will go with them, PL will make less revenue, so will the championship etc 

It all has a knock on effect.

Clubs are struggling and these greedy fuckers are pulling the ladder up 

thats if they buy into it, the outrage tells me sponsorship of a Super League may not be a great business idea

2 hours ago, Rudy said:

The thing is it affects the entire pyramid. That money thats gets filtered down through the leagues will end up being less because these big drawer audience teams aren’t bringing in the ratings for the sponsorships.

It’s selfish 

I disagree Rudy, the total amount of money may be less without these clubs but what there is will be shared more equally and clubs won’t need to pay the stupid and disgusting wages and transfer fees they’re forced to pay now. Let them go, I don’t blame them from a financial perspective and in fact without them, we can get back to how football used to be where anybody can get to the top. The PL ruined our game and getting rid of these parasites might just rejuvenate it again, so bring it on for me.

So it looks like this is just a midweek competition that’s being proposed. The clubs want to do this whilst continuing to take the money from the domestic leagues too. Well you can’t have your cake and eat it