Jump to content
Wanderers Ways - passion not fashion

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, paulhanley said:

Penny never drops does it. There's a tremendous amount of arrogance goes in to a mindset like that. It's what happens when you clearly believe you annexed the moral high ground in perpetuity.

You must be on a wind up, no one is that blind to their own hypocrisy, surely?

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

As a means of suggesting people just be good to each other, and to set a basic way of encouraging decent morality, it would be fine. The message most churches I’ve ever been to tends to be “look

Its all bollocks. 

It doesn't matter that there are a million different gods. Religion is generally a good thing. People in religion are the problem.

4 minutes ago, Not in Crawley said:

It's not about right or wrong, it's about looking and being interested in a broad spectrum of views. Paul's makes me smile because he's trashing his own point in ever post, but still can't see that.

He's totally entitled to his view and I'm sure there are certain things we would agree on, his heavy handedness and anger I very much doubt though.

You seem to think everything is so clearly defined, I'd love it if there would was that simple, sadly - or maybe wonderfully - it isn't.

All views welcome, but if that's the case, allow all views to be heard.

I agree everything you say apart from your view that I think everything is clearly defined.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Site Supporter
Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, paulhanley said:

You can't resist replying to my posts can you? There's clearly something about my conservatism, lack of a problem with patriotism, Brexit support (and distaste for what went on in that democracy-denying open sewer of a parliament between 2017 and 2019), support for those who want to follow a religion or support for the monarchy that niggles you. 

I don't sign up to viewing the whole of history through the binary perspective of slavery or colonialism either. There are millions and millions of other people the same as me. We don't agree with you and we are never going away. It's called diversity ... diversity of opinion. 

Maybe you should be more "inclusive" and listen. It might help people from your part of the political spectrum have a chance of getting seats like Leigh, Bolsover, Sedgefield and Workington back at some point.

Or is it too comfortable inside the Church of Woke?

Turn your irony filter on, luv. It seems to be broken, causing you to miss the Herculean contradiction you are making within the same post.

Honestly, read back what you have written about diversity of opinion.

I’m trying to help you, but eventually you have to help yourself too.

 

Edited by Spider
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Spider said:

Turn your irony filter on. It seems to be broken, causing you to miss the Herculean contradiction you are making within the same post.

Honestly, read back what you have written about diversity of opinion.

I’m trying to help you, but eventually you have to help yourself too.

 

Expressing an opinion with force does not mean I am trying to silence others. 

It isn't people from my part of the political spectrum that created cancel culture and no-platforming or decrees which parts of the English language or history are acceptable or unacceptable to use.

The contradiction is not mine. Mine is a reaction to the gigantic and hypocritical contradiction of people who claim to be liberal but are anything but.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, boltondiver said:

I agree everything you say apart from your view that I think everything is clearly defined.

Except it isn't, you've just made an assumption based on my calling out some of the utter right wing rubbish that gets tossed out on here.

As I say, I've voted for all the main political parties, I don't like tribalism in politics. I have my views and these will change, and the party that suits at different times.

I'm more right wing than some of my friends, more left wing than others. You want to stop pigeonholing, an individual is a broad church of opinions and all can coexist quite happily.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, paulhanley said:

Expressing an opinion with force does not mean I am trying to silence others. 

It isn't people from my part of the political spectrum that created cancel culture and no-platforming or decrees which parts of the English language or history are acceptable or unacceptable to use.

The contradiction is not mine. Mine is a reaction to the gigantic and hypocritical contradiction of people who claim to be liberal but are anything but.

 

Really? Come on have a read of even this post. It contradicts itself in three paragraphs.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Not in Crawley said:

Except it isn't, you've just made an assumption based on my calling out some of the utter right wing rubbish that gets tossed out on here.

As I say, I've voted for all the main political parties, I don't like tribalism in politics. I have my views and these will change, and the party that suits at different times.

I'm more right wing than some of my friends, more left wing than others. You want to stop pigeonholing, an individual is a broad church of opinions and all can coexist quite happily.

Did you read my post?

I agreed with you aside from your view that I think everything is clearly defined.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Not in Crawley said:

Really? Come on have a read of even this post. It contradicts itself in three paragraphs.

If you say so. You're on the back foot in these so called "culture wars" though ... because four or five years ago I wasn't aware of them and didn't care.

By the way - this has to be worst week in history to be a Wanderers fan with the handle "Not in Crawley" on a BWFC forum. If it's not in Crawley its the play offs.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, paulhanley said:

If you say so. You're on the back foot in these so called "culture wars" though ... because four or five years ago I wasn't aware of them and didn't care.

By the way - this has to be worst week in history to be a Wanderers fan with the handle "Not in Crawley" on a BWFC forum. If it's not in Crawley its the play offs.

 

I'm Not in Crawley. I'm the only one round here actually distancing myself from Crawley. The rest of you could be undercover woke Crawley apologists. Handley? Sounds West Sussex to me.

Culture Wars? I hope that's like Robot Wars but with actors.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, stevieb said:

Top 3 threads on wanderersways currently 

Religion 

Politics 

Snooker

 

Sounds like a Munich flag

And should shaun Murphy win, probably won't, I think he gives 10% of his winnings to the church, so we could merge snooker and religion. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Site Supporter

Regulars at church, we haven't really been so much during lockdown as it's limited numbers and so we've kept away. 

Kids enjoy it and want to go, so we do. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, boogs said:

And should shaun Murphy win, probably won't, I think he gives 10% of his winnings to the church, so we could merge snooker and religion. 

Isn’t Murphy a Munich?

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, boogs said:

And should shaun Murphy win, probably won't, I think he gives 10% of his winnings to the church, so we could merge snooker and religion. 

Be his penance for shagging about that 😎

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Announcements


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.