Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Are we going up 2021/22

Horwich

24 minutes ago, Biggish Dave said:

Said at the start of this season, we'll be in the championship again within 5 years. I'll still be happy with that - progress is all I ask for (and a good cup run for once)

Yep just outside the play offs plus win the FA and League Cups would be acceptable 😎

• Site Supporter
18 hours ago, MickyD said:

Those promoted teams from last year, or the other three from this (whoever the fourth may be) don’t have anywhere close to the ground or facilities and therefore the pulling power of Bolton as a Div 3 club.

Swindon lost their manager too which didn't work out too well for any of them.

23 hours ago, marple whites said:

Bottom of the top half would be a superb result.

some massive clubs with huge budgets, no rush, let’s do it right this time.

I’m not convinced there are too many massive clubs and huge budgets. Looking at the 3 going up from L2, we’re clear favourites and then the 3 coming down from the Champ, obviously Wednesday are huge but we’re a bigger draw and will likely have a bigger budget than Rotherham or Wycombe.

Then you look at who will be left, 3 of the 4 in the play offs are Blackpool, Lincoln and Oxford - again, we should be beating any of the 3 to players we want.

If Sunderland don’t go up through the play offs then I’d put them and Wednesday as clearly the 2 in the league with the biggest pull, crowds and budgets but after that I’d say we won’t be far off the next group with Ipswich, Pompey and Charlton.

That’s not me saying I expect us to go straight into battling for promotion, and the likes of Lincoln are on a roll and will be right up there if they don’t go up this year. A solid year building on this year will be plenty good enough, but I’m not having it that L1 is full of big clubs which we can’t compete with.

I'll be expecting Rotherham to be up there.  They bounced back straight away last time and they have a good manager.  Blackpool have done very well since shedding the Oystons and get stronger each season.  I think they may win the play offs this time though. 

• Site Supporter

Ipswich have money to spend, talk of signing Waghorn for £5m.

As much as it’s all about the first time, I’d like to see some youngsters out on loan to develop them - Sonny Graham, Adam Senior, Jay Fitzmartin - even Darcy for the first half of the season

You can only ever enter a league with the goal to win it.

BWFC gained automatic promotion from a lower league which in my mind equates to top half. a few tweaks here and there and we'll be alright. Just get on with the job and stop umming and ahhing.

We'll do it as Champions, White Hot days are coming again

• Members
22 minutes ago, little whitt said:

fuck me is that all 

we where 6-1 this season

Goes off betting traffic. If a load of us where swept up in promotion and thought yeah we’ll go again and lump a load of money on, the bookies are going to reduce the odds to avoid losing loads

• Moderators
45 minutes ago, little whitt said:

fuck me is that all 

we where 6-1 this season

22 minutes ago, Rudy said:

Goes off betting traffic. If a load of us where swept up in promotion and thought yeah we’ll go again and lump a load of money on, the bookies are going to reduce the odds to avoid losing loads

Nah, Malcolm just needs a reboot 

nEaeBpN.jpg

25/1 for Wycombe, same odds as Fleetwood and Crewe, I'm struggling with that logic.  They looked as good as any of the relegated sides and have one of the stand out managers.  And nobody's "cup final" so they can go under the radar.  My £2 going on them.