Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Exeter City - Home

Spider

• Site Supporter

WS63, what you fail to acknowledge is the level of football we’re currently playing and the skill sets of the players we have. We have centre forwards who isn’t a sprinter. Nor is he adept at holding up the ball until other attacking players can show for an out ball. If he was, he’d be playing for Man City, United, etc.

We have players in all positions who are playing for us because they just aren’t good enough to be playing too far further up the football pyramid.

Every single point you make assumes our players are a much higher level than they actually are and also higher than opposition players. We’ve discussed all season how no team is head and shoulders better than the others. Why, then, did Bolton have a right to beat any other?

Drop your expectation to a level we’re currently at, not a level which includes our former superstar personnel.

1 hour ago, Traf said:

I can and do speak perfectly civilly with those that deserve it. You're just a prick.

PS It's profanities. Do learn to spell, old man.

Just testing, you do have a modicum of intelligence then so why don’t you use it more often instead of throwing out insults? Look Traf, we’re all Wanderers fans on here, we all want the team to do well but we can also all see that some things are wrong and it’s not negative to point them out. We need a complete performance next week and I’m sure we’ll get it if the players go out on that field meaning to do it. I’m sure they will 😉

55 minutes ago, Ani said:

But you are not objective. You have one point that trot out every time. 
When you make that point you also surround it with unneeded words such as 'inept'

Claiming to be 'more realistic' and 'more passionate' which prompt the responses you get. As you deserve for claiming to be some type of superfan/expert . 

Everyone else sees the limitations of the team, everyone else would like us to 3-0 up but you constantly stating we should score more simply avoids the fact that to score more we could either convert a higher % of chances or create more chances. You bizarrely after Morecambe claimed on one hand we sat back and on the other rejected numerous shooting opportunities. 

You seem to struggle to understand the point people on here are making which is although we would like to score more whilst we are in a great run changing the way we play to do that also brings a risk at the other end of the pitch and on balance we accept the low goal count based on the high point count. If you could explain how we create more without increasing risk on conceding then get a job at any club in the world they would to know how that works. 

If you constantly drop arrogant condescending language into your posts do not be surprised when people react accordingly . Someone asked you the other day were you an accountant because your language skills are frankly awful. Again you are complaining Traf swore at you yet you have done the same previously. 

Ani, yet again you’re spouting a complete load of nonsense. None of the things you’ve just accused me of have I done. Why don’t you read my posts properly? I swore in one post in response to some absolutely disgraceful comments from posters like you actually. I don’t normally respond like that, haven’t since and won’t again but If you don’t like the points that I or Ratchet Man or anybody else makes, why don’t you just respond with why, there’s no need to resort to insults and swear words. That’s just childish and unnecessary and I’m sure you’re above that. As far as Traf’s latest response, it was childish, inaccurate and unnecessary and instead of swearing back and being as childish to him, I’ll phrase it differently. We’re all grown ups here and if people want to use that kind of language, that’s up to them. I post about the football I’ve seen, I don’t namecall or insult people and I don’t profess to being an expert or super fan. I’m just a fan who has a view on things and expresses it, which I thought was what this medium was about?

Edited by Whitesince63

24 minutes ago, Whitesince63 said:

Ani, yet again you’re spouting a complete load of nonsense. None of the things you’ve just accused me of have I done. Why don’t you read my posts properly? I swore in one post in response to some absolutely disgraceful comments from posters like you actually. I don’t normally respond like that, haven’t since and won’t again but If you don’t like the points that I or Ratchet Man or anybody else makes, why don’t you just respond with why, there’s no need to resort to insults and swear words. That’s just childish and unnecessary and I’m sure you’re above that. As far as Traf’s latest response, it was childish, inaccurate and unnecessary and instead of swearing back and being as childish to him, I’ll phrase it differently. We’re all grown ups here and if people want to use that kind of language, that’s up to them. I post about the football I’ve seen, I don’t namecall or insult people and I don’t profess to being an expert or super fan. I’m just a fan who has a view on things and expresses it, which I thought was what this medium was about?

Everything I have said is true and direct quotes from you. 

you called the team inept, after we won at Morecambe, you later talked in down to the forwards 

you said after Morecambe we just sat back and we turned down numerous shooting chances. 

You said you were more passionate than me, because I had a different view than you.  You said more realistic today. 

The fact is I do read your posts and point out the contradictions in your argument and you do not like them. Instead of debating the points I raised you just say talking 'nonsense'. 

Once again ir is everybody else not understanding or reading your posts properly. I know when people who do not understand or agree with you you have questioned their intelligence. But surely you must accept if you are making reasoned and balanced points and so many are getting annoyed with you and resorting to swear that if the message is reasonable surely you have to think the messenger and how they communicate is part of the problem ? 
Today the complaint is people can not have a balanced discussion but you are the trotting out the same point totally mis understanding the alternative view. 
If you can quote my disgraceful comments back at me please do, but remember you have justified your swearing on frustration with others. 

Edited by Ani

• The topic was unpinned
1 hour ago, Ani said:

But you are not objective. You have one point that trot out every time. 
When you make that point you also surround it with unneeded words such as 'inept'

Claiming to be 'more realistic' and 'more passionate' which prompt the responses you get. As you deserve for claiming to be some type of superfan/expert . 

Everyone else sees the limitations of the team, everyone else would like us to 3-0 up but you constantly stating we should score more simply avoids the fact that to score more we could either convert a higher % of chances or create more chances. You bizarrely after Morecambe claimed on one hand we sat back and on the other rejected numerous shooting opportunities. 

You seem to struggle to understand the point people on here are making which is although we would like to score more whilst we are in a great run changing the way we play to do that also brings a risk at the other end of the pitch and on balance we accept the low goal count based on the high point count. If you could explain how we create more without increasing risk on conceding then get a job at any club in the world they would to know how that works. 

If you constantly drop arrogant condescending language into your posts do not be surprised when people react accordingly . Someone asked you the other day were you an accountant because your language skills are frankly awful. Again you are complaining Traf swore at you yet you have done the same previously. 

Ani, I’ve never claimed to be more realistic or more passionate than anybody else and you know I haven’t. I called our forward line inept after the Morecambe game because it looked like ineptitude to me that supposedly senior professional footballers couldn’t do what are the most basic of actions asked of them. If you feel that’s too strong a description that’s your opinion, please tell me what you call it when players can’t take properly, a corner, a free kick, or even cross to a teammate rather than hit the first man? They do this constantly so how do you describe it? 

I’ll explain your point about how we score more without increasing the risk of conceding. It’s called shooting. It has absolutely nothing to do with being hung ho, or increasing any risk. The number of opportunities in and around the box that we’ve had in games that have been squandered because we took one more pass or turned back I’ve lost count of. It’s almost as if they’ve been threatened that if they shoot and miss they’ll be sanctioned. If you shoot more, surely you have more chance of scoring. I’m not talking about 40 yard no hopers, I’m talking about clear cut chances and half chances. The fact is we never work the opposition keeper, we don’t have to risk anything by shooting, so why aren’t we?

If I sound condescending in some posts it’s only in response to others to me. Most sensible posters who don’t gravitate to insults don’t get adverse remarks, so maybe you should take a harder look at the posts I’m responding to before you accuse me of that. There does seem to be a small collection of long time posters on here who resent anybody new coming on and upsetting the clique. Between you, you had Ratchet dismissed, goodness knows why, yet you let abusers who can’t be civil stay. If you don’t like or agree with what I post, I fully respect that but just put a counter argument instead of making it personal all the time.

3 hours ago, Whitesince63 said:

Steady JR or you’ll be called negative for pointing out what the more realistic amongst us have seen for weeks. 

This you saying you are more realistic. I could go through and get quotes on all the others but you are not worth the effort 

It is a strange thing to join an internet discussion forum and try to take some moral high ground but constantly lie. 

You keep telling yourself that you are making sensible rationale points in a constructive way and everyone is misunderstanding. 

Good bye

Edited by Ani

Isnt it time to draw a line with all this shit! We are all Bolton fans, and want whats best for us as a club, and fans. People have differences, that is what football is all about! Personal insults shouldnt be part of a football forum, so, come on lads, lets all leave it, and concentrate on the game ahead!

3 hours ago, Traf said:

Why don't you just fuck off, eh?

You're a boring cunt churning out the same old shit about us not liking negativity etc. People can post constructive criticism all day long without any problems on, it was just your and Ratshit Man's constant negativity that pissed people off.

I've got the cunt on ignore. Fuck him mate

1 hour ago, woolli said:

Isnt it time to draw a line with all this shit! We are all Bolton fans, and want whats best for us as a club, and fans. People have differences, that is what football is all about! Personal insults shouldnt be part of a football forum, so, come on lads, lets all leave it, and concentrate on the game ahead!

Thank you Woolli, exactly my thoughts.

2 hours ago, Ani said:

This you saying you are more realistic. I could go through and get quotes on all the others but you are not worth the effort 

It is a strange thing to join an internet discussion forum and try to take some moral high ground but constantly lie. 

You keep telling yourself that you are making sensible rationale points in a constructive way and everyone is misunderstanding. 

Good bye

I think there’s little point continuing this or any conversation Ani, so it’s goodbye from him and it’s goodbye from me 😉

14 hours ago, MickyD said:

WS63, what you fail to acknowledge is the level of football we’re currently playing and the skill sets of the players we have. We have centre forwards who isn’t a sprinter. Nor is he adept at holding up the ball until other attacking players can show for an out ball. If he was, he’d be playing for Man City, United, etc.

We have players in all positions who are playing for us because they just aren’t good enough to be playing too far further up the football pyramid.

Every single point you make assumes our players are a much higher level than they actually are and also higher than opposition players. We’ve discussed all season how no team is head and shoulders better than the others. Why, then, did Bolton have a right to beat any other?

Drop your expectation to a level we’re currently at, not a level which includes our former superstar personnel.

All fair points Micky but even at this level I should expect a certain level of capability and just producing the basics should be a given for anybody who considers themselves a professional.

15 hours ago, Whitesince63 said:

There does seem to be a small collection of long time posters on here who resent anybody new coming on and upsetting the clique. 

You couldn't be more wrong. Everyone on here was new at some point, only the odd few get exceptions taken to.

Like the black pudding industry, we always need new blood.

• Site Supporter

When you think about it, there are two ways to react to an influx of posters who see only the negatives; some of us call out the negativity where we feel the positivity outweighs it, others just turn off their computer and don’t interact. I know which is best for the longevity of a forum such as this.

• Site Supporter
12 hours ago, burnden said:

Club Statement 

https://www.bwfc.co.uk/news/2021/may/club-statement/

The events of yesterday, off the park, may already have harmed our efforts to secure the support of our event planning partners for the reintroduction of supporters.

Precisely what we were saying days before the game. Authorities will have been looking at a number of games over the last few days.

1 hour ago, Traf said:

You couldn't be more wrong. Everyone on here was new at some point, only the odd few get exceptions taken to.

Like the black pudding industry, we always need new blood.

5 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Precisely what we were saying days before the game. Authorities will have been looking at a number of games over the last few days.

Brilliant Traf, love Black Pudding, especially from Bury Market when I get over there and glad you’re open to new posters but you sure have an odd way of showing it? 💁‍♂️😊 

16 minutes ago, MickyD said:

When you think about it, there are two ways to react to an influx of posters who see only the negatives; some of us call out the negativity where we feel the positivity outweighs it, others just turn off their computer and don’t interact. I know which is best for the longevity of a forum such as this.

I think that’s unfair Micky, it depends entirely on how how you perceive the comments. I’ve never intentionally come on here being negative or critical. I’ve certainly called out some of the limitations of our play and maybe you and a few others felt I was too harsh. In that case why not just respond to that effect, or don’t respond at all. I was met with a hail of abuse, told to eff off, that I’m a cunt, a twat and a bellend! Now I might be all of those things and some might disagree with my points but is there really any need for that kind of language abuse and where it’s used, should I not be able to respond to it without suffering further criticism? I’m no prude, I don’t expect everybody to be saint like but I have contributed to loads of forums over the years, not just Wanderers and I have to say that I’ve never found one with as much abuse and foul language as this. Obviously it’s up to the posters what they post and if most are happy with it, then that’s ok by me but most boards enter discussion on issues they disagree with, they don’t just insult and abuse. Maybe I didn’t make the best start and rubbed a few up the wrong way and it’s descended into something adversarial but I think if you examined every post I’ve made on here, the majority have been entirely positive and I’m only critical when I consider it necessary. Sorry for the sermon but hope we don’t have to drag on the hostilities. It’s supposed to be fun supporting Wanderers!! 😇😉

4 minutes ago, Whitesince63 said:

I think that’s unfair Micky, it depends entirely on how how you perceive the comments. I’ve never intentionally come on here being negative or critical. I’ve certainly called out some of the limitations of our play and maybe you and a few others felt I was too harsh. In that case why not just respond to that effect, or don’t respond at all. I was met with a hail of abuse, told to eff off, that I’m a cunt, a twat and a bellend! Now I might be all of those things and some might disagree with my points but is there really any need for that kind of language abuse and where it’s used, should I not be able to respond to it without suffering further criticism? I’m no prude, I don’t expect everybody to be saint like but I have contributed to loads of forums over the years, not just Wanderers and I have to say that I’ve never found one with as much abuse and foul language as this. Obviously it’s up to the posters what they post and if most are happy with it, then that’s ok by me but most boards enter discussion on issues they disagree with, they don’t just insult and abuse. Maybe I didn’t make the best start and rubbed a few up the wrong way and it’s descended into something adversarial but I think if you examined every post I’ve made on here, the majority have been entirely positive and I’m only critical when I consider it necessary. Sorry for the sermon but hope we don’t have to drag on the hostilities. It’s supposed to be fun supporting Wanderers!! 😇😉

I dont see anything wrong in what you post....We are in lge 2 and to put it bluntly some of our signings have been the worst at there positions in the clubs History.  Why can you not see that at least we are improving and i have always stated that if a player tries his best he will always get the supporters backing...you just dont see that.

21 minutes ago, Whitesince63 said:

I think that’s unfair Micky, it depends entirely on how how you perceive the comments. I’ve never intentionally come on here being negative or critical. I’ve certainly called out some of the limitations of our play and maybe you and a few others felt I was too harsh. In that case why not just respond to that effect, or don’t respond at all. I was met with a hail of abuse, told to eff off, that I’m a cunt, a twat and a bellend! Now I might be all of those things and some might disagree with my points but is there really any need for that kind of language abuse and where it’s used, should I not be able to respond to it without suffering further criticism? I’m no prude, I don’t expect everybody to be saint like but I have contributed to loads of forums over the years, not just Wanderers and I have to say that I’ve never found one with as much abuse and foul language as this. Obviously it’s up to the posters what they post and if most are happy with it, then that’s ok by me but most boards enter discussion on issues they disagree with, they don’t just insult and abuse. Maybe I didn’t make the best start and rubbed a few up the wrong way and it’s descended into something adversarial but I think if you examined every post I’ve made on here, the majority have been entirely positive and I’m only critical when I consider it necessary. Sorry for the sermon but hope we don’t have to drag on the hostilities. It’s supposed to be fun supporting Wanderers!! 😇😉

We'll take the bold bit  as a badge of honour. Cheers. 

Edited by RoadRunnerFan