Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Crawley -Away

globaldiver

2 hours ago, desperado said:

Really hoping it’s our game.

After the ifollow shenanigans yesterday (well all season 😂) the nerves and tension don’t need ramping up anymore with delayed coverage, circles of death and blackouts.

With no play-off rivals playing against each other, There’s only 4 games they are going to choose from. I’m dismissing Morecambe as it’s not in their hands. And they are just a small time outfit with 10 fans.

Cambridge must be tempting as they could finish 1/2/3/4. Cheltenham being favourites for the title is understandable, but they are up, so not a great deal of excitement there.

If they want the best audience and with promotion still very much in the balance then surely our game is the most appealing?

Fingers crossed 🤞 

They’ll surely choose the biggest audience. It’s like a cheat fixture for them, probably the same viewing figures as most championship games but they only have to pay the fee of a L2 game. It’s why Leeds were on so much in the champ - prem size viewing, much smaller cost.

Really worried about this one! What concern me is the fact we have only managed to score one goal in each of our last five games. Couple that with Crawleys last two home fixtures against Cheltenham and Forest Green, in which they didnt concede, it doesnt look to promising. Would love a 1-0, but yesterdays 2nd half performance doesnt bode well!

9 minutes ago, woolli said:

Really worried about this one! What concern me is the fact we have only managed to score one goal in each of our last five games. Couple that with Crawleys last two home fixtures against Cheltenham and Forest Green, in which they didnt concede, it doesnt look to promising. Would love a 1-0, but yesterdays 2nd half performance doesnt bode well!

Chill mate. We play better away and we've beaten Salford and Morecambe away recently.  2nd half yesterday was crap but it's still in our hands.

Edited by dusan nikolic

1 hour ago, Mounts Kipper said:

This week the club has to keep it low key, keep out of the newspapers, nothing from the management team, players or owners, let’s be humble, concentrate on the task in hand and get the job done. 

Absolutely spot on Mounts. Hopefully IE will give the lads a little bit of time off during the week to get them fully focused on Saturdays game. Definitely got the feeling that nerves and the occasion got to them especially after the break. Although I’m sure some of our fans will be at Crawley I’m kind of relieved that the fixture is being played 200 miles away as a local game would have been bedlam. COYWM!

Edited by trotter1966

1 hour ago, Mounts Kipper said:

This week the club has to keep it low key, keep out of the newspapers, nothing from the management team, players or owners, let’s be humble, concentrate on the task in hand and get the job done. 

Not even going to thinks about it now until next Saturday, suggest the Club puts their heads down and gets on with it

4 minutes ago, captainmed said:

What are your thoughts on the numbers that will travel?

Weather will be the factor

Seems to be good interest with our lot

southern whites maybe a few hundred 

2 hours ago, Mounts Kipper said:

I agree with this, felt a bit like tempting fate last week, it was almost as if we'd already done the job and we were just planning a party.

Heads down, focus, no thinking about the end until the last ball has been kicked, play the minute you are in, don't get summit giddy....and other clichés - but just focus on winning one football match, forget the rest.