Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Exeter City - Home

Spider

1 minute ago, CambridgeBWFC said:

My first ever live football game was at anfield watching Bolton beat Liverpool in the cup in 92, I was 10 and was in the centenary stand with my dad who was the Bolton fan and his mate from work who was Liverpool and got the tickets. I wasn't really a Bolton fan having not grown up in Bolton, and my dad hadn't done a great job, but from that day it set the seed. From the next season we got season tickets travelling from Cheshire to Bolton each game, not far but still a trip. I kept my season ticket through uni, but had to miss out on a few mainly  Holldsworth Wembley and Preston in Cardiff,  but otherwise kept that going until the 2010 season when I just lost my passion and personal reasons meant I didn't want make that trip week in and week out as my family had long since given up. Not long after I moved down Cambridge way and haven't seen as much as I had liked, the last 4-5 years I started to reconnect with the club. It was shit at first but through all the pain of that I rediscovered my deep rooted love for the club travelling to a number of home and away games. This season has been a revelation, we are a club again and one I am deeply proud of, I have watched every game and am excited  by the sport again. I really hope we seal things tomorrow,  but if we don't then we still go again next week and whilst not going up automatically would be horrible,  the journey this season has been phenomenal and regardless of what ultimately happens,  my club exists and beats firmly in my heart. COYWM!

First ever Bolton match was the Legends match in 2016, saw some great players on the day though not in their prime sadly. Must admit got quite emotional when Fabrice Muamba came on.

My first league match was a disappointing 0-0 draw against Bradford the same year.

Can't get to many matches due to money, Ill health, but hope to get to some next season covid permitting.

• Site Supporter
8 hours ago, gonzo said:

86-87 Aldershot

87-88 Promoted Wrexham

88-89 Wembley - Torquay

89-90 Playoffs Notts County

#90-91 Wembley - Tranmere

91-92 Cup run and the Soton game

92-93 Liverpool in Cup and Promotion, Hull, PNE etc

93-94 Cup run - Everton, Arsenal, Villa

94-95 Cup Final, Reading Play Offs

95-96 Prem

96-97 Champions. Last Season Burnden.

97-98 Relegation last day

98-99 Watford Play off final 

99-00 Barry Knight, Tranmere Semi, Villa semi. 

00-01 Play off promotion.

01-02 Youri and survival

02-03 JJ and last day survival

03-04 Boro league cup final 

04-05 UEFA qualification

05-06 UEFA France, Bulgaria, Istanbul and Portugal.

06-07 UEFA qualification

07-08 Euro jollies to Germany, Macedonia, Serbia, Spain and Portugal.

08-09 Not much but ultimately still comfortably in PL

09-10 Much the same

10-11 Brum away, Stoke semi

11-12 Relegation last day 

12-13 Nearly made Play Offs 

13-14 Think this was a dead season 

14-15 Lennon upsurge, Liverpool In cup. 

15-16 Relegation

16-17 Promotion, Vale away etc 

17-18 Forest Home, Wilbraham

18-19 Relegation 

19-20 Relegation 

20- 21 ....

This is just in my life time.  Like many have said life is never dull. 

Excellent that 👏.

See you’ve had a lot Twitter coverage to with it mate 👍

5 hours ago, DavidLeesMullet said:

First ever Bolton match was the Legends match in 2016, saw some great players on the day though not in their prime sadly. Must admit got quite emotional when Fabrice Muamba came on.

I still can't watch the Muamba incident without becoming a blubbering mess. Anyway, todays the day - COYFWM

Soooo looking forward to this.

Still hoping that we can win the league, tho we may av run out of games to do that now, but WE NEVER GIVE UP.

Its great that our destiny is in our own hands, I’m certain that we won’t waste this opportunity.

Another 1-0 will be fine.

I actually really really enjoy these 1-nillers, smug in the knowledge that try as they might, the opposition ain’t gonna score! 😂 

Anyone else? 

The only games I've managed to watch this season have been the 2 televised here. My Dad has insisted that I don't get up in the middle of the night to watch and jinx it. So in a few hours I'll be dropping enough Temazepam to knock a horse out.

Hopefully when I wake the usual culprits will be moaning about another 1-0 win and the rest of the not rights on here will be celebrating and drinking heavily.

8 hours ago, lofthouse said:

32 minutes ago, Ruba Mustafa said:

Soooo looking forward to this.

Still hoping that we can win the league, tho we may av run out of games to do that now, but WE NEVER GIVE UP.

Its great that our destiny is in our own hands, I’m certain that we won’t waste this opportunity.

Another 1-0 will be fine.

I actually really really enjoy these 1-nillers, smug in the knowledge that try as they might, the opposition ain’t gonna score! 😂 

Anyone else? 

After the game, yes

Slept surprisingly well (eventually). Still wasn’t expecting to be awake at this time though and the game was literally the first thought on my mind.

Club shop order is ready to collect (home shirt and some gear for my mate’s lad who has become BWFC obsessed this season despite his parents supporting the Manc clubs) so I’ll nip up this morning and offer up a prayer to the football gods. 

• Moderators
12 hours ago, gonzo said:

07-08 Euro jollies to Germany, Macedonia, Serbia, Spain and Portugal.

13-14 Think this was a dead season 

You can add to 07/08 that we looked dead and buried with 5 games left, then got 11 from 15 including Boro away. 

13/14, well DF did gift us with our worst start in 100+ years (and to prove it wasn't a fluke did it again the next season)