Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Exeter City - Home

Spider

• Site Supporter
3 hours ago, Spider said:

Pack some foldaway tables for the Tailgate Party lads.

foldaway chairs. Smoke bombs. Flares. Flags.

Lets fill the car park and make it a Tailgate to remember.

Theres a car boot sale there on Sunday if you like sifting through strangers’ bric-a-brac then claiming you’ve “got a bargain” because you paid £5 for a broken Breville.

Nice idea, but you're assuming the club car parks will be open.

Just park up on Asda, dive in for a disposable bbq, a meat pack and a raft of ale, then shank's to the ground.

Set fire to the grass there instead of the moors, then jib in over the corner gates at the final whistle, thrusting cold bottles into the victorious players' hands before they all pile out again after getting changed, to rapturous applause and then Auntie Sharon being carried like a deity on a lap around the stadium. 

• The topic was pinned
On 24/04/2021 at 20:50, jmjhb said:

How about a happy medium?

We play absolute shit, draw, but go up on account of the other teams not winning. 99% of us can celebrate our promotion but misery guts can complain about our performance

Is that similar to a Lucky Pierre?

Yet another scrappy 1-0 win Sarcy to come on as sub and score 85th minute winner

Edited by DavidLeesMullet

• Site Supporter

Nothing would say Bolton Wanderers more than not winning next weekend and taking it to Crawley for another 1-0 win.

I'd take that to be honest but i'd like it done and dusted next weekend. Let's hope for once, we make it easy for ourselves

13 minutes ago, Biggish Dave said:

Nothing would say Bolton Wanderers more than not winning next weekend and taking it to Crawley for another 1-0 win.

I'd take that to be honest but i'd like it done and dusted next weekend. Let's hope for once, we make it easy for ourselves

Yeh half anticipate us walking away from the ground gutted after another day of high expectation and it not happening 

Tomorrow night will have a massive influence on how Exeter arrive here. Them FGR and Newport play 3 of the Bottom 4. They could be out of it or right in the mix and they have the toughest of the 3 I reckon 

• Site Supporter
17 minutes ago, Biggish Dave said:

Noooooooooooo. Please, let’s just get this done. Your scenario is fine other than the bit about going to Crawley and getting the 3 points down there. 

Pop onto the Morecambe forums (which are tiny btw) and see ...

* Bolton are diving, cheating bastards.

* I'd rather lose than get fellow players dismissed by rolling about screaming.

* We (Morecambe) were the better team.

* Evatt is a black-arts tosser.

* We are in the play-offs (& will probably lose).

I know all fans are one-eyed at times, and short of memory but wow.

Anyway, THEY don't think they're getting past us now.

18 minutes ago, barrycowdrill said:

Yeh half anticipate us walking away from the ground gutted after another day of high expectation and it not happening 

Tomorrow night will have a massive influence on how Exeter arrive here. Them FGR and Newport play 3 of the Bottom 4. They could be out of it or right in the mix and they have the toughest of the 3 I reckon 

I think I'd rather they were still in the mix. I tend not to be a great believer in teams "being on the beach" already, if anything, once the pressure is off then they worry me a bit more. No matter what happens mid-week, I fully expect us to secure the required victory against Exeter on Saturday

If Doyle has his shooting tailgates on i cant see anything other than a home win to be honest, its a bit of a trek for them and they are going to be up for it, but they should be the more nervous side.

if everyone is going to the ground, i hope they take their shit home afterwards, lets keep our temple in order eh

I think they’ll be in the mix whatever happens Sweep. Even if FGR and Newport win and Exeter lose, it will only leave them 6 points behind with two games to go, so although automatic would be unlikely, it will still be mathematically possible. If they win on Tuesday, as they possibly will it therefore would make it more possible but still a tough ask. I think we should expect that they will come looking to win as even a draw isn’t really enough for them and that should be good for us. It should be a pretty open match and hopefully with Sarce back in from the start and Declan John probably fit again, we should have our strongest side out. If we can just take the chances we’re sure to create, we should be far too good for Exeter so all being well we’ll be celebrating on Saturday night with a free pass at the title the following week if other results go our way.

Edited by Whitesince63

5 minutes ago, Whitesince63 said:

I think they’ll be in the mix whatever happens Sweep. Even if FGR and Newport win and Exeter lose, it will only leave them 6 points behind with two games to go, so although automatic would be unlikely, it will still be mathematically possible. If they win on Tuesday, as they possibly will it therefore would make it more possible but still a tough ask. I think we should expect that they will come looking to win as even a draw isn’t really enough for them and that should be good for us. It should be a pretty open match and hopefully with Sarce back in from the start and Declan John probably fit again, we should have our strongest side out. If we can just take the chances we’re sure to create, we should be far too good for Exeter so all being well we’ll be celebrating on Saturday night with a free pass at the title the following week if other results go our way.

What you up to you being all positive?  I dont like it, im watching, your up to summat..

14 minutes ago, Whitesince63 said:

Don't think Sarce will start, or if he does only till 50/60 minutes, see him coming on later. Also not sure I would take Jackson out given his performance on Saturday.  

We will do the job Saturday. We are where we are because we deserve to be and for once we will finish the job at the first opportunity and allow us to relax on final day. The fact we have a second chance on the final day will give them a bit of respite from The pressure which will translate into a performance. 

plus Exeter can’t turn up and just sit in as they need wins. 

evatt will pick the best team as he sees it to get the job done. It’s why he’s the manager and none of us are. 

• Site Supporter
43 minutes ago, Breightmet Boy said:

What you up to you being all positive?  I dont like it, im watching, your up to summat..

I thought exactly the same. I've been so close to telling him to do one so many times.

Why would you want to go and sit on the car park with zero chance of seeing anything when you can stay at home and watch on Ifollow is beyond me.

And why are we celebrating something that should be happening anyway despite Evatts attempts over last 6 months to balls it up.

Get out of this dogshit division and then get proper players and manager and we can call ourselves a proper club again.

• Members
10 minutes ago, hughmungus said:

Why would you want to go and sit on the car park with zero chance of seeing anything when you can stay at home and watch on Ifollow is beyond me.

And why are we celebrating something that should be happening anyway despite Evatts attempts over last 6 months to balls it up.

Get out of this dogshit division and then get proper players and manager and we can call ourselves a proper club again.

You don’t deserve to support my club you’re a poor excuse of a Wanderer

12 minutes ago, hughmungus said:

You're trying too hard now mate

2 hours ago, Dr. Feelgood said:

Anyway, THEY don't think they're getting past us now.

Missing out now would be devastating.  Missing out to Morecambe would be bad but there is a worse scenario that just doesn't bare thinking about. 

1 minute ago, Traf said:

1.94pts per game over the last six months. That's an 89/90 pts season. More than good enough.

hughmungus reckons that we should be getting well over 130pts across the full season, anything less is a disgrace

43 minutes ago, hughmungus said:

Hughmungus attention seeking thruster