Jump to content
Wanderers Ways - passion not fashion

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 423
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The completely changed the face of British music and propelled the indie rock scene in to the main stream.  A whole generation of people wanted to dress like them and walk like them.  Their

The greatest quote of all time in the history of music,  "I’m forever near a stereo saying, ‘What the fuck is this garbage? ‘ And the answer is always the Red Hot Chili Peppers.” — Nick Cave

How shit were they? Pub rock. Out Of plastecine Fuck off

  • Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, Youri McAnespie said:

Rudy, ffs you worship Nile Rodgers. And bother Prince. OASIS SHIT

I understand what you're getting at. Oasis can easily be viewed as fairly derivative, but there is no denying their influence.

There are dozens of Oasis-lite acts still dragging their guitars and attitudes around with them - Gerry Cinnamon the most recent example.

Noel Gallagher is guilty of basically playing D, C & G (in various add7/add9 formats) for 99% of his songs and repeating Beatles structures.

But it still works. Like you know McDonalds isn't Michelin star but we all go. We ALL go.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Youri McAnespie said:

Rudy, ffs you worship Nile Rodgers. And bother Prince. OASIS SHIT

Youri.

“Prepare to witness a place of gore
Of legal disection and blood on the floor
Carved up corpses, in the corner
Sliced up by a psychotic coroner
Slice, dice, chop them haphazardly
Like laboratory mice, splatter brain matter
Pound on the skull until it shatters”

 

Enough said 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Spider said:

I understand what you're getting at. Oasis can easily be viewed as fairly derivative, but there is no denying their influence.

There are dozens of Oasis-lite acts still dragging their guitars and attitudes around with them - Gerry Cinnamon the most recent example.

Noel Gallagher is guilty of basically playing D, C & G (in various add7/add9 formats) for 99% of his songs and repeating Beatles structures.

But it still works. Like you know McDonalds isn't Michelin star but we all go. We ALL go.

Da cd what a wanker..

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Rudy said:

Youri.

“Prepare to witness a place of gore
Of legal disection and blood on the floor
Carved up corpses, in the corner
Sliced up by a psychotic coroner
Slice, dice, chop them haphazardly
Like laboratory mice, splatter brain matter
Pound on the skull until it shatters”

 

Enough said 

Freak out - Chic.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Site Supporter
3 minutes ago, Youri McAnespie said:

Da cd what a wanker..

I invented the "H" chord a few years ago.

I'd play it to you but it renders the listener instantly deaf following a brief moment of unrepeatable musical ecstasy.

Link to post
Share on other sites

This is my all time number one;

Live for your toys
Even though they make noise
Have you ever played with plasticine
Even tried a trampoline
Thank you for your smile
You make it all worthwhile to us

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Not in Crawley said:

Slowly walking down the hall,

Faster than a canonball

I wouldn't go into a lyric battle with Noel as your champ.

Who said he was?

Im just not having a band being called shit by someone  who defines cannibal cunting corpse as music

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Site Supporter

Chris Cornell lyrics won't be beaten. Ever.

I was slipping through the cracks of stolen jewel
I was tightrope walking in two ton shoes
And now somebody's talking of third world war
And the police said, "This is normal control"

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Rudy said:

Who said he was?

Im just not having a band being called shit by someone  who defines cannibal cunting corpse as music

You'll just have to suck it up then, petal 😘

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Site Supporter
25 minutes ago, Not in Crawley said:

Slowly walking down the hall,

Faster than a canonball

I wouldn't go into a lyric battle with Noel as your champ.

I wouldn't champion Led Zep for the same reason. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, RONNIE PHILLIPS said:

I wouldn't champion Led Zep for the same reason. 

What are you on about?

We come from the land of the ice and snow
From the midnight sun where the hot springs flow
The hammer of the gods
Will drive our ships to new lands
To fight the horde, sing and cry
Valhalla, I am coming

Link to post
Share on other sites

Every band there ever was has copied someone or worn their influences on their sleeves some how. if you want a bad one listen to the Young Knives think Gang of Four should be getting most of their Spotify royalties . 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Not in Crawley said:

Slowly walking down the hall,

Faster than a canonball

I wouldn't go into a lyric battle with Noel as your champ.

He lives in a house 

A very big house 

In the country 

That’s almost nursery rhyme esque 

Granted it’s not quite Razorlight standard but it’s not far off 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, DirtySanchez said:

He lives in a house 

A very big house 

In the country 

That’s almost nursery rhyme esque 

Granted it’s not quite Razorlight standard but it’s not far off 

Reading Balzac,

Knocking back Prozac

It's a helping hand that makes you feel wonderfully blind,

 

I think you need to look at what the song is about

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Site Supporter
11 minutes ago, DirtySanchez said:

He lives in a house 

A very big house 

In the country 

That’s almost nursery rhyme esque 

Try reading the rest of the lyrics.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Site Supporter
1 hour ago, Not in Crawley said:

This is my all time number one;

Live for your toys
Even though they make noise
Have you ever played with plasticine
Even tried a trampoline
Thank you for your smile
You make it all worthwhile to us

that was when Noel let Liam have a go 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Site Supporter
Just now, DirtySanchez said:

I have, it’s a crap song 

It may well be. What's your favourite song?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Announcements


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.