Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Exeter City - Home

Spider

1 hour ago, Leyther_Matt said:

That said, I hope those that do turn up will be having a whip round for the inevitable policing cost that will be saddled against the club. 

Whilst I sort of agree with that sentiment, there is possibly a suggestion that BWFC have done OK out of the pandemic from a financial perspective.

• Members
4 minutes ago, Traf said:

Whilst I sort of agree with that sentiment, there is possibly a suggestion that BWFC have done OK out of the pandemic from a financial perspective.

I reckon you’re right, high ifollow numbers, ST payments, lower match day overheads, no GMP payments, stadium staff costs down

• Site Supporter

Why should the club pay for any policing on Saturday?

They have explicitly told supporters to stay away. There is literally nothing more than can do.

If Bolton fans decided to celebrate on the Town Hall square, would the club have to cover police costs then?

It's going to happen, I'm sure the bogeys are itching to clobber some football fans anyway after a year off, so it's a good opportunity for everyone to feel properly normal again.

Tailgate Tailgate Tailgate oi oi oi

Let's win the fecking match first.

Fingers crossed we do and folk can then do what they want.   So long as it doesn't put anyone else in danger, I couldn't blame the youth for celebrating.  All they've known is misery for the last 10 years bar 1.

3 hours ago, barrycowdrill said:

5 relegations and 4 promotions I’ve seen so far. I’m due one to level the score and ain’t missing it 

Got me thinking did this. I think i've seen 7 promotions & 8 relegations ( but i might have missed one of each out) this  doesn't make me a better fan or anything, it just makes me an older tvvat than you 😂

Edited by Burndens Bogs

1 minute ago, Burndens Bogs said:

Got me thinking did this. I think i've seen 7 promotions & 8 relegations ( but i might have missed one of each out) doesn't mean i'm a better fan or anything, it just makes me an older tvvat than you 😂

Yes that’s all it means 🤣

I’m catching though. Preston the first one. Was alive for Wrexham but too young to know 

Edited by barrycowdrill

5 minutes ago, Burndens Bogs said:

Got me thinking did this. I think i've seen 7 promotions & 8 relegations ( but i might have missed one of each out) doesn't mean i'm a better fan or anything, it just makes me an older tvvat than you 😂

Must be similar to me Bogs, pain and delight in almost equal measures!! As for taking my kids on Saturday, apart from them being too old for that, it should be more like them taking me. 😉 My lad somehow became a Spurs fan and the only good thing about it is that nearly every time we’ve watched them, we’ve won. My daughters not into footy but my 4 year old granddaughter already has Wanderers kit and will certainly carry on the tradition with me when she’s a little older. Hopefully we’ll be on the up for her from here? 🥳

1 hour ago, Traf said:

1 hour ago, Rudy said:

I reckon you’re right, high ifollow numbers, ST payments, lower match day overheads, no GMP payments, stadium staff costs down

For the last 12+ Months, i just can't see how we've had more money coming in than money going out. Playing & non playing staffs wages will piss all over any bits from ifollow and ST sales imo, plus the club funded 8,000 folk to effectively watch ifollow for nowt for 23 games.

Edited by Burndens Bogs

1 hour ago, Whitesince63 said:

Must be similar to me Bogs, pain and delight in almost equal measures!! As for taking my kids on Saturday, apart from them being too old for that, it should be more like them taking me. 😉 My lad somehow became a Spurs fan and the only good thing about it is that nearly every time we’ve watched them, we’ve won. My daughters not into footy but my 4 year old granddaughter already has Wanderers kit and will certainly carry on the tradition with me when she’s a little older. Hopefully we’ll be on the up for her from here? 🥳

Maybe you telling him how shit we were every week did not help 😘👍😎

To be clear I am only joking !!! 

4 hours ago, jules_darby said:

So is Pep well paid to win the Prem; reckon Citeh fans shouldn't celebrate that?

And well paid or not, we are supporters of the club....why should we not get giddy about promotion - whether we "should be getting promoted" or not, it leaves the club we love in a much better position. You;re not just cheering on IE, it's the players, Aunti Shaz, the kit-man etc

And celebrate especially as we've had the last decade we have. Even more especially cos we had such a shit start and it was so improbable 10-12 weeks ago

You either just don't get it, or more likely, you're just trying to reinforce your anti-IE position because you're so entrenched in it. 

So you come on FFS you absolute mood hoover...

For the last 10 years or so we have had people very well paid to do certain things. The fact we have now seemingly found one that can do the job they are paid for is reason to celebrate. 

Hugh took a view on Evatt is not going to let results, performances and potential promotion affect his long hel view. 

13 minutes ago, MickyD said:

You’ve met then? 🤣

Always thought he had a few years on me but we’re similar age

either he’s looking ropey or it’s me looking youthful😀

Can you imagine how shit it would be for the players having just won promotion to walk out of the stadium and be greeted by absolutely fucking nobody - get in the car and go home after the biggest achievement of your career playing for the biggest club of your career!

They want people there, to be honest I suspect the club secretly want people there, but obviously they can’t say it. As long as it’s a good mood and people don’t act the cock then I can’t see the problem.