Jump to content
Wanderers Ways - passion not fashion

Exeter City - Home


Spider
 Share

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Whitesince63 said:

Must be similar to me Bogs, pain and delight in almost equal measures!! As for taking my kids on Saturday, apart from them being too old for that, it should be more like them taking me. 😉 My lad somehow became a Spurs fan and the only good thing about it is that nearly every time we’ve watched them, we’ve won. My daughters not into footy but my 4 year old granddaughter already has Wanderers kit and will certainly carry on the tradition with me when she’s a little older. Hopefully we’ll be on the up for her from here? 🥳

Maybe you telling him how shit we were every week did not help 😘👍😎

 

To be clear I am only joking !!! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, jules_darby said:

So is Pep well paid to win the Prem; reckon Citeh fans shouldn't celebrate that?

And well paid or not, we are supporters of the club....why should we not get giddy about promotion - whether we "should be getting promoted" or not, it leaves the club we love in a much better position. You;re not just cheering on IE, it's the players, Aunti Shaz, the kit-man etc

And celebrate especially as we've had the last decade we have. Even more especially cos we had such a shit start and it was so improbable 10-12 weeks ago

You either just don't get it, or more likely, you're just trying to reinforce your anti-IE position because you're so entrenched in it. 

So you come on FFS you absolute mood hoover...

For the last 10 years or so we have had people very well paid to do certain things. The fact we have now seemingly found one that can do the job they are paid for is reason to celebrate. 
 

Hugh took a view on Evatt is not going to let results, performances and potential promotion affect his long hel view. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, jules_darby said:

Yeah same, don't remember Wrexham really

Always had you down as a lot older jules 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, MickyD said:

You’ve met then? 🤣

Always thought he had a few years on me but we’re similar age

either he’s looking ropey or it’s me looking youthful😀

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Can you imagine how shit it would be for the players having just won promotion to walk out of the stadium and be greeted by absolutely fucking nobody - get in the car and go home after the biggest achievement of your career playing for the biggest club of your career!

They want people there, to be honest I suspect the club secretly want people there, but obviously they can’t say it. As long as it’s a good mood and people don’t act the cock then I can’t see the problem. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Site Supporter
8 minutes ago, Eddie said:

As long as it’s a good mood and people don’t act the cock then I can’t see the problem. 

I’ve just thought of a problem...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Site Supporter
1 hour ago, Eddie said:

Can you imagine how shit it would be for the players having just won promotion to walk out of the stadium and be greeted by absolutely fucking nobody - get in the car and go home after the biggest achievement of your career playing for the biggest club of your career!

They want people there, to be honest I suspect the club secretly want people there, but obviously they can’t say it. As long as it’s a good mood and people don’t act the cock then I can’t see the problem. 

Said that to my old man this morning. If the club had been given any encouragement at all to put an event on, they’d have done it.

Theyve had to toe the line but they know full well plenty will turn up and I bet they are buzzing to see it

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Moderators
4 hours ago, Burndens Bogs said:

Just checked again through the stats, i've actually seen 9 promotions and 10 relegations in my lifetime, which means jack all in the great scheme of things, but i'd like to make it 10 of each on Saturday - i'm OCD like that.

Assuming we go up I think I'm on 6 of each since 91/92

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I've remembered a couple of incidents on the Wrexham away day, Bolton fans forced a gate open and ran in, one of my mates was promptly marched out but some got in, jumping up and down on the dugouts after the whistle and one of them started to collapse, on the way home not too far away from the ground on the country road there was a broken down car blocking the road so about 10 of us helped the police to move it to one side, passing cans of ale to mates in another car at 70 mph on the motorway. What a day that was

Link to comment
Share on other sites

50 minutes ago, barrycowdrill said:

Just realised the club are taking part of this social media blackout over the weekend so if anyone can’t watch the game don’t expect any updates through any official club channels 

SSN is that on ???

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Whitesince63 said:

Must be similar to me Bogs, pain and delight in almost equal measures!! As for taking my kids on Saturday, apart from them being too old for that, it should be more like them taking me. 😉 My lad somehow became a Spurs fan and the only good thing about it is that nearly every time we’ve watched them, we’ve won. My daughters not into footy but my 4 year old granddaughter already has Wanderers kit and will certainly carry on the tradition with me when she’s a little older. Hopefully we’ll be on the up for her from here? 🥳

hope you gave your son some shit about the ESL

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Casino unpinned this topic

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.