Wanderers Ways - passion not fashion

European Super League

• Replies 638
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Salford Vain Hire - drive summat for a bit at a cost, and then drop it back and forget about it

I hate them with an absolute passion 

• Site Supporter

I’m just hoping it’s a massive scam by all these owners who’ve had enough of football and want to bale out, with this being a brilliant excuse

They’ll take their cash away and Liverpool will be scrapping with Chelsea for the Leyland DAF trophy inside 3 years.

Bring it on,

27 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Fan base. 

If they wanna go off fan base then, Leeds, Newcastle, Aston Villa, Rangers, Celtic, West Ham are all as well supported as spurs.

15 minutes ago, Horwich said:

I wonder if Sky will try to get the broadcast deal?

Rights are up for grabs in summer, think it will go to Amazon with BT still having the CL and Sky wanting the PL.

The statement is interesting, they want to compete in this but then their domestic league as well, parallel to the Champions league, so how does that work, top 4 who aren’t in the super league get champions league, so in theory. 7th - 10th could get CL football.

Joke. 

What happens if the other clubs in their domestic leagues just refuse to play them ?

And Spurs?

What a joke, why not Leicester ?

Anyway, onwards and upwards for the Whites. 

No way UEFA let’s any of the defectors continue to participate in CL or Europa league.  

Should just let Roma v Villarreal be the final for EL 

And give PSG the CL trophy 

2 minutes ago, Rudy said:

No way UEFA let’s any of the defectors continue to participate in CL or Europa league.  

Should just let Roma v Villarreal be the final for EL 

And give PSG the CL trophy 

And the Premier League to Leicester 

that’ll learn em

League Cup to?

1 hour ago, Horwich said:

My guess would be Amazon or Netflix. Netflix have built up a very large global customer base during Covid. I would imagine a deal has already been done, hence figures being bandied about.

Edited by Mannyroader
8 minutes ago, Whitestar said:

If they wanna go off fan base then, Leeds, Newcastle, Aston Villa, Rangers, Celtic, West Ham are all as well supported as spurs.

I take it you missed Everton out just to wind Pablo up?They are as well supported as Spurs IMHO. argument for adding Sunderland as well.

• Site Supporter

Be funny if they all get deducted 60 points each simply for forming the competition.

Im still absolutely gobsmacked that they’ve actually pressed the button.

30 minutes ago, Horwich said:

I reckon Sky will be left behind for this one. We are talking Amazon or Disney Plus - American money with eye on global market. Real money. What a shit show for the tourists. Utd v Barcelona in Seoul. International Champions League game you can imagine the hype

• Site Supporter
10 minutes ago, boltondiver said:

And the Premier League to Leicester 

that’ll learn em

League Cup to?

let Spurs have it

they won't be winning anything else anytime soon

• Site Supporter
3 minutes ago, boltondiver said:

Waiting for the iconic

“it’ll be good for the national team”

not if anyone who plays in the this super league gets banned from playing in FIFA tournaments whihc I think has been touted

still think with the timining it's some sort of bargaining chip to make sure they get the bulk of the revamped CL money, the format of which, funnily enough, is to be announced today

FIFA and UEFA have said players can’t play for their international teams, and they can’t play in their own domestic competitions.

This makes me think that it won’t happen and it’s just a power play for the new Champions league format proposals which just so happens is today. 

Even if it is a power play, the damage these clubs have done by even trying to defect is massive. 

also wouldnt surprise me if Rangers & Sellick jump ship. Now that would make it interesting. I think theyd jump at the chance they would be transformed with the money and they wouldnt care about being banished from Champions League would they? never qualify

Plus the Plastic Paddies in America and rest of the world would have a team to follow. Makes commercial sense.

1 hour ago, Zico said:

And how come Spurs are involved, and not Leicester?  

1 hour ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Fan base. 

and geography

1 minute ago, Ani said:

Spurs joining a European elite league is like Bananaman joining The Avengers. 

Stolen from Twitter. 

Another league they won't win.

They'd be better off buying a submarine and tackling one of the 20,000 leagues under the sea.

• Site Supporter
22 minutes ago, Rudy said:

FIFA and UEFA have said players can’t play for their international teams, and they can’t play in their own domestic competitions.

This makes me think that it won’t happen and it’s just a power play for the new Champions league format proposals which just so happens is today. 

Even if it is a power play, the damage these clubs have done by even trying to defect is massive. 

in what way?  

will all be forgotten about start of next season - fans have been moaning about the death of football etc for years

would've be interesting to see what a PL looked like without them, more so to see if Everton could finish higher than 8th

3 minutes ago, Zico said:

in what way?  

will all be forgotten about start of next season - fans have been moaning about the death of football etc for years

would've be interesting to see what a PL looked like without them, more so to see if Everton could finish higher than 8th

That’s Everton’s place

• Site Supporter

So when spurs are getting humped every week in this new comp, will they be chucked out or do the initiate a draft system that allows them to pick up the best players ahead of other teams to balance things up a bit.?

N

F

L