Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Are we going up 2021/22

Horwich

1 minute ago, jules_darby said:

Not like Horwich to start neggy 🤗

Let’s have a look in august. Who gives a fuck now?!

Well said Manc

who cares 

Keep the existing foundations in place, top three of L2 is top half of L1 in anyone's books.

Start up the Ressies again to give new signings, trialists and injuries competitive game time and add a dead ball player or two for more goals from corners & throws to give us extra goals and we'll go up.

White Hot Days are just around the corner, keep the faith

5 minutes ago, Dimron said:

Keep the existing foundations in place, top three of L2 is top half of L1 in anyone's books.

Start up the Ressies again to give new signings, trialists and injuries competitive game time and add a dead ball player or two for more goals from corners & throws to give us extra goals and we'll go up.

White Hot Days are just around the corner, keep the faith

Used my likes but have a +1

14 minutes ago, Dimron said:

I don't think its a big step up.

L1 to Championship is a bigger ask

Aye.  The step ups get bigger the higher you go.

3 decent sides coming down, particularly if Wednesday don't become a financial basket case.  Sunderland and Ipswich both big sides.  Whoever misses out on the play offs and then sides like Plymouth, Lincoln and possibly Wigan if they get new finance.

It's going to be great pitting our wits against em.

6 minutes ago, Duck Egg said:

Aye.  The step ups get bigger the higher you go.

3 decent sides coming down, particularly if Wednesday don't become a financial basket case.  Sunderland and Ipswich both big sides.  Whoever misses out on the play offs and then sides like Plymouth, Lincoln and possibly Wigan if they get new finance.

It's going to be great pitting our wits against em.

Ducky, you know we'll shit 'em.

7 hours ago, Eddie said:

We’ll be up there, no doubt about it. Go up, probably not but I wouldn’t bet against it 

Exactly.

13 minutes ago, CJG said:

You’d have to imagine they’ll lengthen when they include the rest of the league. I’ll just wait until we’ve lost a few games at the start of the season again 🤣

4 minutes ago, Leyther_Matt said:

You’d have to imagine they’ll lengthen when they include the rest of the league. I’ll just wait until we’ve lost a few games at the start of the season again 🤣

Wait until we can be bothered starting the season in January.

1 minute ago, Mr Grey said:

I'm not to sure, I just want progression, hopefully some new players in the mould of our January signings would help and pre-season work on set pieces.

Play-off would be a tremendous achievement and a massive step forward, we are on the way back up.

Small steps.

Agree with that. I don't think the gap between League Two and League One is massive so I think we should be aiming high but just having a solid season with a top half finish would be a decent effort. I think Playoffs should be the goal for the board and the manager. 

Not sure how this current squad would fare in L1, think we could do with upgrading/strengthening in every part of the pitch.

Dapo & Isgrove I think could handle L1 but recruiting better competition than Delfouneso, Elbouzedi and Gnahoua should be a priority this summer.

I think our central midfield is now our strongest department with Sarce, Lee, MJ, Thomason, Tutte but wouldn't say no to an incoming CM.

Miller popped up with important goals this season but would be better if Doyle had a young striker who could learn from him in training and push him for a starting place.

Declan John should be retained and I think Gethin could be improved on but would be a good player to keep.

Baptiste & Gilks have had fantastic seasons but do need to think about getting some younger players in. Delaney seems like the only viable CB cover at the minute and we don't have any viable back up goalie right now.

A starting XI like this would do a decent job in L1 I think:

Gilks

New RB, Santos, New CB, Declan John,

MJ, Sarcevic, Lee

Isgrove, Doyle, Dapo