Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

The morning after the day the before

gonzo

• Members

Wasn’t too long ago I was having sleepless nights thinking our club was going to go bust

Frantically checking online every hour looking for any glimmer of hope that someone would save us. 

Ken Anderson made me so mad and angry at what he had done to my club. 

Will forever be grateful to Sharon, FV, IE and our top top fans. 

What a difference 

The fact that it’s promotion from league 2 is absolutely irrelevant. 

the Demise if this great football club over the past 10 years has been horrific. Not many if any have gone through anything like it and I’m not just on about on the pitch. The club was given its last rights and it doesn’t bear thinking about a life without BWFC and football every Saturday with familiar faces. The joy, the celebrations, the tears all of it. 

that chapter is now closed. This huge, fantastic, community football club one of the founding statesmen of the league in this country is slowly but surely coming out of the dark. 

we have the club we know and love back. We’re connected, we trust it and we’re starting to see it giving it us back in return 

3 minutes ago, Dr. Feelgood said:

Don't fret. He has your wallet.

You got me checking now😀

just looked on bank I withdrew cash at a petrol station fuck knows how much I paid him 

Just now, RUREADY2ROLL said:

Apparently Radcliffewhite lost that years ago 🤓

Where was you yesterday thought you was hardcore 

2 minutes ago, radcliffewhite1 said:

Where was you yesterday thought you was hardcore 

Was considering going but when it was announced on sky I decided not to bother. We would have stayed at our sons in Chislehurst but they are packing up heading for Dartford so would have slowed them down. Can’t wait for next season 

I keep filling up, didn’t realise how much of an effect the last few years of absolute misery had on me. It does feel as though we have taken a massive step on the long road back to respectability. 👏

I hope and pray we are in very safe hands now 🙏 in Shazza, MJ & Ian we trust!

Joined this forum during the administration period, as I scoured the internet for any hope that someone would help turn this mighty club around. It felt like forever and didn't seem like it would ever get done at times but Sharon Brittan answered that call and deserves huge credit for her pragmatic yet caring approach. She has pressed all the right buttons and didn't panic-press the sack button when many would have done and it has paid dividends. Shazza is an example to all, to show faith in the process and start to believe in Bolton Wanderers again.

From the dizzy highs of the Premier League and Europe - to enduring the KA era - to being 20th in League 2, this season will be one of my most memorable as a Bolton supporter. I'm sure many people thought, myself included, that this could be another false dawn for Bolton, all those pre-season dreams of promotion looked to be gone but the board, the manager and their players turned it around and should go into next season with an attitude full of belief, to never give up and with love in their hearts for BWFC.

If you can keep your head when all about you   

Are losing theirs and blaming it on you,   

If you can trust yourself when all men doubt you,

But make allowance for their doubting too;   

If you can dream—and not make dreams your master;   

If you can think—and not make thoughts your aim;   

If you can meet with Triumph and Disaster

And treat those two impostors just the same;   

If you can force your heart and nerve and sinew

To serve your turn long after they are gone,   

And so hold on when there is nothing in you

Except the Will which says to them: ‘Hold on!’

If you can fill the unforgiving minute

With sixty seconds’ worth of distance run,   

Yours is the Earth and everything that’s in it,   

And—which is more—you’ll be a Man, my son!

Edited by Mantra

3 hours ago, gonzo said:

Happy Sunday folks.

Its official we have our club back. 

Inject those videos of players arriving back last night directly in to our veins. Mad to think it wasn’t so long ago there were videos of protests and the club was as as divided and toxic as it’s ever been.

We were all completely drained of the day to day, sometimes hour to hour drama and demise that was unfolding before our very eyes. Actually dreading match day and seeing it as a chore was killing even the most ardent of supporters.

Well it’s all over now people, get your feet up today, take the dog out, have a beer or slam an extra sugar in your tea. 

Weve done it. I posted similar on twitter but My Dad has always said to me no matter what depths we sink to,we always,always come back. It’s in our DNA.  It’s in our history.

Enjoy it lads and lasses, it’s been one fuck off horrible journey. 10 years of utter madness but Bolton are back.

Excellent Post 

At times like this its also good to see how others now see us 

This from a Blackburn Rovers fan sums it up perfectly for me - we should all hold our heads up high ... 

"To be fair....I would have liked Bolton to be promoted....and, over the years nobody has disliked them more than I have .....the reason being

... they hit the wall, they were ruined by dreadful ownership, they were left with nothing .....but pride in the shirt, a local owner, a decent, progressive manager and 15,000 gate next season ( Covid permitting) gives them a soul ....something we , at Ewood , can only dream of... "

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, Benny The Ball said:

Excellent Post 

At times like this its also good to see how others now see us 

This from a Blackburn Rovers fan sums it up perfectly for me - we should all hold our heads up high ... 

"To be fair....I would have liked Bolton to be promoted....and, over the years nobody has disliked them more than I have .....the reason being

... they hit the wall, they were ruined by dreadful ownership, they were left with nothing .....but pride in the shirt, a local owner, a decent, progressive manager and 15,000 gate next season ( Covid permitting) gives them a soul ....something we , at Ewood , can only dream of... "

+1 is for the Blackburn fan, Benny, not you. 🤣