Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Exeter City - Home

Spider

• Site Supporter
4 minutes ago, woolli said:

Bolton are everyones cup final in this league! They have beat us once already this season, and will be well up for this game. Doing the double over us will be seen as a massive achievement for Crawley.

Do YOU not agree that if we play to our best we can beat Crawley next week?

2 minutes ago, desperado said:

Yes but when is the last time we played to our best Cambridge ?, what if Crawley are up for it is it a defeat if its their cup final. Why can't our players raise their game to get us over the line and play like its our cup final ?

Why didn't our players play like today was their cup final ?, people seem to accept that others may raise their game in an important game, but why can't our players raise their game ?

15 minutes ago, RONNIE PHILLIPS said:

Is there something you want to share with the class? 😁

BWFC supporters need a big tube of lube with them at all times because they just know they're going to be on the receiving end when they thought they'd be giving it out

13 minutes ago, desperado said:

YES i do, same as if we had played our best against Bradford, Newport, Colchester and Grimsby! But it didnt fuckin happen!

17 minutes ago, woolli said:

Bolton are everyones cup final in this league! They have beat us once already this season, and will be well up for this game. Doing the double over us will be seen as a massive achievement for Crawley.

Another way of looking at it would be Crawley would have a better chance of going up next season themselves with the big dog of the division out of the way . 

grasping at straws 😀

3 minutes ago, Farnywhite said:

Another way of looking at it would be Crawley would have a better chance of going up next season themselves with the big dog of the division out of the way . 

grasping at straws 😀

Proper grasping mate!

• Moderators

Today was disappointing as I'd already spent most of my potential winnings for getting promoted 

If we don't go up next week someone is going to have to tell my mrs our post lockdown meal at Hawksmoor is off, and it won't be me

• Site Supporter
Just now, Black Sheep said:

Yes but when is the last time we played to our best Cambridge ?, what if Crawley are up for it is it a defeat if its their cup final. Why can't our players raise their game to get us over the line and play like its our cup final ?

Why didn't our players play like today was their cup final ?, people seem to accept that others may raise their game in an important game, but why can't our players raise their game ?

Gees. Where to begin with that....

I’d say playing close to our best is winning like we’ve done regularly this year. Admittedly going that extra yard to finish teams off has frustratingly not happened enough. 

But we can’t moan about this when we we were 20th 3 months ago.

1 minute ago, woolli said:

YES i do, same as if we had played our best against Bradford, Newport, Colchester and Grimsby! But it didnt fuckin happen!

Nobody is saying today is acceptable, or we should be happy with the result/performance.

But when you look at the bigger picture those 4 results you pick out are the ones were it didn’t happen. You could just as easily pick out the 15 winning games in the same period that if repeated would have us promoted next week.

Based on those stats I’d say we’re in the best position to get that 3rd spot. Do you not agree? 

2 hours ago, dusan nikolic said:

On a side note and certainly grasping at straws , but how did the referee not see the foul on Isgrove as a professional foul and a straight red for their player . At the time we were 1 up and in the ascendancy.  Big decision gone against us there.

Potentially a game changing decision that and a clear red for me. This referee is an utter prick, he reffed the debacle at Accrington last season. Disappointing as we were in the second half also think the free kick for their winning goal was also very soft. We’ve bounced back from other setbacks recently so we hopefully we do so again next week. 

8 minutes ago, desperado said:

Gees. Where to begin with that....

I’d say playing close to our best is winning like we’ve done regularly this year. Admittedly going that extra yard to finish teams off has frustratingly not happened enough. 

But we can’t moan about this when we we were 20th 3 months ago.

Nobody is saying today is acceptable, or we should be happy with the result/performance.

But when you look at the bigger picture those 4 results you pick out are the ones were it didn’t happen. You could just as easily pick out the 15 winning games in the same period that if repeated would have us promoted next week.

Based on those stats I’d say we’re in the best position to get that 3rd spot. Do you not agree? 

No. You asked me a question basically saying, if we play to our potential we should win, and i agree, but there lies the problem, we dont. We have now lost 3 in our last 7. That is not promotion form! Do YOU agree?

6 minutes ago, bulldog said:

Potentially a game changing decision that and a clear red for me. This referee is an utter prick, he reffed the debacle at Accrington last season. Disappointing as we were in the second half also think the free kick for their winning goal was also very soft. We’ve bounced back from other setbacks recently so we hopefully we do so again next week. 

Very strange decision , for me Isgrove was clear on goal . 

2 minutes ago, woolli said:

No. You asked me a question basically saying, if we play to our potential we should win, and i agree, but there lies the problem, we dont. We have now lost 3 in our last 7. That is not promotion form! Do YOU agree?

Form doesn't enter into it anymore

One match left, could be down to one dodgy linesman.

No use arguing lads, what done is done and we just have to put our best team out there next week and go for it

1 minute ago, Dimron said:

Form doesn't enter into it anymore

One match left, could be down to one dodgy linesman.

No use arguing lads, what done is done and we just have to put our best team out there next week and go for it

Yep, agreed. We go again next week!

Very disappointing today but let's not forget that only a couple of months ago going into the last game of the season in 3rd position with automatic promotion in our own hands would have seemed like an impossible dream. 

If it was down to me I'd bring Jackson back in place of John next week, I wouldn't actually have left him out today after his performance left week. I also think that Lee is playing to far forward and leaving the defence vulnerable. Other than that same team same formation.

• Site Supporter
37 minutes ago, woolli said:

No I don’t!  It seems you want to find as many ways for us not to win next week and I’m the opposite.

We are 1 point ahead in third. Its in our hands. Whatever form table you look at  (6 games/10 games) we are in better form than Crawley, I think your argument is seriously flawed. We should, and I believe will, win even if it’s our signature 1-0 win. The form is in our favour. 

You always seem to think the worst.

I’m going to pass it off as BWFC undoubtedly making it harder than it should, us not finishing teams off when we should, us having to live another week of nerves and tension and being let down in the past. So I get where you’re coming from. 

It’s the BWFC way, have some belief that we can reproduce one of the 15 wins that have got us into this position, not one of the odd games where it hasn’t paid off for us.

Edited by desperado

• Site Supporter
32 minutes ago, bulldog said:

That makes it even worse. The red at Accy last season was questionable; the red this afternoon wasn’t.

Talking of red cards, I see Tranmere played against ten men again today. (They lost so no biggie) but how many times have they had the opposition reduced to 10?

1 hour ago, woolli said:

If they win they end up mid table, if they lose they end up mid table. If we win it’s promotion , the achievement of  the P word should be enough to get us over the line

Just now, onefinfrandsen said:

If they win they end up mid table, if they lose they end up mid table. If we win it’s promotion , the achievement of  the P word should be enough to get us over the line

Lets hope so, although the P word didnt work today!

if we was offered a win last match of the season at christmas for automatic promotion...........100% would have taken it

could be another Wrexham for our kids................Blackburn with Worthington.............or Forest...............Enjoy it